THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Why the hell do you need to tell the world what you are doing ? 

I find it so weird that people on facebook/twitter have to give the world a running commentary on their lives.

if he has lost the case and he’s posting stuff like this I will be well angry mad. :bullen:

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's even weirder that you're following  De Marco and hanging on his every post to be fair

Who me ? 

Ive just replied to sage owl but it's a question in general.

FYI I followed de marco in hope to find a bit of news in the early days but thanks for reminding me to unfollow him.

* edit just checked and no I dont follow him actually.

Edited by TaxiMark

3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Who me ? 

Ive just replied to sage owl but it's a question in general.

FYI I followed de marco in hope to find a bit of news in the early days but thanks for reminding me to unfollow him.

No - ANYONE who's following him expecting him to drop out any information/hints/facts about our case

He won't

He can't

He won't do it

Not one bit

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No - ANYONE who's following him expecting him to drop out any information/hints/facts about our case

He won't

He can't

He won't do it

Not one bit

Okay thats a fair comment we know this.

But I was on about anyone posting what sauce they are putting on the egg sarnie ...no fker cares. Lol 

Edited by TaxiMark

Just now, TaxiMark said:

Okay thats a fair comment we know this.

But I was on about anyone posting what sauce they are putting on the egg sarnie ...no fker cares. Lol 

Ahhh I guess different people want different things from their social media feeds

The most popular posts you can ever make on social media are food posts, travel posts and positive upbeat stuff so there's clearly a demand for it from the world

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Ahhh I guess different people want different things from their social media feeds

The most popular posts you can ever make on social media are food posts, travel posts and positive upbeat stuff so there's clearly a demand for it from the world

lol

Suppose so.

I just think telling the world that you are in Northampton services having a big mac just seems a bit of a boring thing to read myself ...maybe it's me.

• Like 1

Just now, TaxiMark said:

Suppose so.

I just think telling the world that you are in Northampton services having a big mac just seems a bit of a boring thing to read myself ...maybe it's me.

You're a more demanding reader than most

Most people on social media will press the like button on a photo of  a plate of spaghetti or a photo looking out of a hotel window at the sea

lol

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're a more demanding reader than most

Most people on social media will press the like button on a photo of  a plate of spaghetti or a photo looking out of a hotel window at the sea

lol

Yeah maybe I get bored easily.

Bristol Post

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley-chief-threatens-efl-slams-4339318

Barnsley chief threatens EFL and slams 'cheating’ Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham City

Barnsley co-chairman Paul Conway has slammed the English Football League for their inability to regulate Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham City, labelling their actions as 'cheating'.

The Championship relegation picture remains unclear with two matches left to play this season.

Derby and Sheffield Wednesday are still awaiting the verdicts from their trials over financial misconduct charges, with both clubs vigorously denying the charges, which could lead to a points deduction of up to 21 points.

Equally, Birmingham were found guilty of breaching an EFL financial plan early this year, upon appeal, although no sanctions were issued.

With Wigan Athletic also facing a deduction of 12 points for entering administration, the final league standings could yet look very different despite there being less than a week to run of the normal season.

It was reported earlier this year that Barnsley, who sit bottom of the Championship and on the brink of an immediate return to League One, were prepared to sue the EFL for loss of earnings, if the outstanding legal cases against Wednesday and Derby are not concluded.

Conway has reiterated that the club remains committed to that stance, whilst blasting the EFL for their inability to exact correct punishment for those found guilty of breaching financial regulations.

"You have scam stadium deals, fake sponsorship contracts, delinquent financials, not paying players on time, huge debts and no action," Conway told The Telegraph. "It’s really not good for English football and not encouraging investment.

‘If little old Barnsley and its supporters have to lead the way to clean up English football then we’ll do it by any means necessary. If that has to be litigation, so be it."

He added: "We’ve invested in four football clubs in four countries, and been at the highest level in the Champions League, and frankly England is the worst place to operate.

"Many teams cheat and the league is so weak enforcing its own rules. In most other leagues, not paying players on time is automatic relegation. Administration in France and Spain is relegation by two divisions.

"In England, teams like Derby and Wigan, maybe even Sheffield Wednesday, don’t pay their players [on time] and they don’t receive any penalties.

"A serial offender in Birmingham were found guilty again and what was their punishment? Nothing.

