THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

So there is the distinct possibility that the season ends up finishing and we are then hit with a points deduction thereafter? 

What a farce. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

So there is the distinct possibility that the season ends up finishing and we are then hit with a points deduction thereafter? 

What a farce. 

Cant see it, DC would appeal and how long would that take, we would be into next season before the appeal is heard, so that's not a possibility

So it will either be this season, and not relegate us, or next season, then the appeal will not have an effect on next seasons planning

5 hours ago, dorian gray said:

yeah! it's a pity the boke in charge for the period when we got the 39 points isn't still in the post, OH! hold on.....

I think you’ll find Bullen got 9 of those points. Sorry to be pedantic Dorian but I’m sure you won’t mind? 😉

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

I'm still of the opinion that I'd rather start next season on minus points in the championship than be in league 1. 

100% agree with this. At least we would have the rest of next season to claw them back rather than have 3 or less games to do it this season. 

Here's a scenario ..

Boro visit us on the final day needing points to stay up. We beat them and down they go in 22nd place and we all sit back and look forward to building for a new season ... Only then do the panel/EFL announce their decision to deduct us 12 points which reprieves Boro and sends us down!

Only at Wednesday :duntmatter:

2 minutes ago, erowl said:

Here's a scenario ..

Boro visit us on the final day needing points to stay up. We beat them and down they go in 22nd place and we all sit back and look forward to building for a new season ... Only then do the panel/EFL announce their decision to deduct us 12 points which reprieves Boro and sends us down!

Only at Wednesday :duntmatter:

That’s a situation the EFL are staring in the face if they can’t get a resolution to this ASAP 

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

That’s a situation the EFL are staring in the face if they can’t get a resolution to this ASAP 

Yep. There’s a storm brewing either way and the EFL only have themselves to blame. They can (and do) basically what they want, BUT deducting points to relegate a team after the season is done - when the hearing took place a month before, would really be something else 

Guest gizowl

Which clubs will be financially stable to start next season without season ticket money and pay on the gate revenue especially league one and two ,the Wigan scandal to deal with, the administrators have already lodged an appeal. Our issue to resolve, Derbys, Reading. They have so many plates spinning all near to smashing on the floor. I bet they ve  given the whiskey some hammer this week. They've been so high and mighty over the years but they are now going to reap what they sow. Ask Bury and Macclesfield supporters if they have any sympathy for the useless toohats. 

7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

She is an attention seeking pathetic idiot. 

I usually find that, if you ignore people like that for long enough, they invariably lose interest and go away.

She‘s clearly got no more “inside” info than anyone else on this forum , so let’s just pretend we haven’t seen her posts.

• Like 1

People saying about an appeal, or anything else, pushing any potential deduction into next season need to remember why the hearing was brought forward. There’s huge pressure from other teams on the EFL to apply any possible punishment into this season, and not next. Even if we appeal, or the decision is announced after the Boro game, I still think any deduction will be put into this season regardless. It’s less hassle for the EFL to upset one team (Us) and not a handful (Boro, Barnsley, whoever else jumped on the bandwagon). 

• Like 1