MORGAN FOX - Megathread

So

If it turns out that this was Morgans last game for us, i would like to wish him well in his future career

Often he was the crowds go to man for a good slagging off

he pulled through that and upped his game, silencing the doubters

Good luck Morgan Fox

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox

He'd be a natural on the left of a 3 if Monk continues with this formation. I still think it's a real pity he's leaving us. 

As I’ve just posted in another thread , did well considering his last game for us potentially, after a poor start to his career with us he’s turned into a solid full back or cb (when called upon) and would like to wish him all the best , would imagine he could get another club at this level 

Wouldn’t have minded seeing him sign an extension as he’s a good age, he’s done well under the last two managers, and seems a professional.

However, let’s not have short memories. He was utter turd for 80% of his time here and replacing him shouldn’t be the most difficult task of Monk’s summer, so I’m not fussed.

All the best Fox!

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you
  • Like 1

Personally think he will be here next season. Look at it this way... we may have said we can offer you a contract to the end of the season and if we stay in this league we can extend it for you. Fox risks getting injured and his future for no guarantees. Same goes for Forestiri and Fletcher. You can't risk these things in Football. Your career is short as it is. If this is the case then we have gone about this the wrong way and should have basically told the fans this.

I think he wants to stay and should be commended for commiting during these games rather than wait his contract out. We're clearly not paying him what he thinks he's worth. 

My big worry is it has taken him so long to change the fans views on him since being booed and has done well this season to change some fans minds, rejecting the contract has ruined all of that and fans are now back on his back. 

12 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

I think he wants to stay and should be commended for commiting during these games rather than wait his contract out. We're clearly not paying him what he thinks he's worth. 

My big worry is it has taken him so long to change the fans views on him since being booed and has done well this season to change some fans minds, rejecting the contract has ruined all of that and fans are now back on his back. 

Yeah but not fans that anyone takes seriously

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

GM on Morgan Fox: "I have loved working with him. I am hugely disappointed that he is not staying here. It is sad to lose him. I will be trying to persuade him on the bus journey home to extend at least!"

All the managers he's played under have had nothing but praise for his proffesionalism. A model pro. 

Managers like players like that about the place. 

Given he is leaving and looking for another club it wouldn't have been surprising if he'd 'knocked' today .

That he didn't I think says says a lot about him.

• Like 7
  • Love 1