THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

If they plan on relegating us after the season has ended Chansiri has probably already told them to expect court case 

They won't be relegating us.

The lack of points will relegate us.

If they apply the points deduction based on their published criteria (that we have signed up to) I'd imagine it would be fairly hard to have a successful appeal

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

If they apply the points deduction based on their published criteria (that we have signed up to) I'd imagine it would be fairly hard to have a successful appeal

Alas, if they do it after the final day of the season - the bookies won’t pay out

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Alas, if they do it after the final day of the season - the bookies won’t pay out

Have you seen that confirmed?

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

so remind me, who got the thirity then?

Better still then, tell me how this brilliant manager gets thirty points before Christmas and only gets sixteen so far since. Good managers don't go from the sublime to the ridiculous and as a result put our championship status at risk.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

If they plan on relegating us after the season has ended Chansiri has probably already told them to expect court case 

Aye, our legal team is stockpiling the icing sugar and cherries as we speak. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Better still then, tell me how this brilliant manager gets thirty points before Christmas and only gets sixteen so far since. Good managers don't go from the sublime to the ridiculous and as a result put our championship status at risk.

i already have, and more than once, but i'll gladly repeat for you.

fletcher was his only forward of any note, once he picked up his injury we had nothing in reserve worthy of being called a decent championship attacker.

as far as i can see no side can, or could expect to stay in contention with the high flyers without a forward of any note whatsoever.

the criticism was bound to fall on monk, as some had daggers drawn already awaiting their opportunity as his appointment didn't suit them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Surely it’s not going to be left until the season is over. It’s absolutely crazy that we have 3 games left, a week and a half of the season and it still isn’t sorted. We need to know if we are having points deducted so the players and management know what they have to do in the remaining 3 games to make sure we stay up. 

Guest Grandad

I wouldnt be at all surprised if the EFL have done a deal with the betting companies to not announce the relegation until after the season ends - that will void those bets.

Some of the betting companies are affiliates of the EFL - maybe they've done a deal to avoid them losing a chunk of cash

Edited by Grandad

28 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

People saying about an appeal, or anything else, pushing any potential deduction into next season need to remember why the hearing was brought forward. There’s huge pressure from other teams on the EFL to apply any possible punishment into this season, and not next. Even if we appeal, or the decision is announced after the Boro game, I still think any deduction will be put into this season regardless. It’s less hassle for the EFL to upset one team (Us) and not a handful (Boro, Barnsley, whoever else jumped on the bandwagon). 

There's 3 games, 10 days to the end of the season. I believe the new season begins 29 August, just 5 weeks later. If they apply a points penalty that sent us down, after the season had finished, I think DC would appeal. Bearing in mind how long the present fiasco has taken I can't see how they could arrange an appeal, be given time to put their case together, hear the appeal and then come to a decision all in the space of 5 weeks. In the meantime us and another club would be heading towards the new season not even knowing which division they were in. The EFL seem to be painting themselves into a corner.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I wouldnt be at all surprised if the EFL have done a deal with the betting companies to not announce the relegation until after the season ends - that will void those bets.

Some of the betting companies are affiliates of the EFL - maybe they've done a deal to avoid them losing a chunk of cash

Possible. 

Haven’t looked at B365 but generally their T&Cs are same I think

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, doubleo said:

There's 3 games, 10 days to the end of the season. I believe the new season begins 29 August, just 5 weeks later. If they apply a points penalty that sent us down, after the season had finished, I think DC would appeal. Bearing in mind how long the present fiasco has taken I can't see how they could arrange an appeal, be given time to put their case together, hear the appeal and then come to a decision all in the space of 5 weeks. In the meantime us and another club would be heading towards the new season not even knowing which division they were in. The EFL seem to be painting themselves into a corner.

Or they say - fine- appeal. You will play in League One until it is heard

Just now, Grandad said:

Or they say - fine- appeal. You will play in League One until it is heard

A bit risky for the EFL. Imagine if we won the appeal though. DC would have to get his calculator out for te compo.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

i already have, and more than once, but i'll gladly repeat for you.

fletcher was his only forward of any note, once he picked up his injury we had nothing in reserve worthy of being called a decent championship attacker.

as far as i can see no side can, or could expect to stay in contention with the high flyers without a forward of any note whatsoever.

the criticism was bound to fall on monk, as some had daggers drawn already awaiting their opportunity as his appointment didn't suit them.

I haven't seen this post you're talking about with all due respect. That said you could argue a lack of flexibility in his approach cost us when Fletcher got injured but you'll only argue another point in his favour so I won't bother 😀

33 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Im pretty sure it isn't going to come to all that. 

14 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I found sky bets T&Cs other week. It specifically said bets were settled on table after final day. Owt that happens after that will be void 

I said this yonks ago yet still some were lumping on...the odds given was the give- away.

All the main bookies will have the same rules.

The only hope (for the traitors ) 😁

is we are deducted 12 or more points before last match....assuming we lose, which we won't or relegated naturally which we won't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I said this yonks ago yet still some were lumping on...the odds given was the give- away.

All the main bookies will have the same rules.

The only hope (for the traitors ) 😁

is we are deducted 12 or more points before last match....assuming we lose, which we won't or relegated naturally which we won't.

Well, woopy doo you