THE EFL HEARING THREAD

I'm afraid I don't share the optimism about them not deducting more points than we can still earn. If we are guilty and only have 1 game left to play there's no way there's gonna be a rule that says they can only deduct 2 or 3 points. I reckon they'll deduct whatever they like then we'll appeal. Then it's a lottery as to what happens. Assuming we're guilty that is.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

I can’t fathom what is going on in their tiny minds. I suppose that there is little point in deducting us 12 or 15 points if it drops us 1 point above the relegation places, other than a little prize money that would be no punishment at all.

I have a sneaky feeling that the vindictive incompetents will have us starting next season with a significant point deduction...but DC might have them tucked up like kippers. ( or Tunas )... hope so.

If the Independent Panel is truly independent, and they are responsible for both verdict and punishment, surely they should have announced their findings as soon as they were reached ? This ruling, whichever way it goes, will affect other clubs as well, so they have a right to know.  If us or the EFL didn’t agree I understand either side could appeal (I’m not sure who to but that’s what I’ve read on here so it must be true !). So why the delay ? At the very least it gives grounds for suggesting a stitch up one way or the other.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I'm afraid I don't share the optimism about them not deducting more points than we can still earn. If we are guilty and only have 1 game left to play there's no way there's gonna be a rule that says they can only deduct 2 or 3 points. I reckon they'll deduct whatever they like then we'll appeal. Then it's a lottery as to what happens. Assuming we're guilty that is.

The EFL seem to be backing themselves into a corner. 10 days, 3 matches and the seasons over. IF found guilty, and are effectively relegated AFTER the seasons finished I think DC would appeal. The new season looks like starting 29 August, just 5 weeks gap. Seeing how long it’s taken to get this far and the Panel haven’t made a decision yet, I can’t see how an appeal could be arranged, heard and decided on in just 5 weeks. You’d then have the situation of us and one other club not knowing which division they were in ! I think if guilty we’ll start with minus points next season but plus money because the sale of the stadium will then appear in the following years accounts. Win Win for Wednesday. (I’m a glass half full type of guy)

• Thanks 1

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

'Sophie Ridge on Sunday', looking nice today.... 

Perhaps she can have a word with her bosses and say if we get a points deduction then Sky will pull the TV deal on the EFL 

Guest gizowl

There has been loopholes and uncertainties in a wide range of EFL rules and regulations which some clubs have tried to exploit over the past few years and knowing this have been slow to close the holes and give clear guidance on what exactly is and is not allowed. Plus it's clear that they are incompetent at carrying out their own tasks like due diligence on new owners etc. If  Wednesday have proved that what they have done was with open dialogue with the EFL then it's going to be difficult for the EFL to implement a severe punishment, but use it as a future guideline and make clear the rules on  FFP.

I know I have asked this before , but does anyone know the ACTUAL charge we are up against. It was a misconduct charge , unlike Derby's which was more specific (valuation of ground and treatment of player transfer fees)

What do the EFL think we have done wrong?

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, pahowl said:

I know I have asked this before , but does anyone know the ACTUAL charge we are up against. It was a misconduct charge , unlike Derby's which was more specific (valuation of ground and treatment of player transfer fees)

What do the EFL think we have done wrong?

Don't think they are exactly sure because the rules and regulations are not clear and specific, they can be interpreted in different ways, I think it's why a decision is taking so long. I wouldn't trust them to run a bath. 

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, owls-swfc said:

'Sophie Ridge on Sunday', looking nice today.... 

Perv,but yes I totally agree .😁

47 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

the independent panel may rule that the club followed the EFL's advice before and during the sale of the ground and no further action is needed.

If they have emails to  back themselves like the club said they have then realistically we shouldnt be getting into any trouble . 

But we all know how corrupt the efl are.

Edited by stocksyuto