BIG NEWS

Guest Grandad

8 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

Had the best ‘chance creation, per minute’ ratio in the championship last year

created a chance every 28mins 

Hopefully we can knock that out of him pretty quickly and get him to revert to turning back and looking for a negative pass back to the defenders.... 😉

• Haha 3

Ever watched Unbreakable?

Izzy Brown is in it.....he isn’t the Bruce Willis character.

Got to feel desperately sorry for him with such a dreadful injury history, but haven’t we learned our lesson?

Better to buy one expensive quality fit player on £30k per week than 3 cheap but high-risk injury-prone players on £10k per week.

18 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Ever watched Unbreakable?

Izzy Brown is in it.....he isn’t the Bruce Willis character.

Got to feel desperately sorry for him with such a dreadful injury history, but haven’t we learned our lesson?

Better to buy one expensive quality fit player on £30k per week than 3 cheap but high-risk injury-prone players on £10k per week.

Like Abdi you mean? 

I do get what you’re saying but even players with impeccable history can have nightmare injuries. Before we broke Lee he’d play every minute of every game and run more than anyone, before Abdi was injured he was a mainstay in premiership. 

You’d hope that if we are loaning someone with questionable history we’d have something in there to say if injured no pay? 

That said, if Brown had no injury history would he be coming here, Luton etc? He’d likely be out of reach? 

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I feel quite encouraged by the business we’ve done so far.

Brown is the only one I know - and I think he’s a good player - but one once our recruitment seems planned and thoughtful 

Yes I agree, it’s actually targeted, although because we need so much, it’s actually hard not to be

Guest Grandad

I feel quite positive about this one. 

I watched him a fair bit when he was at Rotherham and unless he's lost his way he was great there. 

We've been crying out for pace and he has plenty

When he was at Huddersfield, I thought he looked a very good young player. To be fair, I haven’t seen much of him since. 

He’s definitely a number 10 behind a striker. Probably suited to a 4-2-3-1 formation. 

Looked like a good link player, lots of tricks, could run with the ball and he was hard to knock off the ball due to his physique. 

I’d rather loan a player with a bit of an injury record than sign them permanently. He’s still played a good number of games for each club over the past 5 season and looked quality when he’s played. He can only be a positive signing.

What we’ve often struggled with the last couple of seasons (with Bannan sitting deeper and Lee being injured) is a player to bridge the gap between the midfield and strikers. This is that sort of player and his creativity stats are very good.

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes I agree, it’s actually targeted, although because we need so much, it’s actually hard not to be

I think he’s a good player. Certainly looked the part at Huddersfield but that was a while ago. One question - do you think he’s suited to the 3-5-2 formation which seems the way Monk is going to go this season? 

My observations of Izzy is that he’s a number 10 - a link player between midfield and the central striker. 

9 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think he’s a good player. Certainly looked the part at Huddersfield but that was a while ago. One question - do you think he’s suited to the 3-5-2 formation which seems the way Monk is going to go this season? 

My observations of Izzy is that he’s a number 10 - a link player between midfield and the central striker. 

I’m not sure I see him as a number 10, he seems more like the right of a middle three, but narrow. In fact, we should use Bannan in a similar way, on the left of a middle three. We just require the central sitting midfielder now, unless FDB is that type, I don’t know. We can’t get away with a 10 in a formation that plays with two ahead, a 10 would have to be one of the two, if you see what I mean. Although I’m not keen, Windass might give us that option, but then you’d be looking at your lone striker to be pretty potent. Somebody like Abrahams, when he was in the Championship

Edited by gurujuan

Guest Grandad

Downloaded Football Manager before a flight to US a couple of years ago. 

I won promotion with Wednesday in my first season using a 3-4-1-2 formation

Brown fits perfectly as the 1 in that. So I'm sold

Luongo and Bannan as the central 2 and that's a great triangle with creativity right where we need it, if we can get Harris and Reach back to form down the flanks we could create some great chances for whoever the front 2 will be