THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 hour ago, Ian_D said:

the independent panel may rule that the club followed the EFL's advice before and during the sale of the ground and no further action is needed.

That would be some conclusion to reach after three weeks of deliberation. WTF:

39 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

If they have emails to  back themselves like the club said they have then realistically we shouldnt be getting into any trouble . 

But we all know how corrupt the efl are.

surely if we do have those emails the case wouldn’t have taken so long to come to a conclusion? It would be pretty cut and dry. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I am beginning to feel more and more confident about this. If, and it is a big if, the decision has been decided then surely they are not able to deduct more points than are actually available in our remaining games. I cannot see how they can be allowed to deduct 12 points when there are only 9 available to play for. 

My guess is we have been found guilty, however the EFL have also been implicated in how this whole saga came about due to their own incompetence. Neither us nor them want this to drag on through appeals so both parties need to agree on an acceptable punishment that suits everyone (including the likes of Barnsley etc). Therefore, I am expecting a decision of either a - 6 or - 9 deduction to be released at some point in the next week that will ultimately not relegate us, but at least show everyone the EFL are 'trying' to control their members before they decide on Derby's case.

Roll on next season when the EFL have to deal with the likes of Villa spending about 100M in two seasons in the Championship. Aren't Bournemouth also due a punishment from their promotion too. Should be fun.  

I'd say - 12 is quite possible, as it would leave us 2pts from safety with three games to go, giving us the chance to survive 

1 hour ago, pahowl said:

I know I have asked this before , but does anyone know the ACTUAL charge we are up against. It was a misconduct charge , unlike Derby's which was more specific (valuation of ground and treatment of player transfer fees)

What do the EFL think we have done wrong?

There probably looking for something, probably say can't use the name Wednesday as the Roman god's copyrighted it!

15 hours ago, sten said:

Just heard that we're about to be given a 12 point deduction with a 9 point deduction suspended until next season.

15 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’ve heard we are going into administration.:duntmatter:

i've heard were getting a rocket to the moon.

15 hours ago, Jim said:

I'm fed up with this. At this rate any points deduction will be announced after the season finishes and if we end up in the bottom three, the sh!t will really hit the fan. Even though Monk is understandably taking the plaudits tonight, 16/60 points from Christmas when we were on 39. To be even talking about the possibility of relegation is a f***ing disgrace.

yeah! it's a pity the boke in charge for the period when we got the 39 points isn't still in the post, OH! hold on.....

12 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Yes, there are the sanctioning guidelines for P&S breaches which indeed have a sliding scale. They haven’t been published but the published Birmingham decision refers to them and gave a lot of the detail

But we’re not charged with a P&S breach, we’re charged with misconduct, the punishment for which could be anything from say sorry to expulsion from the EFL

Guest gizowl
4 hours ago, scilly owl said:

I can’t fathom what is going on in their tiny minds. I suppose that there is little point in deducting us 12 or 15 points if it drops us 1 point above the relegation places, other than a little prize money that would be no punishment at all.

I have a sneaky feeling that the vindictive incompetents will have us starting next season with a significant point deduction...but DC might have them tucked up like kippers. ( or Tunas )... hope so.

They can't fathom out what's going on, that's the fcuking problem, they have got away with incompetent running of the EFL for a few years now  , covering over the cracks but it's now in the space of a few months caught up with them. People are now asking questions of them and they know they're in the shiiit. 

10 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

She's at it again.

Some people live their lives on twitter just to post shìte.

Screenshot_20200712-111825.jpg

Somebody's not getting enough attention!

Or maybe she works in admin and they're telling her to do some work and stop posting poo on Twitter 😀

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2