THE EFL HEARING THREAD

22 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Slight contradiction there I think, not sure you do/should respect opinions you find moronic....

Anyway, I was pointing out in 2016 I felt our owner was out of his depth and our first full season really covered up the cracks on really what was a shambles behind the scenes.

I feel it has taken a lot on here until now to realise he's a big problem, worried again it will be 3 or 4 years down the line of chaos before people realise again, and believe me it will happen, and Neil won't be deleting threads calling for him to go, because there will be a lot of them.

what about your MM posts calling for him to go?

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

There is a MASSIVE myth that we have somehow spent loads of money and wasted it.

We have in the context of OUR recent history but we haven’t in the context of our peers and fuckedup modern football.

We are midtable in the Championship.

It's the ridiculous wages and length of contracts handed out that's done for us.

• Like 5

Just now, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

It's the ridiculous wages and length of contracts handed out that's done for us.

I agree totally but all I’m trying to say it’s the world we have been living in.

Some have done better, some have done worse.

We are by no means the worst.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Does anyone know who we appeal to if we lose?

Is it the same panel that have just over turned City's European ban?

It’s same - 3 person independent panel, we can put forward one of them

• Thanks 1

The player we should’ve sold was Forestieri,  at the time though... the meltdown on here would’ve been absolute scenes 

The owners lack of experience let him down on that one,  would’ve been down the road with most other chairman 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

He’s much better (Palmer) although wasn’t Wilder after him at one point too.

Palmer is most definitely not better than Hunt. More versatile positionally? Yes. Better at right back or right full back? Not a chance.

Edited by Minton
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I get that too but there was uproar on here when we sold Jack Hunt ffs.

There's 'uproar' at every club when a good player is sold. So much so in fact that to describe it as uproar is actually a little disingenuous. Your use of FFS suggests this is something of a defence of the chairman's policy. As in 'you just can't please some people FFS'.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Minton said:

Palmer is most definitely not better than Hunt. More versatile positionally? Yes. Better at right back or right full back? Not a chance.

I beg to differ but all about opinions.

Not too much in it tbh but I think Palmer is better.  Much better injury record too.

Not seen Hunt pull any trees up at Bristol City either when I’ve watched them.

One of those players who thinks he’s better than he is whereas Palmer just gets on with it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jaybeeowl said:

There's 'uproar' at every club when a good player is sold. So much so in fact that to describe it as uproar is actually a little disingenuous. Your use of FFS suggests this is something of a defence of the chairman's policy. As in 'you just can't please some people FFS'.

No. We cashed in on a pretty average player and folk kicked off.

That was my point.