A NEW DAWN AT SWFC -

6 minutes ago, Mr. Chow said:

We’ve given Paul Jones another contract based on nothing, anything can happen 

I'd have preferred to give John Paul Jones a contract, at least he could sort out a new intro tune!

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

We've got no income for the foreseeable and still have 8 games to try and not BE a League 1 club!  

There's a lot of water to go under the bridge before we start talking about recruitment and rebuilds.

People seem to have forgotten the season is far from over and we're on the brink of utter oblivion!

If that's the new European Super League I'll take it!

15 minutes ago, Mr. Chow said:

We’ve given Paul Jones another contract based on nothing, anything can happen 

Only till the end of the season. Westwood has DEFINITELY played his last game if Jones has signed up to play till the end of the season as back up to Dawson and Wildsmith. Crazy otherwise.

Calm down. We now have to see what we get. This dead wood we have got rid of makes no difference seeing as the ones going are at least on paper some of our best players. You can say, yeah glad to see the back of them but how much have we still got. The squad we now have is very weak. The players like Fletcher ( who single handedly turned horrible football in to wins or draws gone) why we were lost when he was injured. Foristieri a player who can be a good player (some times). Not great I know but who will we get in now.

I dread to think what could happen with lots of money needing to be spent now and Chansiris recruitment team and Monk. That looks good doesn't it....... It's a new start but it's going to now take years to build and that's after we get shut of Monk. 

First things first stay up with half a poor squad.

Sorry if I've been too optimistic, I can't help myself lol

First things first, we have to get to the end of the season and hope we’re still a championship club come the end of it.

Then Chansiri has to decide if he intends to stick with Monk and give him the opportunity to re-build the squad.

I think the players who are leaving come the end of the month would’ve left anyway regardless of whether Monk was the manager or not?

Whoever is in charge then has to decide whether to try and move on players who still have one year to run on their contracts such as Westwood, Bannan, Rhodes, Reach etc. It will be difficult to move these players on but we might have to try if we want to recoup/save some money and quicken the rest-building process?

This summer is crucial for the club. For me there is two ways to run a club 

1. Appoint a DOF to oversee the squad. He takes the directive of how the club operates and the style of play. Organises transfers etc in line with this. The Head coach (monk or whoever) can bring his own staff In to coach and links in with the Dof regarding players. This means that whilst the coach may change the “philosophy” or the style of the club can stay the same.

2. Appoint a manager like we did with Bruce. He brings in his own coaching staff, recruitment staff etc. Essentially he is responsible for the entire thing with his staff reporting and working for him.

At the minute I feel we don’t have either. Monk is trying to coach without being able to bring in anyone to help as well as sorting out who is staying and who is going at the club.

1 hour ago, eightbelow said:

Am I missing something here, we are about to get slapped with a points deduction, our form inst very good and there is a very strong chance we will be relegated into league 1, no crowds so no real revenue. Where is the new dawn?

Yes, but put all that to one side and everything is rosey... We're on our way... 

3 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

When we beat the efl. 

We have a manager with money to spend on players he wants to play in style he wants to play 

Most of the deadwood and malcontents have been shipped out.

A new dawn at S6.

Best position we've been in for many a year.

What are you drinking in sunny Spain because I could do with pint of it, in fact you better make that a half.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 83owl said:

This summer is crucial for the club. For me there is two ways to run a club 

1. Appoint a DOF to oversee the squad. He takes the directive of how the club operates and the style of play. Organises transfers etc in line with this. The Head coach (monk or whoever) can bring his own staff In to coach and links in with the Dof regarding players. This means that whilst the coach may change the “philosophy” or the style of the club can stay the same.

2. Appoint a manager like we did with Bruce. He brings in his own coaching staff, recruitment staff etc. Essentially he is responsible for the entire thing with his staff reporting and working for him.

At the minute I feel we don’t have either. Monk is trying to coach without being able to bring in anyone to help as well as sorting out who is staying and who is going at the club.

Unfortunstely I don’t think you could combine 1 and 2. I like the idea of a DOF diving the club some identity and strategy but in the same way couldn’t see someone of the stature of  Bruce working under a DOF.

Reading some of the comments here, we must be getting a magic money tree at the end of the season. One that magically makes the expenditure column in the accounts disappear!

Either that or we're going to be signing amazing players on freebies that are on the fringes of (translation; weren't good enough to get into) other championship teams. All this entrusted to people at the club with a less than distinguished track record. 

If this is the new dawn, I think I'll stay in bed. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Unfortunstely I don’t think you could combine 1 and 2. I like the idea of a DOF diving the club some identity and strategy but in the same way couldn’t see someone of the stature of  Bruce working under a DOF.

It’s all a bit too late We have much to do, don’t know which division we’ll be in, or what restrictions may be placed on us, and possibly only a 6 week turnaround. 
Oh and no meaningful budget

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

It’s likely that most of these players some can’t wait to get rid of, will be playing at a better level than us next season

I very much doubt it. 

We will very likely stay up so unless you think they going to play in Premier League, you are talking nonsense. 

Some people remain in a dreamworld it seems. That murky stadium sale prevented net losses well in excess of £30m in the last set of accounts. The year before that it was over £20m. Even if we escape sanction by the EFL, what has happened since that makes you believe the figures due in the next few weeks will not show another eye-watering deficit? Obviously I'm not privy to the details at this point, but our recruitment this summer could be like looking back a decade in time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

It’s likely that most of these players some can’t wait to get rid of, will be playing at a better level than us next season

You mean some desperate mug of a chairman will offer these millionaire 30 somethings one last big payday.

Well that’s football at the moment so you could be right. 

7 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I very much doubt it. 

We will very likely stay up so unless you think they going to play in Premier League, you are talking nonsense. 

Lets look at those players, Fletcher, Lee, Hutchinson (probably Westwood)  - all mid/middle 30’s that will struggle to pass a medical never mind complete 10 consecutive games for anyone at any level. 

Forestieri - injury prone player with questionable temperament and awful disciplinary record, not performed consistently for 3 years,  at back end of his career. Might get a championship club willing to take a gamble. 

Fox - being chased in January by League One Sunderland and at very best low end Championship player.

Winnall - league one beckons. 

We really are losing some world beaters there. 

I think I’ll take our chances on younger, hungrier players available in frees in the summer with a couple of Premiership loanees to be honest.

• Like 4

Isn’t FFP suspended for this season / next season? Indeed will it even return in its current form. So we may have a good opportunity to rebuild without the financial constraints we anticipate. 

But I really don’t want monk in charge of the rebuild. Time for new faces in the dugout as well on the pitch. 

• Thanks 1