MORGAN FOX - Megathread

14 hours ago, trev said:

Honestly never rated him. 

I've been a critic of pretty much all our full backs for years.

Fox was certainly one of the ones I didn't really rate.

He had some decent games but no club aiming for promotion would have him in their starting 11.

I like Fox and admire the way he turned things round, but agree 100% with your comment.  The problem is, this could be said of far too many in the squad, a number of whom cannot match Fox for attitude / application.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

We now do not have a senior left back in the squad.  Excellent squad building that DC/Monk.

Explains why Monk opted for the 352 formation against Forest.

So Fox refusing a new deal is Monks fault,I have to say I don't get that

• Like 3

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

So Fox refusing a new deal is Monks fault,I have to say I don't get that

Me neither, but that seems to be the state of football fans in this day and age.

Is it any surprise he wants to leave after the dogs abuse he's received from our supposed fans.

Some of the comments on this thread only serve to confirm he's making the right decision.

• Like 1

Got no qualms about him not wanting to sign a long term deal but he should’ve signed for the rest of the season IMO?

My greatest memory of him. During his first two years at the club making Jon Beswetherick look like Roberto Carlos. I can’t thank him enough for that 🤣

3 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Now where have I said that?

Monk should have brought in a replacement in January.  That was the point I was making.

Fox was indicating all along thst he was going to sign a new deal, so why would get a replacement in a winfow that only as the left overs from summer. 

2 hours ago, akbuk said:

Fox was indicating all along thst he was going to sign a new deal, so why would get a replacement in a winfow that only as the left overs from summer. 

1. Fox was the only available LB at the club in January.  If Fox had got injured after January, who would we have replaced him with in that position?

2. Fox is an average defender.  Shouldn’t Monk want to strengthen in that position anyway?

3. How do you know Fox was indicating all along that he was going to sign a new deal?

4. And if that was the case, why didn’t the club get Fox to sign a new deal months ago?

For me, the club have dropped the ball on this one.

20 hours ago, agentwalker said:

one decent season. was largely a confidence player, whch is what he lacked 90% of his time here. move on and sign a mentally stranger player.

What does mentally stranger mean?

6 hours ago, bobowl said:

He was terrible for a long while, every time he got the ball i was nervous. The abuse he got has pushed him to be half decent. He should be thanking us.

I think he improved despite your abuse, not because of it.

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really not fussed he has left. Hope he finds himself a new club. Don’t want him changing his mind and signing a new deal with us because he can’t find a better deal elsewhere. 

In a way I hope he and Fox sign new deals because they cant find better deals elsewhere. Means we would have signed them both on the terms we wanted to.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

In a way I hope he and Fox sign new deals because they cant find better deals elsewhere. Means we would have signed them both on the terms we wanted to.

I see where you’re coming from but personally if they don’t want to fight for the next 8 games I don’t really want them back next season. Saying that just because Nuhiu is staying for the next 8 games it doesn’t mean I want him to stay next season! 

56 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

1. Fox was the only available LB at the club in January.  If Fox had got injured after January, who would we have replaced him with in that position?

*Liam Palmer,Adam Reach and Matt Penny when he comes back

2. Fox is an average defender.  Shouldn’t Monk want to strengthen in that position anyway?

*No he's not an average defender and will go to a good club

3. How do you know Fox was indicating all along that he was going to sign a new deal?I

*Because he said so

4. And if that was the case, why didn’t the club get Fox to sign a new deal months ago?I

*They offered a deal I January

For me, the club have dropped the ball on this one.I

*Just greasy players.