4 4 2 Magazine Predicts...

30 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Shame he has been ruled out of the start of the season this weekend then as he is still not back to fitness despite being 'potted up' 7 months ago.

So you would play him in a game that doesn't really matter?  If he misses a couple of games but then goes on to be our best defender  it's still a bad signing? 

5 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

So you would play him in a game that doesn't really matter?  If he misses a couple of games but then goes on to be our best defender  it's still a bad signing? 

He's not playing due to not risking him, he is not fit yet, not in full training so unlikely to be in a position to start when the league kicks off. You said his fitness shouldn't be an issue as it doesn't take long to recover from a broken leg, which he broke 7 months ago.

Also, not sure a televised League Cup game against a 4th division side doesn't really matter. Wouldn't be great for confidence if we got beat.

Guest Grandad

3 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

I can't find evidence for this, but every year I get disappointed by Four Four Two's prediction for us. I reckon they've got a Blade on their panel or something.

They predicted us to finish 10th last season (we finished 16th)

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/predicted-fourfourtwos-201920-championship-table

They predicted us to finish 3rd in 2017/18 (we finished 15th)

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/predicted-how-championship-table-will-finish-201718

They predicted us to finish 4th in 2016/17

This is their predicted table:

1 Newcastle United
2 Derby County
--------------
3 Norwich City
4 Sheffield Wednesday
5 Brighton & Hove Albion
6 Birmingham City
---------------

We finished 4th

Edited by Grandad

8 minutes ago, Grandad said:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/predicted-fourfourtwos-201920-championship-table

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/predicted-how-championship-table-will-finish-201718

1 Newcastle United
2 Derby County
--------------
3 Norwich City
4 Sheffield Wednesday
5 Brighton & Hove Albion
6 Birmingham City
---------------

We finished 4th

So pretty much the opposite of the conspiracy theory that their predictions for us are done by a blade then.

Looking on the bright side, judging by this our season often turns out to be worse than 4-4-2 predict for us, at least that can't happen this time! 

:bullen: 

18 minutes ago, Grandad said:

1 Newcastle United
2 Derby County
--------------
3 Norwich City
4 Sheffield Wednesday
5 Brighton & Hove Albion
6 Birmingham City
---------------

We finished 4th

So we have finished lower or that place in their last 4 predictions great we are going to end up in 31st this season. :bullen:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He's not playing due to not risking him, he is not fit yet, not in full training so unlikely to be in a position to start when the league kicks off. You said his fitness shouldn't be an issue as it doesn't take long to recover from a broken leg, which he broke 7 months ago.

Also, not sure a televised League Cup game against a 4th division side doesn't really matter. Wouldn't be great for confidence if we got beat.

Because we got bigger things on our minds.  And from the videos Dunkley is taking part in contact training. 

1 minute ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Because we got bigger things on our minds.  And from the videos Dunkley is taking part in contact training. 

He is doing some training, not full training. I suggest you read or listen to what Monk said rather than looking at pictures. 

You think we wont get a confidence knock if we lose to Walsall?

29 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

I thought monk wasn't worth listening to? 

Where have I said that? 

Besides which, this is a factual statement about a players fitness. 

You keep looking at pictures mate, let me know when you are ready to progress to an understanding of words.

32 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Or a hat full of injuries?? 

OK, just disregard the cup and with the lack of pre-season games this season lets go into the first league game without giving our new players any chance to play together, its not as if we have a greater need than ever to hit the ground running is it........ 

49 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Given everything going on at the moment with coronavirus, no fans in stadiums, extended transfer window, clubs' finances badly affected etc, etc, I think it's nigh on impossible to predict what will happen in the championship.

It probably is more difficult to predict this season but it doesn't stop people, fans, magazines, websites, bookies etc having a stab at

it. It isn't hard to see why a team starting the season on minus 12 points, having lost their 3 top goal scorers from the previous season, in which they finished the campaign with 4 wins from 23 games, have been widely predicted to struggle.