BIG NEWS

Guest Grandad

For the few that are criticising the signing (minority I’ll give you that). Have you seen him play on a regular basis?

He’s top class, a huge part of what we’ve been missing for years. Turn and drive st their defence, play the hall forward. Little intelligent passes high up the pitch and very creative. 

Very happy if we get him.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

For the few that are criticising the signing (minority I’ll give you that). Have you seen him play on a regular basis?

To be fair - I don't think anybody has seen him play on a regular basis in the last 3 seasons.  :ph34r:

Even fans at clubs hes been on loan at

13 hours ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Him and Windass are similar players. Wonder if this is the cheaper option? 

Are they? I'd got the impression watching them both that Izzy brown was a hell of a lot better than Josh Windass, no offense to Josh. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Are they? I'd got the impression watching them both that Izzy brown was a hell of a lot better than Josh Windass, no offense to Josh. 

It may be. A loan is usually much Chatham a permanent transfer 

Guest hirstysfags
5 minutes ago, robswfc said:

Why do people insist on forcing comparisons between players of similar skin colour?

I didn't, you did.

13 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

He was the reason Huddersfield got over the line the season they went up.  Hampered with a bad injury after that that spoiled 2 seasons but seemed to have a solid year with Luton last year.  Players like this in the Chelsea set up baffle me though.  He's a million miles away from every being good enough for Chelsea, why do they hang on to them and just loan them out?  Flog them and make some money.

This is an interesting one in that he has 12 months left on his contract. Very UN Chelsea like to send him on a 12 month loan without an extension to this first. I would expect should this deal goes through today that one of two things happen, A he signs a new Chelsea contract or B we have a option to sign him in January. Personally i think this is the kind of signing we need. He has experience. He has had a good coaching pedigree and he needs to find a home and play. If we can get him in perm we stand to make money off him or progress him so he can help us achieve promotion in the future.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Similar positions, similar stats. 

11 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I still think we could revert back to 4231 which would allow Brown Harris and Reach to focus on the attacking. We just need a striker who can play up front on his own. 

This is the way i think we will go. Has plenty of CM players (although a lack of DM player is worrying... i still think he may us van Aken in that role) and is looking at bringing in a winger so a 4231 looks likely to me. 2 strikers and 1 winger would suggest this.

Then again with clueless monk we'll probably have Brown and LWB and Rhodes as an Attacking Midfielder.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

He’s top class, a huge part of what we’ve been missing for years. Turn and drive st their defence, play the hall forward. Little intelligent passes high up the pitch and very creative. 

Very happy if we get him.

Haven’t read every page but I haven’t seen anyone criticising the signing because of his quality, but some, like me, questioning the logic given his horrendous injury history.

Yes he’s cheap because of it, but a cheap player on the treatment table is a false economy. Would we bring Hooper back? Brown’s history is worse.

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Haven’t read every page but I haven’t seen anyone criticising the signing because of his quality, but some, like me, questioning the logic given his horrendous injury history.

Yes he’s cheap because of it, but a cheap player on the treatment table is a false economy. Would we bring Hooper back? Brown’s history is worse.

Yes it's a concern but so is stepping out of the door these days. Every sports player is injury prone I was happy with Sam H's input despite his injury history. A better example would be the acquisition of Jimmy Seed written off by Spurs but fought off almost certain relegation and went on to two L1 Championships. I'd be happy with north of 23 appearances.  

27 minutes ago, JackSWFC said:

Club never said breaking news coming, it was just a twitter account.

Oh, just noticed that, first time I saw looked like the official twitter account... cheers!

All rubbish gossip then :duntmatter:

Probably just Kachunga coming in...lol

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

To be fair - I don't think anybody has seen him play on a regular basis in the last 3 seasons.  :ph34r:

Even fans at clubs hes been on loan at

He played plenty last season.

I’ve been wanting us to sign him for a long time. Oozes quality and when he does play I’m sure most will see that.