The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

It's funny , but any Owls fan posting on a Utd forum, even to take the mick, is pretty tin pot, obsessive and embarrassing.  That's what we say when they post on here as well.

We can enjoy their awful situation, but remember our clubs a joke as well.

Who has posted on their forum?

24 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

In this year, in such difficult times, we have our problems granted but that pile of crap performing so badly wearing a pig pink kit is a gift from the good Lord above we should never take for granted.

The sky is blue, the clouds are white......

🙏🙏🙏

Yeah, that kit may be the curse. Who ever thought about a pink kit for them and who ever bought one though haha, someone needs to dress a pig up in one haha. It would be like us having a outfield red kit.

11 hours ago, 3mps said:

😂

Screenshot_20201229_234457_com.android.chrome.jpg

So what they're saying is that our 1 man strike force that cost 500k is more efficient than their 2 man strike force that cost £43m? Not sure it's a good idea for them to bring that to our attention. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Nut said:

So what they're saying is that our 1 man strike force that cost 500k is more efficient than their 2 man strike force that cost £43m? Not sure it's a good idea for them to bring that to our attention. 

They are missing that top striker Own Goals who was free and so prolific for them last season..... so they have to rely on VAR the new signing for both their points

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

9D87AF8A-B35C-4FE7-B515-C4DDA1B0E13F.jpeg

This is brilliant. If they finish on exactly 2 or 4 points, we can use this for ever and ever to take the ******** whatever situation either club is in. It would never die or grow old, just like the Boxing Day Massacre. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

As most people I thought they’d have a tougher season this year, but the implosion is quite incredible. Shows how important momentum is in football.

12 months ago I wouldn’t believe in typing this but I really hope wilder stays. The fact a lot of their fans still want him is bizarre, totally blinded by sentimentality. Long may it continue. 

What I don't get, not watched much if them TBF, is that they seem to be playing the same way every week, just swapping a couple of players. If that hasn't worked for 20+ games, why will it work now, they don't seem to change anything. What is that definition of insanity... doing the same thing and expecting different results

I think it shows that their managerial genius is actually a one trick pony with a trick that has a shelf- life that has expired

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, boxing_day said:

As most people I thought they’d have a tougher season this year, but the implosion is quite incredible. Shows how important momentum is in football.

12 months ago I wouldn’t believe in typing this but I really hope wilder stays. The fact a lot of their fans still want him is bizarre, totally blinded by sentimentality. Long may it continue. 

I see the fans argument to an extent. Wilder is their best bet of coming back up next season. But, will he get the same kind of squad together that he did last time? It has to be said he did an excellent job going from L1 to PL with the club, but they seem to think he’ll do it again no problem. 

Also. What’s the point? If Wilder has proved he’s not a PL manager why stick with him if their ambition is to be a PL team?

• Like 2

Can he really be their best bet of getting back up if they go down with such a losing culture embedded within that coaching staff and group of players? 

Yes, the Championship is a poorer division, but I'm not sure it's one you want to be going into with what looks like it will be a pretty wretched record.

I get the loyalty to him from Dem Blades given his achievements, but you're almost entering the territory of one man being bigger than the club at this rate.

I don't see why he should be showered with praise when things go well, but then be almost shielded from criticism and questions over his future when they are in such wretched form.

Plus, can someone explain to me why the local media aren't questioning the guy's future, calling him out on the wasted money.

If this was Wednesday, they'd be all over it like a rash. Carlos, Jos, Monk all had pointed questions put to them over their future when things started (or always were) to go wrong.

• Like 8

I know it's a cliche and they probably are impartial but radio Sheffield seem to give the pigs managers an easier ride. They seem to report on them in a more positive way. I said when prince charmin shut the hotel and made folk redundant that if DC had done it it'd be big news. For some reason owt they do wrong is swept under the carpet. Saudi human rights record anyone? Bin laden family money? 

Last time I can remember a pig manager getting a grilling was Blackwell. What do you want me to say seth? Maybe that's why they don't do it, scared of the repercussions. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I see the fans argument to an extent. Wilder is their best bet of coming back up next season. But, will he get the same kind of squad together that he did last time? It has to be said he did an excellent job going from L1 to PL with the club, but they seem to think he’ll do it again no problem. 

Also. What’s the point? If Wilder has proved he’s not a PL manager why stick with him if their ambition is to be a PL team?

I reckon a few of the new player's agents will working overtime to find them new clubs if they don't fancy life in the championship. 

18 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Can he really be their best bet of getting back up if they go down with such a losing culture embedded within that coaching staff and group of players? 

Yes, the Championship is a poorer division, but I'm not sure it's one you want to be going into with what looks like it will be a pretty wretched record.

I get the loyalty to him from Dem Blades given his achievements, but you're almost entering the territory of one man being bigger than the club at this rate.

I don't see why he should be showered with praise when things go well, but then be almost shielded from criticism and questions over his future when they are in such wretched form.

All part of the Wilder myth. Listening to a report on the radio last night and they were discussing what had gone wrong?  They've not spent a lot of money in the summer was one theory when in fact £135million isn't exactly small change.

8 minutes ago, darra said:

All part of the Wilder myth. Listening to a report on the radio last night and they were discussing what had gone wrong?  They've not spent a lot of money in the summer was one theory when in fact £135million isn't exactly small change.

They'd be way better off had they spent £80m on Henderson and not bothered with the rest. 

• Like 1