A NEW DAWN AT SWFC -

2 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

I could take or leave Monk, but I admire his stance in black balling and now finally getting shut of some of the dead wood. If we could only somehow get shot of Westwood I would be a happier man. 

The thought of him creaming off thousands per week whilst showing absolutely no desire or commitment, especially now is unforgivable.

Monk deserves some more time.

I can see us getting a 9-12 point deduction, and the worse case scenario is we go down, but it's not the end of the world is it.  One of our best days in recent history was our 1st division playoff win.

I know it's a cliche, but something like a repeat of that might be what's required to get this club and fans singing from the same song sheet again.

Rhodes and Atty up top in the 1st division?  Yeah, I would take that.

From a footballing point of view I’m actually feeling less bothered about relegation to league 1 than years gone by, maybe because I have a new appreciation of just having football to watch, or because it would be good to see our young players getting game time. The likes of Hunt, Urhoghide, Penney, Grant, Shaw etc would do well, plus we have a small squad so a manager could bring in other players around them on frees and loans. 

Financially tho it could be a disaster with FFP.  I expect we’d sell Iorfa and Bannan but we’d still have concerns about becoming the next Bolton with points deductions taking us to league 2.

We really do need some kind of miracle to help us out of the hole Chansiri has got us into 

Edited by Owls-Fan