THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest gizowl
50 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

People saying about an appeal, or anything else, pushing any potential deduction into next season need to remember why the hearing was brought forward. There’s huge pressure from other teams on the EFL to apply any possible punishment into this season, and not next. Even if we appeal, or the decision is announced after the Boro game, I still think any deduction will be put into this season regardless. It’s less hassle for the EFL to upset one team (Us) and not a handful (Boro, Barnsley, whoever else jumped on the bandwagon). 

But they are only going to appease one club if they relegate us it's only going to save who finish third bottom. 

3 minutes ago, gizowl said:

But they are only going to appease one club if they relegate us it's only going to save who finish third bottom. 

Try telling all the clubs that have reportedly complained to the EFL about us so much that the hearing got moved forward. It’s obviously more than a bitter 1 or 2 trying to stave off relegation. 

Edited by NeonLeon

I wonder if they're waiting to see what happens with the Macclesfield case. There, the panel specifically stated that they did not think what they'd done was serious enough to merit relegation, so they deducted them only 2 points. But the EFL has appealed this. Of course, this is the problem with points deductions: a points deduction that leads to the team concerned getting relegated, or missing out on promotion, is vastly more punitive than the same deduction given to a team for the same offence that simply leads to that team finishing, say, 17th rather than 9th.

Guest gizowl
8 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Try telling all the clubs that have reportedly complained to the EFL about us so much that the hearing got moved forward. It’s obviously more than a bitter 1 or 2 trying to stave off relegation. 

Yes but at the end of the day whoever finishes bottom or second to bottom they are still relegated and they have only themselves to blame, they have had months to change their fortunes around. Still only one club will benefit if they relegated us but the injustice will be on us because they have left the decision till the last minute with no time for us to recover and know for definate what we needed to do.

Edited by gizowl

Just now, gizowl said:

Yes but at the end of the day whoever finishes bottom or second to bottom they are still relegated and they have only themselves to blame, they have had months to change their fortunes around. Still only one club will benefit if they relegated us but the injustice will be on us because they have left the decision till the last minute with no time for us to recover. 

Yep. Barnsley, Boro etc complained because they might be in the doo daa themselves, but ultimately only 1 will be affected if we do / don’t drop into the bottom 3

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Yep. Barnsley, Boro etc complained because they might be in the doo daa themselves, but ultimately only 1 will be affected if we do / don’t drop into the bottom 3

Correct they all spat their dummies out because they weren't confident they could save themselves, the chairman of these clubs must have been chatting to Mcsue. 

3 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Correct they all spat their dummies out because they weren't confident they could save themselves, the chairman of these clubs must have been chatting to Mcsue. 

They’ll kick off even more if we get a deduction and stay up

1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

People saying about an appeal, or anything else, pushing any potential deduction into next season need to remember why the hearing was brought forward. There’s huge pressure from other teams on the EFL to apply any possible punishment into this season, and not next. Even if we appeal, or the decision is announced after the Boro game, I still think any deduction will be put into this season regardless. It’s less hassle for the EFL to upset one team (Us) and not a handful (Boro, Barnsley, whoever else jumped on the bandwagon). 

They cant relegate us until the appeal has been heard, because if they win how will they reinstate us in the championship and relegate another team after the season starts

For that reason only, if there is a points deduction and we appeal, and we lose, the points deduction will be next season

2 minutes ago, the third man said:

They cant relegate us until the appeal has been heard, because if they win how will they reinstate us in the championship and relegate another team after the season starts

For that reason only, if there is a points deduction and we appeal, and we lose, the points deduction will be next season

People keep talking about appeals. 

Are clubs allowed an appeal? It ain’t a given if the rules don’t mention it. Having said that, if we can and we do and they can’t deduct the points til next season I’ll laugh my b****x off

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

People keep talking about appeals. 

Are clubs allowed an appeal? It ain’t a given if the rules don’t mention it. Having said that, if we can and we do and they can’t deduct the points til next season I’ll laugh my b****x off

Edit

Just realised the EFL are still appealing the Birmingham case where they were found innocent - that still hasn’t been heard yet also. So I guess teams can appeal, if the EFL can. 

That also adds Brum into the mix of teams with a hearing hanging over them and a possible points deduction 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Edit

Just realised the EFL are still appealing the Birmingham case where they were found innocent - that still hasn’t been heard yet also. So I guess teams can appeal, if the EFL can. 

That also adds Brum into the mix of teams with a hearing hanging over them and a possible points deduction 

What with Derby, Reading, us, possibly Villa and think Bournemouth and Birmingham all facing possible points deduction, next season is going to be fun. Add to that Wigan and half the division will starting on minus points. Crazy.

2 minutes ago, doubleo said:

What with Derby, Reading, us, possibly Villa and think Bournemouth and Birmingham all facing possible points deduction, next season is going to be fun. Add to that Wigan and half the division will starting on minus points. Crazy.

Maybe we can finally get promoted if everyone else starts with minus points? xD

3 minutes ago, doubleo said:

I can’t find anything to show Reading have been charged?