THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

The difference is that there is a lot more at stake with this. This is not just SWFC you are questioning but a whole raft of professional advisors who contributed to this. The accountants, auditors, lawyers and valuers.

They will not lie down and have their bellies tickled by the EFL / Panel on the balance of probability. There are professional regulations to follow and threat of disciplinary action if you haven't, I would throw in professional indemnity insurance into the mix as well. 

The question of the validity of the date of the stadium sale transaction is key to all this. It is a matter of judgement of the evidence. If it follows the requirements of accounting standards to be in that year, it goes in that year. 

Its a bit like locking horns with HMRC. You argue the accounting principles. Incredibly dull but pivotal.

I have no idea on this because the key bit of evidence will never be seen. The contract for sale. 

yes I'm still standing hopeful on their professional reputations 

• Like 1

In my opinion

A points deduction this late in the season is unfair on everyone

It's unfair on Wednesday because it could well relegate us, and we've no time left to attain the points needed to save us

If the points deduction isn't enough to relegate us, the clubs that go down will say it is unfair on them

I think the EFL will wait until the season is over

They will then relegate us automatically if we are found guilty

Or give us a stiff talking to if they think we've acted outside of the spirit of the game

The rules on FFP are not fit for purpose

I don't see how you can have an even playing field, which is what FFP was put in place for, whilever teams that come down are given parachute payments

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

6 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

Absolutely.

Just finished listening to a podcast ( because I can't sleep,) with that wally Robbie Savage called 606 on five live. With all the issues and talking points going on with football right now and all they have debated for the last hour is whether Man Utd will finish above Liverpool next season with a collection of pubescent callers.

606 used to be fantastic with Alan Green, it's now just a show designed for 15 year olds who support a top 6 club.

Boils my pisss.

Mate get netflix

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

The difference is that there is a lot more at stake with this. This is not just SWFC you are questioning but a whole raft of professional advisors who contributed to this. The accountants, auditors, lawyers and valuers.

They will not lie down and have their bellies tickled by the EFL / Panel on the balance of probability. There are professional regulations to follow and threat of disciplinary action if you haven't, I would throw in professional indemnity insurance into the mix as well. 

The question of the validity of the date of the stadium sale transaction is key to all this. It is a matter of judgement of the evidence. If it follows the requirements of accounting standards to be in that year, it goes in that year. 

Its a bit like locking horns with HMRC. You argue the accounting principles. Incredibly dull but pivotal.

I have no idea on this because the key bit of evidence will never be seen. The contract for sale. 

Agreed but my concern is that I would expect we have done some creative accounting - the issue is that we believe we got that ratified by the EFL prior to doing so.

Then there is the over valuation of the ground.

So it is these points, aside from the accounting issue - that have an element of judgement to them and I would guess that there is disagreements on the panel as to firstly the level of guilt or innoncence for us on both and then the level of punishment as a result.

What I don't know is have they asked the club or EFL for any further evidence or witness statements etc? Thats the thing that I don't get as surely if they had that would have been reported on. They have all the evidence they need so what the bloody hell are they playing at.

Is it because they want to wait and administer punishments next season in the Championship for say us, Derby and Villa? So they are waiting all hearings and for Villa to come down and then we all get points depending on how far we've each been on the naughty step?

Is it because of covid they have thought it unfair to do it this season?

Ir have the panel not even got round to starting to review the case yet because if covid backlogs etc. 

I suspect it may be the first and they aren't telling us as they dont want the ire of clubs fighting relegation. Once it comes out then Barnsley Hull and Luton will be an easy three to tell to pipe down.

Edited by Modfather100

Guest gizowl
13 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

In my opinion

It's unfair on Wednesday because it could well relegate us, and we've no time left to attain the points needed to save us

If the points deduction isn't enough to relegate us, the clubs that go down will say it is unfair on them

Or give us a stiff talking to if they think we've acted outside of the spirit of the game

I don't see how you can have an even playing field, which is what FFP was put in place for, whilever teams that come down are given parachute payments

Good assessment apart from if the points deduction wasn't big enough to relegate us I can't see how the clubs that are relegated have much room for complaint. They have had all season to amass as many points as possible which is every clubs ultimate aim. 

How can clubs sue the EFL for cases that have nothing to do with them, they dont see the evidence , they dont sit on the panel, its a complete joke.

We could be given minus 100 points and Barnsley are still relegated. If clubs are going on to rely on points deduction to save their skin then we 

may as well pack in playing. 

I guess if points deduction are going to become the "norm" then surely they should always happen at the beginning of a season , then there is 

no faffing around also there would have to be exceptions were a club cannot be promoted if they are charged to stop situations like Wolves, Villa, Bournemouth etc.

On the whole is a complete mess and the EFL should scrap it,its clear to everyone its not fit for purpose. Wage & transfer fee capping is the way forward.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

In my opinion

The rules may not be fit for purpose, but the majority of clubs manage to work within them, whether they like it or not.

Our owner, like some others, chose a spending model that simply wasn't sustainable in the current framework.  So if we are hoping that change will come about because a handful of clubs can't reign in the chequebook, then we might be waiting for some time.

31 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

In my opinion

Man city getting off just shows it's all a waste of time and down to back handers, chansiri get ur hand in pocket 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Good assessment apart from if the points deduction wasn't big enough to relegate us I can't see how the clubs that are relegated have much room for complaint. They have had all season to amass as many points as possible which is every clubs ultimate aim. 

Unfortunately this is why I think a lot of people are misguided when they say the EFL etc won't take enough points off us to relegate us/won't take so many points off us that we don't still have to play for. It doesn't matter when the deduction happens. If we'd started on minus 12 we'd be in the mire now, even though we've had a full season to get enough points. 

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So after today it will be 1 game to go and still no decision. Absolutely shambolic. I just can’t see how they can now give us a point deduction that will send us down. If we have done wrong punish us but not with 1 game left. 

Doesn't matter how many games are left surely? If we're guilty the punishment is whatever it is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

Doesn't matter how many games are left surely? If we're guilty the punishment is whatever it is. 

My thoughts exactly, guilty is guilty, we broke the rules so punish us, learn from it and move on

It’s a bloody mess, if they decide to relegate us at the end of the season there will be appeal after appeal and will cost the EFL a fortune.

if they give us 9,10, or even 12 points and we are still safe then is that really a punishment for  us if guilty?

cant help but think both parties have made errors and it’s a hung decision and SWFC & the EFL are working together so neither loses face. IMO