Garry Monk Post Match Comments

1 hour ago, dykwim said:

I can’t watch interviews with players and managers any more. Same with pundits comments. 

It’s cut and paste - they say the same things over and over again every week. There’s more variety in pre recorded commentary in FIFA ffs. 

And yet some people examine every word forensically as if there's deep meaning to any of it. This is no accident either. They're probably as bored saying it as we are listening to it.

28 minutes ago, dykwim said:

Gary: So Alan, what did you think of that?

Alan: Well Gary, I thought I’d talk gonads for two minutes, pinch a couple of your cheese and onion crisps and get paid another £100k whilst stating the bleeding obvious and playing captain hindsight. 

Gary: Top man, I have to agree. Another crisp?

This perfectly sums up the self-congratulatory shower that makes up 90% of football broadcasting. Learn a few accepted wisdoms and cliches and literally anyone can wing it. That so many who have played the game at the highest level are generously paid for so little insight is pretty depressing really.

• Like 1

Monk said in the interview earlier, 'We just lack the ability to concentrate in those moments towards the end of games'....

Seriously?,  they carved us open numerous times in the first 20 minutes alone.  We could easily have been down a goal or two by the first quarter, and we rode our luck.  

The three at the back doesn't work, leaves us too open, too many times.  And then we scratch our heads and wonder, how we lost the game.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Surely this is his coffin nailed shut. Concentration in last 10 minutes. The first 20 we should have been 3 down. Monk was not concentrating with that answer. 

His formation and tactics from the start was rubbish. Then to stay with it after 3 chances Preston wasted is unbelievable. 

Then to be lucky to be 1 up he still carries on with the same. 

We never looked like winning. I was optimistic hoping for a draw even at 1 up. 

The squad is a decent squad. A good manager could get more out of lesser players. 

Anyone who saying it's not monks fault is fooling themselves. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, hirstys_achilles said:

The squad is a decent squad.

If we made an announcement that every single one of them was available for transfer, how much interest do you think there would be and what kind of income would it generate?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

If we made an announcement that every single one of them was available for transfer, how much interest do you think there would be and what kind of income would it generate?

Anyone could get more points from these players than monk has. 

What's the value got to do with the crap management 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Three at the back is the managers decision. He not been forced into it. Everyone else can see its not working. 

The managers excuses are as bad as his formations and tactical knowledge. 

Time to go 

Oh; so if it's as easy as that would you mind enlightening us how many we should play at the back to ensure success?

I've said it many times on here that we would never know if Monk was any good or not for the simple fact that there are too many ongoing issues through every facet of this club, most out of his control.

Other managers may have achieved a little more with our squad but I refuse to believe any manager would get consistency, fight, belief or any other characteristic required in a successful team out of this shower.

Through naivety and mismanagement DC has presided over the creation of this shambles of a playing squad. I think many of us are at a point where we want/need to see everything cleansed from the club, even our handful of decent players can go for me. 

I see no point in appointing anyone new now, it would be grossly unfair.

Whatever the future holds we can be certain of one thing, if DC remains, so will the chaos and underachievement. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, EXCALIBUR said:

None. When you give pelupussy new contract that shows where we going 

Disgraceful 

There are some worrying indications that the financial position might be worse than feared. And that's before the outcome of the tribunal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

There are some worrying indications that the financial position might be worse than feared. And that's before the outcome of the tribunal.

Oh my god, you mean......

200.gif

3 hours ago, scilly owl said:

I don’t think that it’s a lack of concentration, it’s a lack of quality.

I think it’s a lack of leadership on the pitch in those critical situations. You need players to shout and bark orders at those who need it and I don’t see that in our team at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scilly owl said:

I don’t think that it’s a lack of concentration, it’s a lack of quality.

19 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

I think it’s a lack of leadership on the pitch in those critical situations. You need players to shout and bark orders at those who need it and I don’t see that in our team at all.

It's all these things and more.

Quality is missing but for me some other characteristics come first, as without them you are going nowhere.

Composure, decision making, leadership, the mental attributes the we are so sorely missing. The list could go on.

You need only look at the way Preston responded to going 1-0 down to see all the traits that are missing from the mental side of our squad. 

4 hours ago, Morepork said:

I've said it many times on here that we would never know if Monk was any good or not for the simple fact that there are too many ongoing issues through every facet of this club, most out of his control.

Other managers may have achieved a little more with our squad but I refuse to believe any manager would get consistency, fight, belief or any other characteristic required in a successful team out of this shower.

Through naivety and mismanagement DC has presided over the creation of this shambles of a playing squad. I think many of us are at a point where we want/need to see everything cleansed from the club, even our handful of decent players can go for me. 

I see no point in appointing anyone new now, it would be grossly unfair.

Whatever the future holds we can be certain of one thing, if DC remains, so will the chaos and underachievement. 

So when Steve Bruce came in we were poor !! I don’t think so 

wake up and realise monk is the most uninspired person imaginable and the chairman is as bad 

mall he wants to do is keep nipping outside the stand for a smoke !!!

but seriously you think monk is any good !! It’s laughable ! 

Monk is stealing money from the club if he had morals he would leave and so would the chairman 

it’s all disgusting . 

• Like 1