Garry Monk Post Match Comments

Just now, @owlstalk said:

"Structurally it's fine but in those critical moments you've got to win your individual battles. It's more about what's up here than physically."

The daunting task of playing at Hillsborough playing on the fragile minds of our players again?

3 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Rinse and repeat.

Im loathe to blame Monk though. How do professional players keep making the mistakes time and time again?

because they are above the level they should be playing at.

• Like 1

Fundamental and concentration / concentrate mentioned over and over again... Every week.... Comes out with a comment then just repeats those buzz words for the next 3 mins of the interview. Bore off. 

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yeah cos as we're seeing tonight our fans are cool calm and collected innit

lol

It’s a genuine question! If slightly tongue in cheek.

Its a big old ground, especially when it’s empty. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"There is a lot of work to do here but I am determined to get it right."

There is... Away end needs a lick of paint... Get a brush and crack on with it while we get a decent manager in. 

Players fatigued; whilst across the city they press until the last minute striving for a goal. 

Attitude; desire and ambition are mental traits for winners - we lack these and we have physical wrecks.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Connor Wickham and Kieran Lee unavailable tonight due to fatigue, risk of injury a conscious decision in selection

Exactly why they shouldn’t be at the club next season, especially given Wickhams wages.

I just can’t imagine his team talks being very motivating at all. 
He says the same thing over and over again in slightly different ways it must send players to sleep. It’s certainly going to help me drop off later!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

BRING CARLOS BACK

Are you on drugs? He has caused all these problems spent 100 million on signings and wages which quite possibly might mean this club is no more ,if we go down in the currant climate we are done. So yer lets bring back the total clown 

Guest Bulgaria
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"There is a lot of work to do here but I am determined to get it right."

We are all behind you Neil.

6 minutes ago, Animis said:

Players fatigued; whilst across the city they press until the last minute striving for a goal. 

Attitude; desire and ambition are mental traits for winners - we lack these and we have physical wrecks.

Comes from the manager too. Has to galvanise the players. Bruce did for a short period, Carlos did for two seasons. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Did you see the Tom Lees comment it is truly laughable sorry but I can't take Monk serious anymore.

Lees, Reach, Westwood not being picked.

Pelupessy, Harris, Odabajo, Nuihu not good enough.

The man's a complete joke. The tea lady could manage the team better. monks ego will send us down, suck it up and play your best players, we need points not excuses.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Did you see the Tom Lees comment it is truly laughable sorry but I can't take Monk serious anymore.

Lees, Reach, Westwood not being picked.

Pelupessy, Harris, Odabajo, Nuihu not good enough.

The man's a complete joke. The tea lady could manage the team better. monks ego will send us down, suck it up and play your best players, we need points not excuses.

What did he say about Lees?