BIG NEWS

Guest Grandad

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Haven’t read every page but I haven’t seen anyone criticising the signing because of his quality, but some, like me, questioning the logic given his horrendous injury history.

Yes he’s cheap because of it, but a cheap player on the treatment table is a false economy. Would we bring Hooper back? Brown’s history is worse.

No there’s a few questioning his quality too which to me is crazy. Saying over rated, questioning his goal scoring stats and a few more.

Here’s his injury history. 1 shocker of an injury that can end some careers, but he’s come back from that and had one lay off since. The rest are pretty much knocks.

1 horrific injury aside I don’t actuslly see him as injury prone. It could lead to more injuries in the future though, I’ll give you that.

89CD66D2-3D06-41D1-8F75-61CF1D14FD66.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Then again with clueless monk we'll probably have Brown and LWB and Rhodes as an Attacking Midfielder.

Brown is potentially a decent signing, but yeah not really seeing how he fits into a 5-3-2 with wingbacks?! Where does he play in this system as I had him pegged as an Attacking Midfielder, another square-peg-in-round-hole winger cum wingback? Wouldn't we be better off signing you know, a recognised wingback in that case?

Might as well play Rhodes there as he's not much cop up top...false nine all season to look forward to it seems seeing as there's been zero movement on strikers so far!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marc_Degryse said:

Brown is potentially a decent signing, but yeah not really seeing how he fits into a 5-3-2 with wingbacks?! Where does he play in this system as I had him pegged as an Attacking Midfielder, another square-peg-in-round-hole winger cum wingback? Wouldn't we be better off signing you know, a recognised wingback in that case?

Might as well play Rhodes there as he's not much cop up top...false nine all season to look forward to it seems seeing as there's been zero movement on strikers so far!

Not sure we'll be playing 5-3-2 anyway, don't think GM played that formation at previous clubs.

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

No there’s a few questioning his quality too which to me is crazy. Saying over rated, questioning his goal scoring stats and a few more.

Here’s his injury history. 1 shocker of an injury that can end some careers, but he’s come back from that and had one lay off since. The rest are pretty much knocks.

1 horrific injury aside I don’t actuslly see him as injury prone. It could lead to more injuries in the future though, I’ll give you that.

Al in a days work for our medical department. 

2 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

Going on that he's had them all, so we should be alright.

Forty games out of him.

45 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Not sure we'll be playing 5-3-2 anyway, don't think GM played that formation at previous clubs.

Me neither, but as long as we have a three in midfield, I’d imagine he’d be the one on the right, with Bannan on the left. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Fake news more like. 😂

They never said what the big news was, it may have been that the EFL haven't filed an appeal, or that Izzy Brown failed a medical. Stay tuned! 

lol

Why has the system used by Monk since the lockdown morphed from 3-4-1-2 to 5-3-2 on here?  Bizarre...

Brown will be a great addition playing the one, however at the moment it looks like Fred and Joe off the North playing up front.

1 minute ago, Daizan10 said:

FFS. We cant even make a decent signing without 24 hours of no-one knowing what the hell is going on. Soooo Typical; I mean, just don't mention the big news. Just be quiet and then tell us if it happens. 

The club didn't

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

FFS. We cant even make a decent signing without 24 hours of no-one knowing what the hell is going on. Soooo Typical; I mean, just don't mention the big news. Just be quiet and then tell us if it happens. 

When did 'we' buy The Star?

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Me neither, but as long as we have a three in midfield, I’d imagine he’d be the one on the right, with Bannan on the left. 

As Brown in CM? I could be wrong here as I sadly haven't been following the ins and outs of the playing positions at Luton last season (riveting as that may be), but I don't think Brown can play CM. Or at least it's not his ideal position?

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Why has the system used by Monk since the lockdown morphed from 3-4-1-2 to 5-3-2 on here?  Bizarre...

Brown will be a great addition playing the one, however at the moment it looks like Fred and Joe off the North playing up front.

OK then let's simplify this then...three at the back, a WB either side, two up front, and three in MF.

Who are you suggesting has been playing 'in the hole' then at the back end of last season?

2 minutes ago, Marc_Degryse said:

OK then let's simplify this then...three at the back, a WB either side, two up front, and three in MF.

Who are you suggesting has been playing 'in the hole' then at the back end of last season?

Yeah, that didn't happen. We had two Box 2 box mids who linked mid and att, but they didn't play no 10. 

Edited by Daizan10