A NEW DAWN AT SWFC -

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Swansea had a really good side when he took over he took them backwards. He capitulated at Leeds and speak to Birmingham fans they hate him were glad when he went.

He was alright at Swansea. When he was at Leeds they looked really good. The football was fast paced and dynamic, they really impressed me. At Brum he got them in a great position with his hands tied behind his back and then was sacked because of a points deduction that was in no way his fault. Don't care what the Brum fans think, i've not a lot of time for them. I was pleased when we got him because I wanted us to play like the Leeds team did before they collapsed. I'm hoping he can do well so i i'm not proven an idiot... lol 

Edited by Daizan10

3 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

He was alright at Swansea. When he was at Leeds they looked really good. The football was fast paced and dynamic, they really impressed me. At Brum he got them in a great position with his hands tied behind his back and then was sacked because of a points deduction that was in no way his fault. Don't care what the Brum fans think, i've not a lot of time for them. I was pleased when we got him because I wanted us to play like the Leeds team did before they collapsed. I'm hoping he can do well so i i'm not proven an idiot... lol 

We need to change the players to play through the thirds more to match the football that Leeds play. We also need to be a lot fitter

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

We need to change the players to play through the thirds more to match the football that Leeds play. We also need to be a lot fitter

Forestieri was ideal for that, but has largely been ignored by Monk, who seemingly wants us to play more like Birmingham

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Forestieri was ideal for that, but has largely been ignored by Monk, who seemingly wants us to play more like Birmingham

As I've said all along Monk has not had any chance to change anything at the club - bar the way he wants us to play. However I think that the way we play has been imposed on him by our current players and he is doing what HE thinks is best. I don't agree with the style of play but I am prepared to see what a full preseason and some new signings of his choosing will bring us next year.

We were 3rd and had a very good chance of competing but the capitulation is not all the managers fault and the players have to carry the majority of the blame for not giving enough effort.

14 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Why don't you buy it off him and use some of your skills earned on Football Manager to take us to the promised land?

That old chestnut.

Also, like Mr C I have no idea how to run a football club and for that reason I'll be keeping my money in my pocket.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Not an old chestnut but the same old people on here roll out the same old lines get rid, he's this, he's that, he's the other. 

DC is not beyond criticism and deserves lots but there ain't a long line of buyers for us

If you listen to DC himself then there is.

In fact he has gone on record as saying he has knocked back a very sizable offer.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

If we do get over the line aren’t we at year one again in the 3 year FFP cycle?   We should be able to be competitive in the market, we’ll actually be in a fit and healthy position.   Some clubs in this division will be on their ar.5es, while other clubs will have to tread  very carefully.

No. It's a rolling three year period.

• Like 1

Is Wickham a viable option to replace Fletcher next season? I’m not sure how much he would cost, but I’m pretty certain he will move on In truth, he’s never really convinced as a top flight player, with most of his success coming in the championship. It’s unlikely that he would be loaned out again, but Palace would expect a fee. If we balked at paying the £4m Chelsea wanted for Hector, having seen what he could do, will we shell out a similar amount for an injury plagued Wickham

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

If you listen to DC himself then there is.

In fact he has gone on record as saying he has knocked back a very sizable offer.

That was at the last fans forum where he went on record saying that. I don't believe that he wants to sell and it would be really interesting to see who would be actually in the mix should the club be put up for sale in the very near future.

55 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Covid is going to make the calculations very complicated. They might have to start all over again rather than rolling over past figures. 

I don't think they can use this years accounts to be fair. A pandemic can never be accounted for in most businesses let alone football where the majority of clubs live hand to mouth

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

That was at the last fans forum where he went on record saying that. I don't believe that he wants to sell and it would be really interesting to see who would be actually in the mix should the club be put up for sale in the very near future.

There lays the problem.