THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest gizowl
14 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Edit

Just realised the EFL are still appealing the Birmingham case where they were found innocent - that still hasn’t been heard yet also. So I guess teams can appeal, if the EFL can. 

That also adds Brum into the mix of teams with a hearing hanging over them and a possible points deduction 

Another headache for the EFL. Incompetence at its finest. Bet they have all on deciding what to have for tea.

2 minutes ago, doubleo said:

I thought Reading had but I stand corrected. Sorry if I'm wrong.

No, a lot of people say they’ve been charged. But a google search only finds us, Derby and Birmingham (which is an appeal by the EFL). 

Cant find any info on Reading 

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Better still then, tell me how this brilliant manager gets thirty points before Christmas and only gets sixteen so far since. Good managers don't go from the sublime to the ridiculous and as a result put our championship status at risk.

I think the needle has got stuck, as once again. it's ALL Monks fault. I'm sure some one ITK said before he took over from Bullen he was working in our accounts department, doing a bit of player recruitment on the side. What else can we hang on him ?

Have you seen the comments from Iorfa today ? Players are behind manager, although occasionally things don't go to plan, But WTF does he know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Another headache for the EFL. Incompetence at its finest. Bet they have all on deciding what to have for tea.

Yep. 3 teams at least charged or still facing an appeal. Arguably Brums appeal should have been dealt with before our case because there’s has been dragging on for longer. 

If we finish above Reading but docked points which relegates us and then Reading are charged but not till next season.

Have we been punished for having our case heard first. It appears a tad unfair. 

Or will the new season only start when all cases have been heard and dealt with.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

Guest gizowl
10 minutes ago, vulva said:

Thing is, unless DC changes his ways and gets some help, even if we ‘escape’ this year, we will be in the same place again soon enough. 

Yes DC needs to take a long hard look in the mirror, he either sells up or hires a director of football, someone experienced and respected in the British game  gives him a  budget and becomes a silent investor and takes Paixo and Doyen with him. Someone like Bruce, Hughton, even Warnock knows the game inside out and how a club should be run. 

Guest gizowl
4 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

If we finish above Reading but docked points which relegates us and then Reading are charged but not till next season.

Or will the new season only start when all cases have been heard and dealt with.

What a can of worms  the EFL are in total disarray. 

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, Dot said:

Birmingham were found not guilty

the EFL appealed and Birmingham were then found guilty but just given a telling off

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/june/efl-statement-birmingham-city/

basically a face saving exercise from the EFL 

Was this for their breech of financial conditions imposed by the EFL? Where they didnt sell a player - and did it later - receiving more for the player than they would have when the EFL wanted them to sell him?

You can't actually believe the EFL would appeal that when they were so clearly wrong.

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I think the needle has got stuck, as once again. it's ALL Monks fault. I'm sure some one ITK said before he took over from Bullen he was working in our accounts department, doing a bit of player recruitment on the side. What else can we hang on him ?

Have you seen the comments from Iorfa today ? Players are behind manager, although occasionally things don't go to plan, But WTF does he know.

As if Iorfa is going to say anything negative about Monk in public? Are the local media going to go public with any concerns they may have that Monk may not be the right manager? No, of course not but our record since Christmas reads P20 W4 D4 L12 F20 A39 Pts16. If that record is acceptable in your eyes then fair play to you?

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Was this for their breech of financial conditions imposed by the EFL? Where they didnt sell a player - and did it later - receiving more for the player than they would have when the EFL wanted them to sell him?

You can't actually believe the EFL would appeal that when they were so clearly wrong.

I think we shouldn't be surprised at anything they do, they are becoming a laughing stock, total buffoons. 

13 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Nah. It looks like Reading are facing a charge when the next accounts go in, for 2018/19. They’ll have broken PnS for 3 seasons same as us, but 17 - 19 where as ours is 16 - 18

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

As if Iorfa is going to say anything negative about Monk in public? Are the local media going to go public with any concerns they may have that Monk may not be the right manager? No, of course not but our record since Christmas reads P20 W4 D4 L12 F20 A39 Pts16. If that record is acceptable in your eyes then fair play to you?

I never said it was acceptable ,so instead of putting words in other people's mouths, why not look beyond the manager. 

56 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

If Chansiri has managed to escape a points deduction, would we class selling the ground as a good move??

On balance it’s a ‘No’ from me.  Depending what’s in 18/19 accounts, we may be heading towards a points deduction next season and the uncertainty caused by this whole fiasco has certainly killed this season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

On balance it’s a ‘No’ from me.  Depending what’s in 18/19 accounts, we may be heading towards a points deduction next season and the uncertainty caused by this whole fiasco has certainly killed this season.

If we are deemed to have done right and the stadium sale is ok, we won’t break PnS rules when the 2018/19 accounts are published. We lost £21m in 2017, £35m in 2018 and whatever the losses are for 2019. Then factor in the £60m for the stadium sale we’d be high and dry. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

They won't be relegating us.

The lack of points will relegate us.

If they apply the points deduction based on their published criteria (that we have signed up to) I'd imagine it would be fairly hard to have a successful appeal

Wasn’t tryna suggest he would be successful, I’d imagine like urself it would be fairly hard 

Under normal circumstances I wouldn’t expect it would stop him though,  though I have heard tonight again that he may not be around very long after result regardless of outcome 

Edited by Guest