THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Wasn’t tryna suggest he would be successful, I’d imagine like urself it would be fairly hard 

Won’t stop him though I’d have thought, heard something tonight though off someone who looks after the DC family when in Sheffield , backs up as I’ve said a few times , won’t be around very long after EFL result regardless of outcome 

Not sure what you mean? The Chairman won't be?

6 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

If we are deemed to have done right and the stadium sale is ok, we won’t break PnS rules when the 2018/19 accounts are published. We lost £21m in 2017, £35m in 2018 and whatever the losses are for 2019. Then factor in the £60m for the stadium sale we’d be high and dry. 

Do EFL fines contribute to overall loss in a given year? 

This is the way i see it and hopefully this is how it will turn out. No points deduction, just a hefty fine. 

Lets hope Chansiri has done the business. 😀

33 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I never said it was acceptable ,so instead of putting words in other people's mouths, why not look beyond the manager. 

Where have I put words in other people’s mouths? I’m just saying if any player or local journalist has a negative comment about the current manager they aren’t going to go public with it, which you wouldn’t expect them to?

As for looking beyond the manager, are you suggesting I look at the Chairman or are you one of the those fans who are convinced that everything is down to Hutchinson and Westwood?

Bottom line I accept there are fans like yourself who rate Monk. I don’t, is that fair enough for you or am I still putting words in your mouth? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Just now, Brad_owl said:

Do EFL fines contribute to overall loss in a given year? 

This is the way i see it and hopefully this is how it will turn out. No points deduction, just a hefty fine. 

Lets hope Chansiri has done the business. 😀

Don’t get what you mean. 

But clubs are allowed losses of £39m over a rolling 3 year period. 

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Don’t get what you mean. 

But clubs are allowed losses of £39m over a rolling 3 year period. 

From my very limited grasp on it. 

2017 -£21m

2018 -£35m

Total -£56m

With the 2018 stadium sale of £60m this gives us a £4m surplus for those 2 years. 

If 2019 is under -£43m then we comply with FFP. 

If say we get just a fine then is that not a good result?

Feel free to correct if have the above wrong. 

19 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

If we are deemed to have done right and the stadium sale is ok, we won’t break PnS rules when the 2018/19 accounts are published. We lost £21m in 2017, £35m in 2018 and whatever the losses are for 2019. Then factor in the £60m for the stadium sale we’d be high and dry. 

Except I don’t think it’s £60m, after including stadium sale I believe we made a small profit in 17/18.  If 18/19 is anywhere close to what 17/18 would have been without selling ground then we are back in trouble.

2 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

2017 -£21m

2018 -£35m

Total -£56m

With the 2018 stadium sale of £60m this gives us a £4m surplus for those 2 years. 

Numerically it may be good. For the club of over 150 years I fear it might be disastrous.

10 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Well he did put us up for sale 18 months ago

He did, nowt else around how or why or when , Just told may be gone sooner rather than later 

1 minute ago, Brad_owl said:

2017 -£21m

2018 -£35m

Total -£56m

Seems about right to me, the issue is when was the stadium sold and therefore what year should it going into the accounts. It's confusing because when the sale is completed the registration takes longer to be processed, hen  ce time delay over all the paperwork. It's as clear as mud.

Guest Grandad
13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

He did, nowt else around how or why or when , Just told may be gone sooner rather than later 

I was told by a fairly reliable person that he has threatened admin if the EFL pursue a points deduction.

Regardless of that as I don't pay too much notice to rumours - administration would write off his right to repayment of the many many millions hes invested. That would be a very bitter pill to swallow for him and what makes admin unlikely.

HOWEVER

Right now hes throwing £3-£4million a month down the plughole of our wages bill. Yes - he saddled us with a bill of that size. But by the time fans are allowed back in the ground he could well have chucked 8 months of that at us - and thats not sustainable for anybody. he does have an ace up his sleeve - in that hes separated the stadium from the club - and could presumably sell the stadium to any new buyer using the company thats bought it - thereby seeing a return

But this is where it gets murky. The stadium sale saw a staged payment over (I think it was 8 - maybe 10) years - and you'd imagine that would mean an administrator would insist that the stadium ownership may have to be returned to them - as he would be a debtor.  UNLESS the money hes been throwing at the club since lockdown has been classified as payments against the stadium.

Its all very murky - and its a bloody mess. And to be fair to him - not ALL of his own making. Covid-19 hasnt helped in the slightest.

But administration would potentially be awful for all fans who have supported the level of spending over the last few years. Club 1867. 10 years season tickets, 5 year season tickets, 3 years season tickets - and everybody who has already renewed. It is feasible that the monies they have paid could be lost in admin and the tickets not honoured. Thats my biggest worry.

Multi millionaires flooding into British football looking to make a quick buck by getting their teams in the Premier League get no sympathy from me.

Thousands of loyal Wednesday fans who have bought into the dream - they do. Many of them spend a huge proportion of their income on following Wednesday.

Edited by Grandad

1 hour ago, Jim said:

As if Iorfa is going to say anything negative about Monk in public? Are the local media going to go public with any concerns they may have that Monk may not be the right manager? No, of course not but our record since Christmas reads P20 W4 D4 L12 F20 A39 Pts16. If that record is acceptable in your eyes then fair play to you?

He’s been here since last summer not since Xmas though. 

I’m not pro Monk - I’m pro being reasonable when judging his time here. 

In his first season, under at best trying circumstances his league record is :

P43 W15 D10 L18 Pts 55.

Its bang average, mid table from bang average, mid table players. 

You can only judge Monk at some point when we are 15-20 games into next season when he’s got his players and probably coaching staff in and had a pre season preparation. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

2017 -£21m

2018 -£35m

Total -£56m

You‘re confusing the price £60m with the profit £38m. The 2 year accounting loss including the ground sale is £19m (-21m + £2m). So for 18/19 the Max loss allowed is circa £20m + whatever the amounts that can be discarded for the FFP calculation. Given the time taken to sign and file 17/18 then presumably the £60m was calibrated to ensure it would be sufficient to clear FFP in the following year also.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

2017 -£21m

2018 -£35m

Total -£56m

Profit on the sale of the stadium was only £38m (proceeds £60m cost £22m) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RichSheffWeds said:

So Bruce’s philosophy was continued until Xmas then? 

Not at all but Monk's philosophy with Brice's players isn't a fair complarison. You're saying that he has been her longer and should be judge on that but I think that's a little unfair.

Guest Grandad
Just now, Big Jack said:

You can see why you need a top lawyer to sort this mess.

All of my post is guess work - and would no doubt fall apart under an accountants assessment.

But people are so worried about the future of our club and I know my own thoughts are running wild right now.