MORGAN FOX - Megathread

23 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

This one is a case of the fans turning on him, fox turning good and sticking the middle finger up to the fans

Looks that way. The flip side of course is we paid him good money for two seasons to be absolute poo and contribute to our drop in form and league placing. Then after one good half season he shows the club no loyalty at all and jumps ship cos we're not paying silly wages anymore.

Depends how you look at it I suppose. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

Looks that way. The flip side of course is we paid him good money for two seasons to be absolute poo and contribute to our drop in form and league placing. Then after one good half season he shows the club no loyalty at all and jumps ship cos we're not paying silly wages anymore.

Depends how you look at it I suppose. 

I don't think he will be missed to be fair.

• Like 2

Not bothered at all.  Granted he did show some improvement but let’s be fair, he’d set the bar pretty low.  

For me in some of his earlier games, he simply gave up, which is unforgivable.  

Considering the amount of abuse he took, I don’t blame him for not wanting to stay.  I’ve never agreed with booing any player whilst they’re on the pitch.  

That said, I certainly won’t be losing any sleep about him leaving and joining another team in this division and I doubt any of our remaining wide players will either.  

• Like 1

I hope everyone understands that NONE of the problems at SWFC are Gary Monk's problems.

We gambled and lost in 2016...clubs do this all the time. In order to attract the players that very nearly got us into the Premiership we had to offer big money contracts.

1. This meant we messed up with the then FFP

2. We were left saddled with high FFP busting wages on players we couldn't sell.

3. We couldn't recruit any replacements.

4. We had to sit it out until the end of this month to start again.

We are long suffering fans, we've not had success...when we did get to the final, Wembley rocked and DC could see the potential.

He would sell if he could get his money back. He will invest if the plan is right.

Gary Monk want's to do well. He has a mixed history. He was learning his trade...we have to see what he does. CC was a gamble and it nearly worked...

Fox looked good when compared to the rest. He doesn't overlap, he doesn't chip in with a couple of goals...he's improved but there are much better players out there if we can find/recruit them.

I think this is a good time to rebuild...Fox wouldn't have been high on my shopping list but I'd have taken him if we struggled to find anyone else.

Poor player not sad in the slightest he’s not signed.

Just another example of player loyalty displaced...the club stood by him despite some really dire performances, lots of clubs would have off loaded!! Fair enough he turned it around but even then he wasn’t a world beater.

See ya 👋🏻

36 minutes ago, Junglejay said:

Not bothered at all.  Granted he did show some improvement but let’s be fair, he’d set the bar pretty low.  

For me in some of his earlier games, he simply gave up, which is unforgivable.  

Considering the amount of abuse he took, I don’t blame him for not wanting to stay.  I’ve never agreed with booing any player whilst they’re on the pitch.  

That said, I certainly won’t be losing any sleep about him leaving and joining another team in this division and I doubt any of our remaining wide players will either.  

I'm literally 24hrs into my non stop mardi gras🤣

Let’s be honest about Fox...

anyone (rumoured Derby) that pay him more than he’s was rumoured to be on here (8k) they must be mental. He was very poor n got absolutely slated. He got better and good on him with abuse he got but he just got better not amazing. 
he’s not one of those players that u think I’d hate to come up against him when he leaves. 
if him n his agent think they are billy big gonads then see ya. 
im sure can get someone as good if not better quite easily. 
other than that we have Palmer Moses n Penny can play there. 

On 24/06/2020 at 17:52, trev said:

Honestly never rated him. 

I've been a critic of pretty much all our full backs for years.

Fox was certainly one of the ones I didn't really rate.

He had some decent games but no club aiming for promotion would have him in their starting 11.

He has improved but has been at fault for plenty of goals this season. Average at best, can cross the ball well at times but can't really run with it in an attacking sense. No great loss at all for me.

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

In a way I hope he and Fox sign new deals because they cant find better deals elsewhere. Means we would have signed them both on the terms we wanted to.

It would also mean that they have had a good look around and found that nobody else holds them in the same kind of value we are prepared to pay which isn't great and one of them has been happy to leave us without a left-back for the last 8 games of the season so not really sure I would want that kind of commitment back at a price nobody else is willing to pay.

Guest Therealrealist

Hes crap..snd hes not leaving because he got booed for being crap..another club have offered a few more pounds than we offered him..thats it

7 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Hes crap..snd hes not leaving because he got booed for being crap..another club have offered a few more pounds than we offered him..thats it

If you know so much please tell us the club who have offered him a few more pounds. Unless, of course, you don't know because it's a made up story.

On 24/06/2020 at 17:48, Westfield Owl said:

We now do not have a senior left back in the squad.  Excellent squad building that DC/Monk.

Explains why Monk opted for the 352 formation against Forest.

Lets blame Monk for inheriting an aged, unbalanced squad. Let's blame him for the club being unable to afford to keep an average left back, or buy one in the previous transfer window.

Tactics, perseverence with  Dawson & Lees, man management - all questionable this year. 

The quality of the squad is down to one man. And it's not Monk.

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, millo said:

If you know so much please tell us the club who have offered him a few more pounds. Unless, of course, you don't know because it's a made up story.

So you think he is leaving for less money ..must have a crap agent🤣unless we only offered him a deal till end of this season..either wsy its got nothing to do with the fans

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

So you think he is leaving for less money ..must have a crap agent🤣unless we only offered him a deal till end of this season..either wsy its got nothing to do with the fans

So it is just a made up story. Thanks for the confirmation.

Guest Therealrealist

And if players are scared of the fans im glad i dont have to see them again tbh..how come none of the better players ever slag the fans off..

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, millo said:

So it is just a made up story. Thanks for the confirmation.

Ok..you think hes leaving cus hr used to get booed😆😆😆😆😆😆