THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

When we bought him he couldn't get in the Middlesborough side, so hows that doing well at this level?

Had a very good loan spell at Preston. I am not certain but was it the time when Boro were in the premier league?

41 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Bit depressing that since Birmingham have been in FFP trouble theyve sold Jota, Adams and Bellingham for over £40M 

39 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Whilst we’ve let our best players leave on free transfers! 😭😂

Equally depressing for me is that none of our best players have been as young and talented as the ones mentioned above - which is why Birmingham achieved such a healthy return.

• Like 1

Guest mkowl
31 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

anyone close to where he is fancying paying him a visit, kidnapping him and putting him on a lie detector and asking him some pressing questions? :bullen:

I could get there in an hour 

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Sorry, I may have misunderstood because I haven't seen the article. Was it a general article about COVID-19 that did not really have anything to do with football? Or did it more specifically relate to some aspect of Sheffield Wednesday?

Nothing to do with football at all from what I remember.

They didn’t do the same when the number of deaths matched the capacity of the Arena, The Ronseal Rotherham Stadium, the former Don Valley Stadium or The Lane.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Reach is only 27. To be fair when we bought him he had been doing well well at this level. 

He's done well at this level for us, but our managers never stick with him in the same place. He's always sacrificed for the team, and then crucified for it.

Those goals at Aston Villa and against Leeds were not flukes. 

We should be starting him up front.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Miffed said:

Nothing to do with football at all from what I remember.

They didn’t do the same when the number of deaths matched the capacity of the Arena, The Ronseal Rotherham Stadium, the former Don Valley Stadium or The Lane.

Nor when it matched the number of subscribers to The Star website....

Oh hang on; I’m pretty sure you need more than six people for an outbreak to be classed as an epidemic!

lol

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
34 minutes ago, Modfather100 said:

I just dont see the EFL pursuing us and Derby unless it seemed in their eyes that we had clearly done something wrong.

The pessimism in me maybe but contrary to what some believe the EFL do not have it in for us or Derby. We are just 2 of the bigger clubs in their league structure. They only put a case against us if we have broken thd rules and their is evidemce to suggest that.

I have liitle doubt we're in the wrong. It's how much and what mitigation is there in what we believed we had permission to do. 

As previous I just hope any sanctions against us are next season now.

I think they have every right to question what we did, how and when.

Got to remember behind the scenes in all this is various deadlines where provisional information is sent, then final figures for the year prior to separate reporting by auditors.

So if we sent "final" figures for 2018 by 1st December 2018 - the first deadline in all this and that did not include any reference to a stadium sale then 🤔

It is all conjecture, outside the Club, the EFL and possibly some advisors no one actually knows what was sent and when.

Like I have no idea what information is available that justified the stadium sale

I have my views on all this, but it is impossible to judge really without that evidence. 

33 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

To be fair, that doesn't sound like a slur aimed at Sheffield Wednesday. It is common media practice to compare numbers with sports' stadia capacities because it is something that people can relate to. 

Typical example:

"To put that in perspective, the number of people affected could fill Wembley Stadium twice"

I see that kind of thing loads of times.

As a small line to put something into perspective maybe. The Star ran it as a major news story headline with a picture of the ground on the front page of the website, a ground that some will always relate to a tragic incident. Also this was at a time when the virus was seriously impacting the entire country and causing worry for many. It was a little ill-judged and insensitive I feel.

1 minute ago, modboy said:

I fear it's at either end of the scale. 

Either we have been found not guilty and they are appealing OR they have given us a ridiculously high points deduction and we are appealing

I think the Panel have got into the same box as that Schrödinger's cat!
lol

22 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Was interesting to analyse they didnt do the same articles when the death toll hit any other local club. 

Apparently they did though it wasn't such a big article with Rotherham & Ut'd grounds perhaps because the number of deaths were lower?! Amazingly when some people on twitter questioned the Star about the article posting links to these previous articles was their response to try and justify it rather than admitting that they may have been a tad insensitive. 

19 hours ago, Big Jack said:

Barnsley chairman should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. Trying to interfere in EFL matters. Be hilarious if he was lol 

Needs to be careful calling chairmen cheats especially if any or all of them are found not guilty. Could end up in court.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Are you on the panel ? What about innocent until proven guilty??

My response was merely based on the fact that IF we are found guilty dont beat around the bush because it will relegate us just punish it and make it hurt the chairman for his mistakes, I was replying to somebody's comment on the basis that IF we are found guilty...

9 minutes ago, modboy said:

I fear it's at either end of the scale. 

Either we have been found not guilty and they are appealing OR they have given us a ridiculously high points deduction and we are appealing

If there had been a verdict it would have been published, then either side would have appealed, so presumably the verdict hasn't been reached yet

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

Had a very good loan spell at Preston. I am not certain but was it the time when Boro were in the premier league?

He couldn't get in the side Season 15/16, prior to promotion of 16/17, he had been loaned out for every Season prior to 

promotion, and when they did get promoted they got rid.

Edited by daleblue

4 minutes ago, sage owl said:

£500 Per night  pp for evening meal bed & breakfast, drinks not included  !.

Might have had a nice win bonus. 

Why the hell do you need to tell the world what you are doing ? 

I find it so weird that people on facebook/twitter have to give the world a running commentary on their lives.

• Like 4