MORGAN FOX - Megathread

5 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

And if players are scared of the fans im glad i dont have to see them again tbh..how come none of the better players ever slag the fans off..

Ooh, who's slagged the fans off? Has someone offered a parting shot across the boughs?

Better players , I think, often have more savvy agents who know how to work the PR machine. 

Instagram, Facebook and Twitter feeds full of how much they love the club and are enjoying training and can't wait for matchday. Knowing they are leaving or trying to engineer moves away. When the inevitable happens the club get the ire of supporter angst and frustration.  

Better players are better political movers. 

And buy and large supporters go for it hook, line and sinker.

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Lets blame Monk for inheriting an aged, unbalanced squad. Let's blame him for the club being unable to afford to keep an average left back, or buy one in the previous transfer window.

Tactics, perseverence with  Dawson & Lees, man management - all questionable this year. 

The quality of the squad is down to one man. And it's not Monk.

who says we cant afford to keep the average left back!

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Ooh, who's slagged the fans off? Has someone offered a parting shot across the boughs?

Better players , I think, often have more savvy agents who know how to work the PR machine. 

Instagram, Facebook and Twitter feeds full of how much they love the club and are enjoying training and can't wait for matchday. Knowing they are leaving or trying to engineer moves away. When the inevitable happens the club get the ire of supporter angst and frustration.  

Better players are better political movers. 

And buy and large supporters go for it hook, line and sinker.

Fair dinkum..morgan fox has never said anything..but loads in thus thread are suggesting hes leaving because of us fans..its bizzare..footballers only care about money..period

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Fair dinkum..morgan fox has never said anything..but loads in thus thread are suggesting hes leaving because of us fans..its bizzare..footballers only care about money..period

Well, everyone cares about money. 

But having a decent workplace also helps attract.

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well, everyone cares about money. 

But having a decent workplace also helps attract.

We all care about money..but if had a good lifestyle and my family wer well settled kids in good schools etc..i wudnt uproot them all for a few extra quid a week..but footballers do..every year

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

We all care about money..but if had a good lifestyle and my family wer well settled kids in good schools etc..i wudnt uproot them all for a few extra quid a week..but footballers do..every year

Well many of them commute don't they.

26 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Lets blame Monk for inheriting an aged, unbalanced squad. Let's blame him for the club being unable to afford to keep an average left back, or buy one in the previous transfer window.

Tactics, perseverence with  Dawson & Lees, man management - all questionable this year. 

The quality of the squad is down to one man. And it's not Monk.

Fair points but we had one left back. We signed 3 players in the January transfer window, perhaps he would have been wise to look at this position, of course he couldn't have predicted the season being prolonged and Fox deciding not to play but Fox could easily have got injured, as he did in January and left us with no cover. 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair points but we had one left back. We signed 3 players in the January transfer window, perhaps he would have been wise to look at this position, of course he couldn't have predicted the season being prolonged and Fox deciding not to play but Fox could easily have got injured, as he did in January and left us with no cover. 

Palmers played left back quite a bit, reach could at a push. Then got Iorfa, urhoghide and possibly lee able to play RB.

Or play 3-5-2

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Oh silly me, he’s not leaving for a better deal elsewhere then. 
He put up with all of that abuse, turned it around, yet now he won’t re-sign. What are the chances ?

a better deal that we didnt think he was worth silly you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

Palmers played left back quite a bit, reach could at a push. Then got Iorfa, urhoghide and possibly lee able to play RB.

Or play 3-5-2

The way he played at the weekend Lee would be wasted at right-back just as he was when he started out with us. Iorfa is much needed at CB, especially if we are playing 3, seemingly same with Palmer being played in front of Lees as a CB. Agree Reach at a push could play LB and is probably suited to LWB but Monk seems reluctant to play him left side full stop.

Surely it would have been better to try and get someone in rather than these square pegs in round holes options you put forward?

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It would also mean that they have had a good look around and found that nobody else holds them in the same kind of value we are prepared to pay which isn't great and one of them has been happy to leave us without a left-back for the last 8 games of the season so not really sure I would want that kind of commitment back at a price nobody else is willing to pay.

Monk dont seem the type to have them back anyway. More chance of me and you being on the teamsheet on Sunday then there is of Fox, Fletcher or Forestieri.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Monk dont seem the type to have them back anyway. More chance of me and you being on the teamsheet on Sunday then there is of Fox, Fletcher or Forestieri.

No chance for me if Monk reads Owlstalk! Monkmanface only way I'd get a game is if it were a choice between me and @Jim

Edited by Guest

According to Wildsmith’s earlier interview, Fox was training today so I wouldn’t rule him out being on the bench. There might be a few boos from the crowd should he be used 😁 but he’s used to that 😂

1 minute ago, Jim said:

According to Wildsmith’s earlier interview, Fox was training today so I wouldn’t rule him out being on the bench. There might be a few boos from the crowd should he be used 😁 but he’s used to that 😂

They are still being paid, so expected to train, but I'd be astonished if they play any part, nor should they IMO. They've made their position clear, don't want to be part of the club. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, striker said:

They are still being paid, so expected to train, but I'd be astonished if they play any part, nor should they IMO. They've made their position clear, don't want to be part of the club. 

If they aren't going to play I wouldn't want them training with the first team, what's the benefit of that?

On 24/06/2020 at 19:41, Brinsworthowl said:

Steady, not outstanding. Probably not missed

He has at least become capable of doing his job, which is not true of many on the field on Saturday. He deserves credit. W eco not know why he will not sign for the extension yet