A NEW DAWN AT SWFC -

8 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

Unfortunstely I don’t think you could combine 1 and 2. I like the idea of a DOF diving the club some identity and strategy but in the same way couldn’t see someone of the stature of  Bruce working under a DOF.

I’m saying it’s either 1 or 2 but at the minute monk is on his own 

11 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

I'm wondering if wiping off the high earners like that will have shown a little signal of intent to the EFL over rectifying our ways maybe soften the blow??

I thought that too, and I hope we are right, but i have a feeling that the EFL are baying for blood

Can't understand the such dislike of Monk.

He's come in with barely none of his own backroom staff - probs cause DC won't payoff exisitng staff.

Or the fee's to bring in his staff - even after wringing NUFC for Bruce & Co.

Working with what is widely regarded as a disjointed / ageing squad - with several players out of contract now.

We started of ok.. then January when perhaps players heads had been turned we became terrible , without

any real quality and budget to replace certain players.

Judge him on the next few games,  with players who will be looking to impress and give some extra effort.

We did ok against a good Forest side.  We have some tough matches in the run-in - lets hope we can salvage enough points to be able to withstand any points deduction,  because relegation would be a disaster and we'd be stuck down there for many years ala Sunderland - bar any miracle like a Wilder coming in.

Viva Revolution..

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Doctor Duran said:

He's come in with barely none of his own backroom staff - probs cause DC won't payoff exisitng staff.

Working with what is widely regarded as a disjointed / ageing squad - with several players out of contract now.

We started of ok.. then January when perhaps players heads had been turned we became terrible , without

Judge him on the next few games,  with players who will be looking to impress and give some extra effort.

We did ok against a good Forest side.  We have some tough matches in the run-in - lets hope we can salvage enough points to be able to withstand any points deduction,  because relegation would be a disaster and we'd be stuck down there for many years ala Sunderland - bar any miracle like a Wilder coming in.

Viva Revolution..

The only part I perhaps disagree with is the bit about him starting OK. He did start OK, largely because he was getting his feet under the table, and sensibly carried things on the way Bruce and Bullen had. 
When he started to instil his own ideas, that’s when things started to go horribly wrong. 
He has now had an opportunity to reflect on some of those decisions, and to work through some of his ideas. Only an upturn in our fortunes would convince me that he should be the man to oversee a rebuild. Agree though, Forest was much better than most post Christmas showings

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Viva Revolution..

I cant understand this. These set of players under Bruce went from nearly going down to nearly making the playoffs in a small amount of time. I genuinely believe this set of players would be in touch with the top two had bruce not jumped ship.

I understand your point of view but Monk once he got his ways and ideas across has taken us backwards, the football is dour and has no history of success. I honestly think he is worse than Jos.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I cant understand this. These set of players under Bruce went from nearly going down to nearly making the playoffs in a small amount of time. I genuinely believe this set of players would be in touch with the top two had bruce not jumped ship.

I understand your point of view but Monk once he got his ways and ideas across has taken us backwards, the football is dour and has no history of success. I honestly think he is worse than Jos.

Monk Succeeded at Swansea and Birmingham,  did well at Leeds.

Not sure whether Bruce would have sustained such a good run..  Most probably but he jumped ship and left us

in it..  Which Monk came in to fill his big shoes.

Don't forget Bruce also brought his trusted coaches Agnew and Clemance - Monk hasn't been allowed that luxury for whatever reason..

I'd give Monk until Xmas after bringing in new players, judge him after the opportunity to do some rebuilding.

If we was to change the manager - who would we bring in..  more than likely another Jos / Carlos type given Paxioas current ear bending of DC.   You can see him saying - we've tried English managers like the fans wanted - now bring in another of my contacts..

Grass isn't always greener.

1 minute ago, Doctor Duran said:

Monk Succeeded at Swansea and Birmingham,  did well at Leeds.

Not sure whether Bruce would have sustained such a good run..  Most probably but he jumped ship and left us

in it..  Which Monk came in to fill his big shoes.

Don't forget Bruce also brought his trusted coaches Agnew and Clemance - Monk hasn't been allowed that luxury for whatever reason..

I'd give Monk until Xmas after bringing in new players, judge him after the opportunity to do some rebuilding.

If we was to change the manager - who would we bring in..  more than likely another Jos / Carlos type given Paxioas current ear bending of DC.   You can see him saying - we've tried English managers like the fans wanted - now bring in another of my contacts..

Grass isn't always greener.

Swansea had a really good side when he took over he took them backwards. He capitulated at Leeds and speak to Birmingham fans they hate him were glad when he went.

Ok he hasnt been helped with lack of backroom.

The side this season was no where near as bad as we have looked. Bruce would have done well with us. A decent manager would have us up around the playoffs Monk is just no good enough.

I want a attacking possession based manager who will try and play football again, get bannan up the pitch and dangerous. That said i would take anyone over Monk i genuinely think he is that bad

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Swansea had a really good side when he took over he took them backwards. He capitulated at Leeds and speak to Birmingham fans they hate him were glad when he went.

Ok he hasnt been helped with lack of backroom.

The side this season was no where near as bad as we have looked. Bruce would have done well with us. A decent manager would have us up around the playoffs Monk is just no good enough.

I want a attacking possession based manager who will try and play football again, get bannan up the pitch and dangerous. That said i would take anyone over Monk i genuinely think he is that bad

Was the system and football not attacking enough for you last weekend ? -  Bannan should get up the pitch but maybe he doesn't want to and his end product is not always the best.. he hasn't done since Carlos days.

Guess your not a fan of Monk - if we could get a top manager ala Bruce, who has done it all before - i wouldn't be to disappointed but I don't think we can for lots of reasons... So I'm willing to give Monk 6 months with his chance to put his stamp on the team.

But that's what make footie great the difference of opinions

I would like Monk to succeed, as it would certainly make things a lot easier. If he takes us down however, whatever the mitigating circumstances, then he really will have to go There is no way this squad should be anywhere near the relegation places

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I would like Monk to succeed, as it would certainly make things a lot easier. If he takes us down however, whatever the mitigating circumstances, then he really will have to go There is no way this squad should be anywhere near the relegation places

Have you checked the squad this morning?

Owlstalk Shop

Hungry young players with a point to prove please. Not over the hill expensive crocks, has beens or players looking for a last pay check. 

Our best players over the years are the ones who come here with a point to prove. Or seasoned old pros not on daft amounts who are here because it’s the biggest club they will play for. This is the mixture we need. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Doctor Duran said:

Viva Revolution..

careful mate your speaking sense 

45 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Swiss ramble posted today.

DC has spent £100,000 of his money everyday since he bought us in 2015.

Could the £60m ground sale be included in these figures ? That would seem to make sense. 

DC been here 200 working days so £200m spent since January 2015.

I was speaking to a mate last night and I thought he would be £140/150m in. The ground sale of £60m would seem to be included. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl