BIG NEWS

Guest Grandad

3 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

An attacking midfielder that's scored 1 goal in the last 3 seasons in all comps :duntmatter:

What an awful summer this is turning out to be.

No player created more chances per minute in the championship last season. Stop being negative. 

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Ever watched Unbreakable?

Izzy Brown is in it.....he isn’t the Bruce Willis character.

Got to feel desperately sorry for him with such a dreadful injury history, but haven’t we learned our lesson?

Better to buy one expensive quality fit player on £30k per week than 3 cheap but high-risk injury-prone players on £10k per week.

it does seem we are still taking risks with the signings of Dunkley and now Brown. Both sound good  players but both seem to have suffered bad injuries. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

it does seem we are still taking risks with the signings of Dunkley and now Brown. Both sounds good players but both seem to have suffered bad injuries. 

Tbf I read into Dunkleys injury and it was a routine leg break where he was out of his cast after a few weeks. I reckon he'll be fine. Not sure about what Brown has had in the past. 

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Tbf I read into Dunkleys injury and it was a routine leg break where he was out of his cast after a few weeks. I reckon he'll be fine. Not sure about what Brown has had in the past. 

For us to sign him, he must be broken somewhere lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

I know we are incompetent but why would you announce big news before he’d passed a medical??

Indeed - but medical should be important, as the Chelsea Chronicle does make the point...

He is a versatile attacker that can play anywhere across the frontline, but usually operates in the number 10 role behind the striker and has plenty of creativity.

The technician managed eight assists in 28 games across all competitions last season for Luton Town, but it was an injury-hit campaign for him and unfortunately that’s been the story of so many of his loans in the past.

7 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

been reading a few articles about him and has suffered acl and Achilles injuries. 

3 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

Indeed - but medical should be important, as the Chelsea Chronicle does make the point...

He is a versatile attacker that can play anywhere across the frontline, but usually operates in the number 10 role behind the striker and has plenty of creativity.

The technician managed eight assists in 28 games across all competitions last season for Luton Town, but it was an injury-hit campaign for him and unfortunately that’s been the story of so many of his loans in the past.

That's why he's available to come to us and not a premier league club. 

We've a decent set up now under Strudwick, getting him in nice and early should help with his conditioning for the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko1992 said:

No player created more chances per minute in the championship last season. Stop being negative. 

Aye, that would be brilliant ............................................... if we had someone who can convert them on a regular basis.

WTF:

11 hours ago, cowl said:

I wouldn't characterise him in that way at all, although he was excellent in the 2nd leg against us.

I'll be very pleased with this signing anyway, albeit on loan. If we're going with the 3-5-2 for next, then he'll be a very useful addition indeed.

You've seen Barry Bannan right?

Just not bothered...

Seems as though he’s a good player by all accounts, but his injury record is an obvious concern. 

Pleasantly surprised that we’ve apparently  beaten off clubs such as Forest and Bournemouth for his signature.

Let’s hope we can get this deal over the line in the next day or so, provided he passes the medical of course.