4 4 2 Magazine Predicts...

14 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Well if you are reading star your better off looking at pictures 🤣

You might be right on that, if you have the patience to wait for the pictures to upload underneath the ads on that site. I read Monk's quotes about Dunkley on the official club website.

5 minutes ago, Django said:

Even with a 20 point deduction I’d still fancy us to finish above Wycombe, Rotherham and Barnsley 

Time for everyone to stop with the negativity and see what the lads can do

We’ll finish 20pts above Wensdeh this season. You’re an absolute shambles. 

13 hours ago, malek said:

I'm hopeful that curent situation might create certain team spirit and "do or die trying" mentality from everyone at the club. Sometimes situation like this bring out the best out of players. 

You’d like to think so.

Really, any manager should be using our circumstances, the media predictions etc etc as a motivator to galvanise the team. Them against us and all that!!! 

You have to ask yourself,

Despite everything that’s happened, the bad decisions at the top, poor recruitment, literally, mistakes here there and everywhere.....  

If we can’t rally as a club, team, fan base around our current plight then the rot is seriously deep rooted.

57 minutes ago, Morepork said:

You’d like to think so.

Really, any manager should be using our circumstances, the media predictions etc etc as a motivator to galvanise the team. Them against us and all that!!! 

You have to ask yourself,

Despite everything that’s happened, the bad decisions at the top, poor recruitment, literally, mistakes here there and everywhere.....  

If we can’t rally as a club, team, fan base around our current plight then the rot is seriously deep rooted.

Colin or any of those old-style British managers would keep us up.

But there's no chance with Monk.

He doesn't have the fire or the experience.

We're dead men walking.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Colin or any of those old-style British managers would keep us up.

But there's no chance with Monk.

He doesn't have the fire or the experience.

We're dead men walking.

It’s a massive gamble from DC, something we know he’s prone to. If we are looking like relegation certainties after 10 games or by Christmas the decision to keep Monk will look almost unforgivable.

I totally agree there are managers that would be way more likely to keep us up.

7 hours ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Given everything going on at the moment with coronavirus, no fans in stadiums, extended transfer window, clubs' finances badly affected etc, etc, I think it's nigh on impossible to predict what will happen in the championship.

yep, i reckon one small,unfancied club will go up and a heavyweight will go down and loads of predictions will be miles off.

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

It’s a massive gamble from DC, something we know he’s prone to. If we are looking like relegation certainties after 10 games or by Christmas the decision to keep Monk will look almost unforgivable.

I totally agree there are managers that would be way more likely to keep us up.

I think it's the decision to keep Monk which has really poleaxed me, MP.

Prior to that I felt fairly optimistic.

We knew that many players would leave, and we knew that there was a points deduction looming, but retaining the Pale One looks a near-suicidal decision.

3 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

We’ll finish 20pts above Wensdeh this season. You’re an absolute shambles. 

I wouldn't be so supremely confident, many a team have had a very good second half of a season to stay up then go back to being absolute dogger again at the start of the next one.

36 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

*Shock horror gasp*

They said that last year as well didn't they?

The thing is Tom, it's Monk who seals our fate.

The team, under an old-school British manager, could stay up.

Like when Colin kept the Millers up.

The points deduction might even be reduced.

But with Monk in charge we've no chance.

He doesn't have the fire or the aggression, let alone the experience, to pull it off.

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

The thing is Tom, it's Monk who seals our fate.

The team, under an old-school British manager, could stay up.

Like when Colin kept the Millers up.

The points deduction might even be reduced.

But with Monk in charge we've no chance.

He doesn't have the fire or the aggression, let alone the experience, to pull it off.

We'll see. I think Monk deserves some credit for dealing with some of the things he's had to. He's had experience of dealing with a points deduction before, lets not underestimate that. This squad should stay up, that's the aim.

Now this last bit, you state that like it's fact. It isn't, it's your opinion. I'd suggest if he didn't have the fire or aggression for it he wouldn't be here. He'd have walked.