A NEW DAWN AT SWFC -

46 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Listening to the Wildsmith interview earlier it sounded like he thinks Fletcher and Fox might sign new deals with us after the season has ended! No thanks. 

Why do you say that? If they are prepared to take reduced terms which I firmly believe that they will be receiving then why not? I think there are going to be over 1400 players at varying levels becoming available. So the onus will be on the players to prove their worth and it's a supply and demand issue - lots of supply dwindling demand.

5 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Why do you say that? If they are prepared to take reduced terms which I firmly believe that they will be receiving then why not? I think there are going to be over 1400 players at varying levels becoming available. So the onus will be on the players to prove their worth and it's a supply and demand issue - lots of supply dwindling demand.

I’m a big fan of Fletcher, when he is fit he is quality. However I don’t think with his injury record he is worth the risk of another big money contract (even on reduced terms I still feel he will be one of our top earners). As for Fox I would like to see us either give Penney a try or bring in someone new. Fox has improved but I still don’t feel he is enough. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Slavoj Žižek (b. 1949)

Known for his idiosyncratic approach to psychoanalytic philosophy and cultural criticism, Žižek’s doesn’t spare either the political right or the liberal left in his anti-capitalist and neo-liberal criticism. Žižek’s career has mostly focused on developing a school of thought based on authentic experiences, what he calls “The Real”, and his work infamously bounces from from the high-brow masterpiece The Sublime Object of Ideology (1989) to the low-brow antithetical work The Pervert’s Guide to Ideology (2012). Because of his willingness to explore low-cultural tropes, and bring them into philosophic discourse, he has achieved wide cultural acclaim. Žižek has cited as a “a celebrity philosopher,” the “Elvis of Cultural Theory” and “the most dangerous philosopher in the West.” He teaches at New York University.

His antithetical work looks interesting.

Strong  rumours that his coaching badges  are out of date,lol

21 hours ago, Brammy said:

Reading some of the comments here, we must be getting a magic money tree at the end of the season. One that magically makes the expenditure column in the accounts disappear!

Either that or we're going to be signing amazing players on freebies that are on the fringes of (translation; weren't good enough to get into) other championship teams. All this entrusted to people at the club with a less than distinguished track record. 

If this is the new dawn, I think I'll stay in bed. 

Erm...if we get away with fudging the books, arnt we actually in profit?

1 hour ago, trev said:

Erm...if we get away with fudging the books, arnt we actually in profit?

P&S works on a three year rolling basis (although the recent upheaval may bring about some changes there). The year before that the net loss was more than £20m and this year's accounts are due in the next few weeks with every likelihood of another hefty deficit. Even if we are not punished for the stadium sale business, we'll be going into the summer with half a squad and at best mediocre funding for this level.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

P&S works on a three year rolling basis (although the recent upheaval may bring about some changes there). The year before that the net loss was more than £20m and this year's accounts are due in the next few weeks with every likelihood of another hefty deficit. Even if we are not punished for the stadium sale business, we'll be going into the summer with half a squad and at best mediocre funding for this level.

I know but didn't we sell the stadium for enough to leave us in profit over the 3 year rolling totals? Not by much...but profit still. So loadsa money available for DC to waste.

On 24/06/2020 at 18:33, Markowski77 said:

It’s a new dawn at SWFC, some maybe sad certain players  have gone, some maybe can’t wait to see the back of them. 

It’s time for a new era & revolution. If we can escape this season with no relegation. It’s a managers dream this scenario (pending efl)

Personally I’d go all out to get a decent manager, push the boat out and get someone with a philosophy & vision (no disrespect to Monk, but he isn’t that man) it’s the ideal scenario buys his own players who he wants, rebuild with a youthful, dynamic side. This summer is absolutely key for our next 5 years. 

in a strange way, it feels like a weight is lifted off Wednesday shoulders, I bet there is collectively millions that can go to better use now.

WAWAW

The most important signing, is a new manager

21 hours ago, camffiti said:

IF we can stumble over the line this season, with a dozen players ... 

Next season,  how do we replace Hutchinson, Forrestieri & Fletcher without FFP flouncing? 

Could be a stick or twist moment for the club - a bit like Leeds this year and Wolves and Bournemouth

First we need a quality manager and he or someone to assist him needs to be able to find us some quality players. Someone with a good eye for up and coming talent with great connections. Then some experienced players to help though a promotion season. Not has been though.

We need a fresh start like when Chansiri came in but this time quality new manager and quality recruitment. (Wolves) 

Edited by ashley8

22 hours ago, trev said:

I know but didn't we sell the stadium for enough to leave us in profit over the 3 year rolling totals? Not by much...but profit still. So loadsa money available for DC to waste.

As I understand it, selling the ground is just a quick fix to avoid embargo / points deduction in short term.  We have no money and (even assuming we come out on right side of EFL hearing), we’re heading back into embargo / points deduction once 18/19 accounts are published.

19 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Which manager would we realistically get who is on paper better than Monk? 

I think Bruce was perfect for us and it’s typical he left. But at the time Monk and Rowett were the best we could hope for.

If we end up in another embargo and points deduction we wouldnt get as good as Monk

On 25/06/2020 at 11:05, Dutch McLovin said:

I cant understand this. These set of players under Bruce went from nearly going down to nearly making the playoffs in a small amount of time. I genuinely believe this set of players would be in touch with the top two had bruce not jumped ship.

I understand your point of view but Monk once he got his ways and ideas across has taken us backwards, the football is dour and has no history of success. I honestly think he is worse than Jos.

I totally agree, i think this lockdown has erased people's memory of just how poo we were under Monk. This man is taking us backwards, the sooner he's gone the better.

Guest Bulgaria

I could take or leave Monk, but I admire his stance in black balling and now finally getting shut of some of the dead wood. If we could only somehow get shot of Westwood I would be a happier man. 

The thought of him creaming off thousands per week whilst showing absolutely no desire or commitment, especially now is unforgivable.

Monk deserves some more time.

I can see us getting a 9-12 point deduction, and the worse case scenario is we go down, but it's not the end of the world is it.  One of our best days in recent history was our 1st division playoff win.

I know it's a cliche, but something like a repeat of that might be what's required to get this club and fans singing from the same song sheet again.

Rhodes and Atty up top in the 1st division?  Yeah, I would take that.