"The whole purpose of the league is to prevent sporting advantages that are unfair. The division is incredibly close and any sporting advantage has a huge impact."

Bristol City's CEO Mark Ashton also sits on the EFL board and the Robins have maintained they are in favour of greater financial governance that enables more clubs to be run in a sustainable fashion.

The club support the idea of a salary cap, or "wage control" as the concept tends to be labelled in football with discussions to be held later this month over an £18m limit for 2020/21.

16 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Suppose so.

I call it the " Look at me, look at me" syndrome. 

• Like 1

"If little old Barnsley and its supporters have to lead the way to clean up English football then we’ll do it by any means necessary. If that has to be litigation, so be it."

Yes, because what football really needs right now is for more lawyers to be brought in.

Jesus, what an embarrassing quote.

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Bristol Post

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley-chief-threatens-efl-slams-4339318

Barnsley chief threatens EFL and slams 'cheating’ Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham City

Barnsley co-chairman Paul Conway has slammed the English Football League for their inability to regulate Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham City, labelling their actions as 'cheating'.

The Championship relegation picture remains unclear with two matches left to play this season.

Derby and Sheffield Wednesday are still awaiting the verdicts from their trials over financial misconduct charges, with both clubs vigorously denying the charges, which could lead to a points deduction of up to 21 points.

Equally, Birmingham were found guilty of breaching an EFL financial plan early this year, upon appeal, although no sanctions were issued.

With Wigan Athletic also facing a deduction of 12 points for entering administration, the final league standings could yet look very different despite there being less than a week to run of the normal season.

It was reported earlier this year that Barnsley, who sit bottom of the Championship and on the brink of an immediate return to League One, were prepared to sue the EFL for loss of earnings, if the outstanding legal cases against Wednesday and Derby are not concluded.

Conway has reiterated that the club remains committed to that stance, whilst blasting the EFL for their inability to exact correct punishment for those found guilty of breaching financial regulations.

"You have scam stadium deals, fake sponsorship contracts, delinquent financials, not paying players on time, huge debts and no action," Conway told The Telegraph. "It’s really not good for English football and not encouraging investment.

‘If little old Barnsley and its supporters have to lead the way to clean up English football then we’ll do it by any means necessary. If that has to be litigation, so be it."

He added: "We’ve invested in four football clubs in four countries, and been at the highest level in the Champions League, and frankly England is the worst place to operate.

"Many teams cheat and the league is so weak enforcing its own rules. In most other leagues, not paying players on time is automatic relegation. Administration in France and Spain is relegation by two divisions.

"In England, teams like Derby and Wigan, maybe even Sheffield Wednesday, don’t pay their players [on time] and they don’t receive any penalties.

"A serial offender in Birmingham were found guilty again and what was their punishment? Nothing.

"The whole purpose of the league is to prevent sporting advantages that are unfair. The division is incredibly close and any sporting advantage has a huge impact."

Bristol City's CEO Mark Ashton also sits on the EFL board and the Robins have maintained they are in favour of greater financial governance that enables more clubs to be run in a sustainable fashion.

The club support the idea of a salary cap, or "wage control" as the concept tends to be labelled in football with discussions to be held later this month over an £18m limit for 2020/21.

Sounds like they are doing what every other owner is doing, fighting for the best system that benefits them.

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

My theory: 

We shouldn't have backdated the stadium sale.

However, the EFL approved the accounts and ok the transaction.

There is no *new* information, just the EFL realising they didnt do their job properly and others kicked off about it.

• Like 4

Just now, SiJ said:

My theory: 

We shouldn't have backdated the stadium sale.

However, the EFL approved the accounts and ok the transaction.

There is no *new* information, just the EFL realising they didnt do their job properly and others kicked off about it.

And now trying to find any information possible to bury us, which is why it’s dragging out for so long. Wouldn’t be surprised 

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Bristol Post

Scam stadium sales and fake sponsorship contracts. I think he has summed it up perfectly to be honest. 

Selling something to yourself is not a sale and setting up companies who don't even trade, earn any money or sell any goods then claim they "pay" for sponsorship is downright taking the p155. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Bristol Post

Lol Barnsley giving it the high and mighty

Only time they should get involved in legal action is when settling family disputes such as whether a 15 year old boy can gain access to see his 4 children/brother and sisters