A NEW DAWN AT SWFC -

41 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I think i will reserve judgement on that until after efl hearing has concluded , if they relegate us we have to prey chansiri still bankrolls the club or we go bust simples. 

Going bust isn't the end, loads of others have done it before and come back via administration. I wouldn't like it but as long as the club survives in some form (and it will) I'd take it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Markowski77 said:

It’s a new dawn at SWFC, some maybe sad certain players  have gone, some maybe can’t wait to see the back of them. 

It’s time for a new era & revolution. If we can escape this season with no relegation. It’s a managers dream this scenario (pending efl)

Personally I’d go all out to get a decent manager, push the boat out and get someone with a philosophy & vision (no disrespect to Monk, but he isn’t that man) it’s the ideal scenario buys his own players who he wants, rebuild with a youthful, dynamic side. This summer is absolutely key for our next 5 years. 

in a strange way, it feels like a weight is lifted off Wednesday shoulders, I bet there is collectively millions that can go to better use now.

WAWAW

Slavoj Žižek (b. 1949)

Known for his idiosyncratic approach to psychoanalytic philosophy and cultural criticism, Žižek’s doesn’t spare either the political right or the liberal left in his anti-capitalist and neo-liberal criticism. Žižek’s career has mostly focused on developing a school of thought based on authentic experiences, what he calls “The Real”, and his work infamously bounces from from the high-brow masterpiece The Sublime Object of Ideology (1989) to the low-brow antithetical work The Pervert’s Guide to Ideology (2012). Because of his willingness to explore low-cultural tropes, and bring them into philosophic discourse, he has achieved wide cultural acclaim. Žižek has cited as a “a celebrity philosopher,” the “Elvis of Cultural Theory” and “the most dangerous philosopher in the West.” He teaches at New York University.

His antithetical work looks interesting.

2 minutes ago, eightbelow said:

Am I missing something here, we are about to get slapped with a points deduction, our form inst very good and there is a very strong chance we will be relegated into league 1, no crowds so no real revenue. Where is the new dawn?

She starts on Monday

• Haha 1

Whatever happens, going down or staying up, we need to have a longer term view than what we have had most recently. 

I want people to look at our club and say they want to be here and be a success with us, not enticing players here who are a risk with big wages. 

We need to start doing everything right, on and off the pitch, to make us exciting. Our marketing team has gotten much better, but things like catering, parts of the stadium, match day experience, recruitment, ticket prices, match day coverage, business structure, academy all leave a lot to be desired. 

The first thing we can do to get fans onside is to get ticket prices back to a normal level. Get a talented manager who handles pressure and the crowd well, with a succession plan in place so when they move on (sacked, resigns, poached) we know who we want and who we could get, rather than being reactive. Have a robust structure to the business with talented personnel running from the playing staff to the business staff, offer grad roles, apprentiships etc. We have a great sports uni in Hallam on our doorstep, do we do enough to tap into the talent there? 

I think that's the biggest thing for me come to think of it - being proactive and having plans in place, rather than constantly reactive. That doesn't have to start at the end of the season, that could start today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, eightbelow said:

Am I missing something here, we are about to get slapped with a points deduction, our form inst very good and there is a very strong chance we will be relegated into league 1, no crowds so no real revenue. Where is the new dawn?

Yer agree . What dawn ? Zulu dawn waiting for the end? Will we rise from the ashes? 

8 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Whatever happens, going down or staying up, we need to have a longer term view than what we have had most recently. 

I want people to look at our club and say they want to be here and be a success with us, not enticing players here who are a risk with big wages. 

We need to start doing everything right, on and off the pitch, to make us exciting. Our marketing team has gotten much better, but things like catering, parts of the stadium, match day experience, recruitment, ticket prices, match day coverage, business structure, academy all leave a lot to be desired. 

The first thing we can do to get fans onside is to get ticket prices back to a normal level. Get a talented manager who handles pressure and the crowd well, with a succession plan in place so when they move on (sacked, resigns, poached) we know who we want and who we could get, rather than being reactive. Have a robust structure to the business with talented personnel running from the playing staff to the business staff, offer grad roles, apprentiships etc. We have a great sports uni in Hallam on our doorstep, do we do enough to tap into the talent there? 

I think that's the biggest thing for me come to think of it - being proactive and having plans in place, rather than constantly reactive. That doesn't have to start at the end of the season, that could start today. 

We needing pumping up. 

We're like a flat tire, my friend. 

Much swagger, and efficient engineering required at Sheffield Wednesday. 

We could be so much more than we are. 

Cultures need to change. The collective mindset is low. 

• Like 2

If our recruitment team have done their homework (I know, this is a huge if) then I think this is a great time to rebuild. Many many players on fringes will be released in my opinion. There should be a huge surplus of players available out of contract both tenured experience pros and academy prospects. 

Clubs in league one and two will have to sell stars with likely lower fares next season. 

Those players are likely very aware that cash has gone out of the game and that should ease financial burden of assembling a competitive squad next term. 

1 hour ago, Lomas613 said:

I'm wondering if wiping off the high earners like that will have shown a little signal of intent to the EFL over rectifying our ways maybe soften the blow??

With DC's track record, more likely use it to get zero punishment then go on a wild spending spree again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

It’s a new dawn at SWFC, some maybe sad certain players  have gone, some maybe can’t wait to see the back of them. 

It’s time for a new era & revolution. If we can escape this season with no relegation. It’s a managers dream this scenario (pending efl)

Personally I’d go all out to get a decent manager, push the boat out and get someone with a philosophy & vision (no disrespect to Monk, but he isn’t that man) it’s the ideal scenario buys his own players who he wants, rebuild with a youthful, dynamic side. This summer is absolutely key for our next 5 years. 

in a strange way, it feels like a weight is lifted off Wednesday shoulders, I bet there is collectively millions that can go to better use now.

WAWAW

Sounds easy,....

30 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

If our recruitment team have done their homework (I know, this is a huge if) then I think this is a great time to rebuild. Many many players on fringes will be released in my opinion. There should be a huge surplus of players available out of contract both tenured experience pros and academy prospects. 

Clubs in league one and two will have to sell stars with likely lower fares next season. 

Those players are likely very aware that cash has gone out of the game and that should ease financial burden of assembling a competitive squad next term. 

We've got no income for the foreseeable and still have 8 games to try and not BE a League 1 club!  

There's a lot of water to go under the bridge before we start talking about recruitment and rebuilds.

People seem to have forgotten the season is far from over and we're on the brink of utter oblivion!

• Like 1

Just not bothered...