4 4 2 Magazine Predicts...

10 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

So you know what happened with monk, Hutchinson & Westwood?? 🤔 And  I say that Brown, Dunkley and lad from man City are a big step forward. Plus if Kachunga is played up front and  re capture that form at Huddersfield then he will do for me. Side has a lot more pace to it instead of the slow aging players  from last few seasons  living on reputation. 

You have your opinion I have mine we have signed a lot of players that have a point to prove but equal Dunkley., Windass and Brown have not great injury records, Dele Bashiru has never played a first team game and Kachunga has scored just 3 goals in 2 season. His record at Huddersfield after the first season on loan was 4 goals in 75 games not exactly prolific.

There is this thing in football about pace, we have had pacing players in the past with little or no ability, or we have had players such as JJ, very quick but turned up once in 7 or 8 games. Give me a Chris Waddle/John Sheridan/Chris Brunt slow player but with great ability any day over someone with pace. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Kachunga has scored just 3 goals in 2 season. His record at Huddersfield after the first season on loan was 4 goals in 75 games not exactly prolific.

As a winger.  And not sure Windass has a bad injury record?   And dunkley broke his leg  which is nothing these days he only plotted up for 3 weeks not like it is ligaments. 

I think the first five games is key.

If we can get 8 points are more from those games it will give us a foot hold on the season and I would fancy our chances of stopping up.

If we start slowly then it is likely players and fans will lose heart quickly.
Its a pity no fans are allowed in as I reckon the atmosphere would be quite good if the team show good effort and organisation.

But under the present circumstances they is much more scope for things to go badly then well this season.

If sticking my head on the line would predict relegation.

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

We were slaughtered for most of the second half of last season, have jordan rhodes as our only striker, goalies that dont stop shots, and are starting on -12.  As has been said, if someone offered me 4th bottom now I would take it every day of the week.

There is a good chance we will never get  out of the bottom 3 next season.

We essentially need to win the first 4 games in a row.

could happen, players do step up occasionally... but..

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

So you know what happened with monk, Hutchinson & Westwood?? 🤔 And  I say that Brown, Dunkley and lad from man City are a big step forward. Plus if Kachunga is played up front and  re capture that form at Huddersfield then he will do for me. Side has a lot more pace to it instead of the slow aging players  from last few seasons  living on reputation. 

There’s second choice full backs in this league who are more prolific than Kachunga.

1 hour ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

As a winger.  And not sure Windass has a bad injury record?   And dunkley broke his leg  which is nothing these days he only plotted up for 3 weeks not like it is ligaments. 

Dunkley only play 20 games last season he spent the rest of the time injured to miss more than half the games for me seem a fairly bad injury not 3 weeks off and it would appear he won't be playing against Walsall because he is currently recovering from being injured.

From the star today

'Dunkley hasn’t played since suffering a double leg break while at Wigan Athletic back in February'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Shame he has been ruled out of the start of the season this weekend then as he is still not back to fitness despite being 'potted up' 7 months ago.

33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Dunkley only play 20 games last season he spent the rest of the time injured to miss more than half the games for me seem a fairly bad injury not 3 weeks off and it would appear he won't be playing against Walsall because he is currently recovering from being injured.

From the star today

'Dunkley hasn’t played since suffering a double leg break while at Wigan Athletic back in February'. 

Who said  3 weeks off?  And a double fracture will make u miss that amount of games but when a clean break is heald its stronger than before so its not like a ligament injury  where it can never  be the same again. These freak injuries can happen doesn't mean he's injury prone. And I hope he doesn't play tomorrow. As it's a competition we could do without in cercumstances. Only thing at will be used for is a warm up for next week

• Haha 1