THE EFL HEARING THREAD

How many more are going to come on here spouting ridiculous "facts" about how we haven't done anything wrong, how we are going to be cleared, and the EFL doesn't have a leg to stand on. Regular clown on Football Heaven even stated " Mr Chansiri doesn't lie". Not sure how he came up with this brilliant bit of scientific knowledge. Put it this way, I'd rather buy a used car off  Arfur Daley than Cheerful Charlie. So lets all just wait and see what happens.

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

So because the fans wanted players DC is absolved of spending money stupidly without thought of consequences? What a load of rubbish. I am sure Spurs fans wanted big names but Daniel Levy wasn't stupid enough to listen. 

To blame fans for the gross overspending of DC is mindblowing.

Did I blame the fans? Did I try to justify DCs actions? I just stated what I believe happened. I never said it was the fans fault.

39 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I would have thought as long as its done before next seasons fixtures are released, then the EFL could relegate a club found guilty of an offence. I don't buy into it having to be done before the season finishes. 

Surely can’t allow a club to go into the transfer window not knowing their division

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, teddybeararmy said:

I've compiled a list of possible scenarios as to why we have had no decision on the hearing, please discuss, contradict, dismiss. 

1. The hearing is still ongoing ( widely reported that it has finished ) 

2. Swfc won the case and the EFL declined to appeal. ( surely this would have been reported immediately by the club) 

3.swfc  won the case and the EFL decided to appeal. (again surely the club would have reported on this)

4.the efl won, the club accepted the result but are negotiating on the punishment. 

5. The efl won, the club then waited for the maximum 14 days before lodging their appeal ( waiting to see if enough points were accumulated on the pitch to negate the punishment). 

6. The efl won, the club know the punishment and are waiting for the season to end before releasing a statement. 

7. None of the above. 

7. it is then....Sid.png.ce4a58b18036e98d9e040ed8890b4572.png.c0de232009804db80dc6b1a6bb78b25f.png

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Surely can’t allow a club to go into the transfer window not knowing their division

it seems absolutely ridiculous, what planning can be done? I don't suppose the panel give one jot about that though.

7 minutes ago, geriatricowl said:

Did I blame the fans? Did I try to justify DCs actions? I just stated what I believe happened. I never said it was the fans fault.

It sure read like that, but whatever you say.

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm sorry but some of the comments in this thread are ridiculous

I'm reading people suggesting the current issues at Sheffield Wednesday are the FANS fault?

WTF?!!!

Unfortunately it'll be the fans that will be punished. 

Just checking the Stir and seen this article

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/championship-chief-blasts-cheating-sheffield-wednesday-birmingham-ace-ps2275m-dortmund-deal-derby-county-boss-eyes-three-2917526

The headline is "Championship chief BLASTS 'cheating' Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham ace in £22.75m Dortmund deal, Derby County boss eyes three"

Can anyone tell we exactly where in that article Wednesday are accused of cheating?? :ghoulguy:

Joke of a paper

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

How many more are going to come on here spouting ridiculous "facts" about how we haven't done anything wrong, how we are going to be cleared, and the EFL doesn't have a leg to stand on. Regular clown on Football Heaven even stated " Mr Chansiri doesn't lie". Not sure how he came up with this brilliant bit of scientific knowledge. Put it this way, I'd rather buy a used car off  Arfur Daley than Cheerful Charlie. So lets all just wait and see what happens.

As someone who hopes we will come out of this 'winning' but I'm certainly no DC sycophant. I think you are misreading the situation here, most or I hope most, realise we have a well meaning, but foolish owner, who is being advised down the wrong path constantly. Unless you know otherwise and have seen the evidence I haven't, We The Club are maintaining what we did was sanctioned and have evidence to back it up. I choose to stand behind the professional expertise that created this deal and the QC's ability to put it to the independent panel that we did everything as allowed - until I hear otherwise 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Looking relaxing, basking in the glow of? 

In the reflection in his glasses you can see papers in front of him, the top one is a letter from DC saying “thanks for all your efforts Nick, please find attached cheque as agreed for your win bonus; I’ll use some of the compo from the EFL to pay it!”

lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/championship-chief-blasts-cheating-sheffield-wednesday-birmingham-ace-ps2275m-dortmund-deal-derby-county-boss-eyes-three-2917526

The headline is "Championship chief BLASTS 'cheating' Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham ace in £22.75m Dortmund deal, Derby County boss eyes three"

Can anyone tell we exactly where in that article Wednesday are accused of cheating?? :ghoulguy:

Joke of a paper

Bit depressing that since Birmingham have been in FFP trouble theyve sold Jota, Adams and Bellingham for over £40M 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Bit depressing that since Birmingham have been in FFP trouble theyve sold Jota, Adams and Bellingham for over £40M 

true, we always seem to do the opposite and turn half decent players in to shocking ones or pay big money for ones at the end of their career. 😞

3 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Joke of a paper

Ridiculous Click Bait  complete rag, hate the site it's unreadable 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Joke of a paper

Barnsley co-chairman Paul Conway has hit out at the EFL and clubs including Sheffield Wednesday regarding financial fair play. The Owls were one of the teams namechecked for ‘cheating’. Not being punished for failing to do such things as paying players. (Telegraph)

• Like 1