4 4 2 Magazine Predicts...

15 minutes ago, malek said:

I'm hopeful that curent situation might create certain team spirit and "do or die trying" mentality from everyone at the club. Sometimes situation like this bring out the best out of players. 

The pressure is off, we are expected to finish bottom by everyone - hopefully this squad will just go and perform and start chipping away at that deduction and prove many wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

We will be 24 of 24 according to them. Time to prove them wrong and turn the form book upside down.

Good, I'll glad take the underdog prediction going into a season with -12 baggage compared to the rest of the competition. We've got enough burden with those points, we don't need expectations of being high flying when we know it will be a hard fight to stay up. Anything after securing the place is a big bonus!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We were slaughtered for most of the second half of last season, have jordan rhodes as our only striker, goalies that dont stop shots, and are starting on -12.  As has been said, if someone offered me 4th bottom now I would take it every day of the week.

There is a good chance we will never get  out of the bottom 3 next season.

Wow thats the stuff to give the troops--- Good job I bought an antique  bleeding bowl and a fleem, and also got some leeches ready . ( Hate making a mess when I slit my wrists.

We've got an unbalanced squad at present although that might change. Teams that get relegated are either skint most of the time or in total disarray for one reason or another. We aren't actually skint although we can't spend what we want and it will be down to DC and Monk whether we are in disarray.

We have some good players so it will depend on how we come together as a team in adversity. If we can instill a fighting, backs against the wall attitude in the the squad, us against them, everyone hates us so let's show them mentality there's no reason to think we can't stay up. The question is, can we get that attitude going. I think we can, if we can't we really don't deserve to stay up. A couple of good results early will be important.

3 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

We will be 24 of 24 according to them. Time to prove them wrong and turn the form book upside down.

Weren't we predicted to finish 24 last season by Sky Sports.

Look we are starting 12 points behind everyone with a weaker team and squad that we have last year, we concede too many soft goals and cannot score enough the other end.

You would be mad not to say we are going to finish last.

What needs to happen with Monk and the team though is they fight from the off, scrap for ever point, first aim getting positive and then see how many teams they can catch, this season is not about promotion, it is not about the play off, it is about staying in the league.

If we get to 5 games to go with nothing to play for, then I will be happy as we will be safe and able to rebuild in the summer. What we need from the chairman is for him to get someone in who knows what he is doing running the club, as we cannot put the team any further behind and should we get any more points taken off it would be the final nail in coffin for the team and probably the club.

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight at Forest, we shall fight on the Swanseas and Oakwells, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our 18 yard box, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on Bournemouth beaches, we shall fight on the all away grounds, we shall fight in Huddersfield and all we meet , we shall fight in Hillsborough; we shall never surrender,

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

I've seen predictions and people have us on 38 points at the end of the season so just because we are on -12 we are only going to get 50 points? Deluded 

Why is it deluded? We only got 56 points last season and we had players capable of scoring goals then and didn't have the added pressure of trying to crawl back 12 points on the other 23 teams in the division.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Weren't we predicted to finish 24 last season by Sky Sports.

Look we are starting 12 points behind everyone with a weaker team and squad that we have last year, we concede too many soft goals and cannot score enough the other end.

You would be mad not to say we are going to finish last.

What needs to happen with Monk and the team though is they fight from the off, scrap for ever point, first aim getting positive and then see how many teams they can catch, this season is not about promotion, it is not about the play off, it is about staying in the league.

If we get to 5 games to go with nothing to play for, then I will be happy as we will be safe and able to rebuild in the summer. What we need from the chairman is for him to get someone in who knows what he is doing running the club, as we cannot put the team any further behind and should we get any more points taken off it would be the final nail in coffin for the team and probably the club.

I wouldn't say it's a weaker team!  

Forestieri had one good season. 

Fox was steady but think people got carried away cus he was so awful before. Fletcher was good  but constantly breaking down. Lee has been an amazing player for us probably best player since Premier league days  but only could do it in parts when he came back.  And the there is Nuihu who acording to a lot of people  was at fault for everything wrong at Wednesday! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Do they also predict the winner of the Grand national, the Lottery, Wimbledon, the Boat race too?.

46 games to play, who knows what is going to happen.

10 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

I wouldn't say it's a weaker team!  

Forestieri had one good season. 

Fox was steady but think people got carried away cus he was so awful before. Fletcher was good  but constantly breaking down. Lee has been an amazing player for us probably best player since Premier league days  but only could do it in parts when he came back.  And the there is Nuihu who acording to a lot of people  was at fault for everything wrong at Wednesday! 

Ok mate We have lost Fessi, Fletcher, Hutch, Westwood and replaced them with Dawson, Rhodes and Pelupessy.

I think give any manager in football a choice of last season squad or this season squad I think 99% of them would pick last seasons. We were a top 3 squad at Christmas it was only when Monk started working his magic and the off the field issues that we plummet down the league.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Ok mate We have lost Fessi, Fletcher, Hutch, Westwood and replaced them with Dawson, Rhodes and Pelupessy.

I think give any manager in football a choice of last season squad or this season squad I think 99% of them would pick last seasons. We were a top 3 squad at Christmas it was only when Monk started working his magic and the off the field issues that we plummet down the league.

So you know what happened with monk, Hutchinson & Westwood?? 🤔 And  I say that Brown, Dunkley and lad from man City are a big step forward. Plus if Kachunga is played up front and  re capture that form at Huddersfield then he will do for me. Side has a lot more pace to it instead of the slow aging players  from last few seasons  living on reputation. 

• Like 2