4 4 2 Magazine Predicts...

Guest Grandad
8 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I don’t think we’ll finish bottom but I do think we’ll get relegated.

I'll just be delighted to finish the season with our points not preceded by a minus sign

19 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'll just be delighted to finish the season with our points not preceded by a minus sign

I honestly think, given the points deduction and the squad Monk has to work with, if we finish 4th from bottom it’ll be an amazing achievement.

7 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

The thing is Tom, it's Monk who seals our fate.

The team, under an old-school British manager, could stay up.

Like when Colin kept the Millers up.

The points deduction might even be reduced.

But with Monk in charge we've no chance.

He doesn't have the fire or the aggression, let alone the experience, to pull it off.

Absolute rubbish. Shows that people will spout anything rather than give someone a chance. How does he not have the experience? How many more managers do you know that have kept a team in this division despite a points deduction?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

We'll see. I think Monk deserves some credit for dealing with some of the things he's had to. He's had experience of dealing with a points deduction before, lets not underestimate that. This squad should stay up, that's the aim.

Now this last bit, you state that like it's fact. It isn't, it's your opinion. I'd suggest if he didn't have the fire or aggression for it he wouldn't be here. He'd have walked.

That's fair comment, because it is my opinion.

But let's not forget that we didn't know that the points would be deducted this coming season.

For all we knew, every point was vital last season.

In spite of that, points were cast away willy-nilly - not least to Colin's 'Boro.

Monk's sticking it out because it's his last chance, and managers never walk unless they've another job to go to.

7 hours ago, 83owl said:

Absolute rubbish. Shows that people will spout anything rather than give someone a chance. How does he not have the experience? How many more managers do you know that have kept a team in this division despite a points deduction?

I was comparing his experience to that of, say, Colin.

The reason being that I was comparing our predicament to that of Rotherham a few seasons ago.

Had we the team of 3-4 years ago, in spite of the points millstone Monk would probably keep us up.

But with this team, the points penalty AND Monk, staying up is too much to ask IMO.

• Like 1

All I know is that if you don't score goals you don't win matches and it's hard to see where the goals are coming from. On -12, we have to win more than usual, so it's hard to be optimistic.

8 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

That's fair comment, because it is my opinion.

But let's not forget that we didn't know that the points would be deducted this coming season.

For all we knew, every point was vital last season.

In spite of that, points were cast away willy-nilly - not least to Colin's 'Boro.

Monk's sticking it out because it's his last chance, and managers never walk unless they've another job to go to.

I think it would have been a fair estimation to suggest they weren't going to be deducted in 19/20. It'd cause too many issues for the EFL. Whether that is right or wrong is another debate. Of course that is just my take on it.

I fully agree points were chucked away too easily but I don't put that all down to Monk. Some players have to take responsibility for that as well. You can only do so much as a manager sometimes. Like today, Monk isn't telling his players to not be calm on the ball or not to make a run or not to cross the ball.