The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

9 hours ago, smhouston said:

I hear this a lot. Apparently they have barely spent anything when you look at the money thrown around in the premiershio, all of them will earn the money back, and none are on high wages (unlike what we brought in) so when they come down they'll still be paying peanuts and have parachute payments

Think you’ll find they were 7th highest spenders and Jagielka was shown as their highest earner on £65k pw on recent documents ( not saying that right but that’s what was quoted) so there will be others on good money. 

Also, and most important I think, bogroll mortgaged them up to the hilt against future tv money and parachute payments to pay off Mc Sue.

They won’t get their money back on any of their big signings. No match day income for the foreseeable future. 

Their future is far from rosey. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

6D45D06E-200B-4E3F-B98F-906690DB591C.jpeg

wow.

I also genuinely had no idea it was for that purpose. I mean they are the pigs and they play in a pink shirt. It also is incredibly close to a red and white shirt anyway... it’s very strange and a bit of a kit fail from those reasons. Wouldn’t something rainbow-themed be better for that purpose? And I don’t mean “Rainbow” though they are known to “Bungle” 

lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

Think you’ll find they were 7th highest spenders and Jagielka was shown as their highest earner on £65k pw on recent documents ( not saying that right but that’s what was quoted) so there will be others on good money. 

Also, and most important I think, bogroll mortgaged them up to the hilt against future tv money and parachute payments to pay off Mc Sue.

They won’t get their money back on any of their big signings. No match day income for the foreseeable future. 

Although these figures are generally wrong, they're never too far off. Jagielka will likely be around £50k per week and their highest earner.

This is a player that's a fringe player, their highest earner. 

No wonder Lundstrum, who was an important first team player last season has thrown his toys out of the pram, when he's likely paid about a tenth of that 🤣

I have not really paid too much attention to them as we have been so bad this season. However, they're on an incredibly amusing run of form. To possibly break Derby's record would be brilliant, but I do still think they'll pick up some wins eventually and finish on around 20 points.

We just have to make sure we stay up and then it's back to level playing fields with them next season. Something I certainly didn't expect to happen a few months ago. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Plonk said:

Sounds about right

3 hours ago, Owl Rly said:

wow.

I also genuinely had no idea it was for that purpose. I mean they are the pigs and they play in a pink shirt. It also is incredibly close to a red and white shirt anyway... it’s very strange and a bit of a kit fail from those reasons. Wouldn’t something rainbow-themed be better for that purpose? And I don’t mean “Rainbow” though they are known to “Bungle” 

I thought the laundry lady had had a bit of a mare and put them in a hot wash and they'd run.  😆 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Just watching motd from the other night. Didn't realise wilder was 1 win short of a century. And has been since July. 

I like the phrase "one win short of a century". It's a bit like "a sandwich short of a picnic".

Or "one pig short of a full sty".

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Jagielka’s seen them coming hasn’t he.

Potter about a bit with the odd cameo that he wouldn’t get anywhere else, all under the guise of helping out “his club” with his experience, on £50k+ per week. 

And every time he starts they let 3 in.

Blinding value. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Jagielka’s seen them coming hasn’t he.

Potter about a bit with the odd cameo that he wouldn’t get anywhere else, all under the guise of helping out “his club” with his experience, on £50k+ per week. 

Glad you are okay and back posting 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, owl_83 said:

Can someone explain why a 38 year old centre back who would only be a fringe player, would be the highest earner at the club? When he went there! I thought it made sense having his experience there. I had no idea he would be on so much. Bizarre. 

Cos he's a 100% blade and loves the club and would never leave (ignore his spell at Everton) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Owl Rly said:

wow.

lol

By "George" they certainly need to "zip(py)" up that utter shìte defence 😆

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

Cos he's a 100% blade and loves the club and would never leave (ignore his spell at Everton) 

Exactly. He was bought to big up the he's one of our own guff. Good aud Jags only club he'd finish his career with.

On 30/12/2020 at 07:27, CalmJimmers said:

The main problem is is that Wilder obviously cannot spend money well. They've spent North of £100m and they have 2 points going on 4 months into the season - it's insane. Dunno how much Derby spent when they were in the Prem, but cannot imagine it's 9 figures. 

So they go down, back up, then what? Spend another £100m and come down again? It's crazy to me that there seems to be the majority still backing him.

Well, crazy and fantastic from our perspective (minus us being completely and utterly cat meat of course). 

:Chansiri:

Can't see it myself. For a glimpse of their future watch "Sunderland Till I Die" the similarities are there, I mean they even have Jack Rodwell (and doubtless many like him). They are in for a rough ride and long may it continue.