Garry Monk Post Match Comments

Preston have better footballers than us. 

We are still under achieving, but not by much. 

It's the aftermath of a gamble, and in particular this is not the fault of any one Individual. 

DC went for it, and most of us were cats that got the cream, at the time. 

Now patience and finger crossing are required. 

We need points. 

7 hours ago, S63 Owl said:

I don’t get this bit regarding Tom Lees....

“The scan came back clear. We are dictated by how he feels. We will speak to the doctors tomorrow.”

Surely now is the time the captain of the team should be leading by example, keeping the players focused and motivated and be first on the team sheet. There really is something going on in that dressing room that we don’t know about - It’s not a coincidence- too many players now not playing who could/should be. 

Has Tom Lees player since FF left?

Listened to the interview. Sort of feels hard done too with the disallowed goal, was pretty obvious Joey was obstructing the keeper while in an offside position.

Clearly doesn’t feel the team concentrates in key moments of the game, problem with that statement is he made it sound as though we had been completely solid throughout the match. When in reality Preston constantly looked more of a threat than we ever did, missing some glorious chances. 

1 hour ago, ttimeowls said:

So when Steve Bruce came in we were poor !! I don’t think so 

wake up and realise monk is the most uninspired person imaginable and the chairman is as bad 

mall he wants to do is keep nipping outside the stand for a smoke !!!

but seriously you think monk is any good !! It’s laughable ! 

Monk is stealing money from the club if he had morals he would leave and so would the chairman 

it’s all disgusting . 

It's almost as if you were just angry and didn't even read my post, that or you can't actually read at all......

I never mentioned Bruce or his record.

I never said Monk was good.

The Chairman can't "leave" regardless of his morals, which again, I didn't mention.

I have no idea why you even mentioned DC's smoking habits.........

5 hours ago, Morepork said:

It's all these things and more.

Quality is missing but for me some other characteristics come first, as without them you are going nowhere.

Composure, decision making, leadership, the mental attributes the we are so sorely missing. The list could go on.

You need only look at the way Preston responded to going 1-0 down to see all the traits that are missing from the mental side of our squad. 

Very true. There’s no Carlton, Mick Lyons , Nigel Pearson.... just one like that would make all the difference.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Listened to the interview. Sort of feels hard done too with the disallowed goal, was pretty obvious Joey was obstructing the keeper while in an offside position.

Clearly doesn’t feel the team concentrates in key moments of the game, problem with that statement is he made it sound as though we had been completely solid throughout the match. When in reality Preston constantly looked more of a threat than we ever did, missing some glorious chances. 

Totally agree, he's clutching with the disallowed goal and his assessment. 

We play the same if we're two up or two down.....you can't coach the stuff that's killing us in almost every game. There's no desire, no bodies on the line, no never say die attitude, no composure, no football intelligence, its hard to watch....If Klopp's Liverpool are "Mentality Monsters" we are whatever the polar opposite of that is. 

Preston, not the most gifted of teams but had lots of characteristics we lack. Went a goal down having had the better chances and responded accordingly.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Totally agree, he's clutching with the disallowed goal and his assessment. 

We play the same if we're two up or two down.....you can't coach the stuff that's killing us in almost every game. There's no desire, no bodies on the line, no never say die attitude, no composure, no football intelligence, its hard to watch....If Klopp's Liverpool are "Mentality Monsters" we are whatever the polar opposite of that is. 

Preston, not the most gifted of teams but had lots of characteristics we lack. Went a goal down having had the better chances and responded accordingly.

There is no identity. We pass the ball around aimlessly and we have no organisation without the ball. 

Preston were organised off the ball, they changed their formation to match us up and played 2 quick forwards in Barkhuizen and Maguire to exploit the space out wide in our back 3. They are a good side, probably lack a clinical forward. They’ve gone direct and straight down the middle for 3 goals and we couldn’t handle it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vulva said:

Tbf, I’ve just seen the disallowed goal, and it’s a really harsh decision. Not often that you get those given.  

He was off side and blocking the keeper it was the correct decision ....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

GM: To go from a situation where you think you’ve scored at the end.. but the main factor is, from the end of that game, we have to be much, much better at the fundamentals. It’s about that focus and concentration at the critical moment. You expect to have that at this level

GM: Hugely disappointing that moment went against us with the goal but then those last ten minutes, the individual battles, the concentration, it has cost us

GM: We didn’t concentrate in those vital moments. You have to focus and win those battles and we didn’t do that

GM: We just lack the ability to concentrate in those moments towards the end of games. I understand you live and die by results, it needs a lot of work but I’m determined. The demand is always there at big clubs and I’m determined to get it right

Same interview every game,show some dignity and walk..ffs

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What did he say about Lees

The exact same thing he said 10 days ago, he went for a scan he is all clear but it's up to the player.

Intimidating there is nothing wrong with him. If that's not throwing him under the bus then clearly I am seeing something that's not there.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The exact same thing he said 10 days ago, he went for a scan he is all clear but it's up to the player.

Intimidating there is nothing wrong with him. If that's not throwing him under the bus then clearly I am seeing something that's not there.

You’ve got to feel that we now have another issue with a senior pro at the club. 

39 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

You’ve got to feel that we now have another issue with a senior pro at the club. 

No I just think he has lost the respect of all of the players before Monk came Reach had been out best and most consistent player for 2 season, now he looks like he needs to be told which way we are kicking in a match, 

Westwood, Hutchinson, Winnall, Rhodes and Bates not allowed to play even when we were conceding 2 goals a game and not scoring any goals.

Lees, Foresteri when fit were barely played consistently.

You could say we have loads of trouble makers at the club or you could also say what is the one common denominate in everyone of these so called problems.....

I also think it kind of shows a lot when monk has spent to whole season blowing smoke up the ass of Fletcher and Fox neither player resigned or even extended their deals to help Monk out, clearly these two players don't think much of the club or the manager.

How many more players need to be trouble makers before we release the problem is not the players.