THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

On the player Contract ,Did anyone see the Panorama  program ,Exposing people having money paid into banks in the Cayman islands to avoid tax. Wayne Rooney was exposed while playing for Man united .He was shown to work for Wayne Rooney  company ,That way by working for his company ,By doing this he saved on tax . It stated his Wages were paid into the Cayman island Bank ,No apologies ,Or threats from Rooney  so i just thought it was true ,After the program ,He went to the USA ,

Don’t think there’s anything illegal in that. 

It’s also why they started getting paid image rights, for selling merchandise with their names in etc - into offshore accounts. 

41 minutes ago, pahowl said:

According to The Daily Telegraph the decision or our case will be announced at same time as Derby's verdict (case starts next week). In order that one decision does not prejudice the other. So I can't see anything being announced until after the final games

Why couldn't they run the two hearings in parallel, both decisions then at the same time, don't impact on each other... not rocket science

Just now, Essix Blue said:

Don’t think there’s anything illegal in that. 

It’s also why they started getting paid image rights, for selling merchandise with their names in etc - into offshore accounts. 

Just got me thinking about player contracts ,Because if the tax man cometh ,What is the saying only  sure things in life Death and Taxes 

1 minute ago, S1Owl said:

maybe they wait for us to be mathematically safe before sticking the knife in

Yes they’ve got to be sure of how many points it’ll take to relegate us

This wouldn’t surprise me at all

corrupt phookers 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

On the player Contract ,Did anyone see the Panorama  program ,Exposing people having money paid into banks in the Cayman islands to avoid tax. Wayne Rooney was exposed while playing for Man united .He was shown to work for Wayne Rooney  company ,That way by working for his company ,By doing this he saved on tax . It stated his Wages were paid into the Cayman island Bank ,No apologies ,Or threats from Rooney  so i just thought it was true ,After the program ,He went to the USA ,

Yes I was aware of the Rooney thing some time ago. I might be wrong but I thought the FA had now put a stop on such practices.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Just got me thinking about player contracts ,Because if the tax man cometh ,What is the saying only  sure things in life Death and Taxes 

One you can swerve, the other you can't. 

34 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

maybe they wait for us to be mathematically safe before sticking the knife in

Basically cutting off any escape route by knowing what we would need from last three games to survive. 

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Basically cutting off any escape route by knowing what we would need from last three games to survive. 

Not sure they would work it that way.

The waiting until Derbys decision would be strange as the fact they must know the decision can't bit help influence any case against them. This wait8ng around even if not guilty will mess our planning for next season, which players can we go after etc.cant see any decent player coming if LG 1 football beckons.

The whole thing has been an absolute shambles from the EFL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We have to go for it and win on Tuesday night and the same against Boro, the Fulham game is a free hit with anything from that being a bonus.

Unlikely we would get this, but but 6 points would probably make us safe even if we get -12

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

We have to go for it and win on Tuesday night and the same against Boro, the Fulham game is a free hit with anything from that being a bonus.

Unlikely we would get this, but but 6 points would probably make us safe even if we get -12

If we get -9 I think we’ll be ok. 

-12 and it’s gonna be bloody tight and we’ll no doubt need something from the last game. Crystal Palace all over again 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Pretty sure with a guilty verdict the absolute minimum we’d get is -9, because of the amount we’d be over the limit. It’s more or less set in stone on a sliding scale, it has been posted on here before I’m sure. The unknown part is the aggravating  circumstances - have we deliberately tried to evade / dodge / whatever, the efl. That part is open to interpretation and can be (I think) upto an additional 12 points BUT some or all of this part can be suspended. 

As I say, I’m thinking back to when this has been posted before from the EFL website. I may be wrong. 

Edited by Essix Blue
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, horny owl said:

Yes they’ve got to be sure of how many points it’ll take to relegate us

This wouldn’t surprise me at all

corrupt phookers 

I think that it could be the complete opposite.  They want to give us a serious points deduction but not relegate us. 

41 minutes ago, sage owl said:

I think that it could be the complete opposite.  They want to give us a serious points deduction but not relegate us. 

Our problem is we arnt charged with the standard breach of FFP. Ours is a misconduct charge where the punishent could be anything from no points deduction to expulsion from the EFL. That is clearly stated on the EFL website.