THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 hour ago, Swiss Toni said:

Don’t get how the suspended bit works. That’s comes into play how and when?

The players are suspended but from a height, a bit like table football. That way Nuhiu moves more and Obabajo might not rugby tackle a striker. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sten said:

Just heard that we're about to be given a 12 point deduction with a 9 point deduction suspended until next season.

So are you saying it’s 3 points deducted now with a further 9 points suspended for future potential “misdemeanours”? 

What was the cut off point for points deduction under the pre covid rules?

fairly sure it was March in a normal season, giving clubs time to deal with the deduction.

surely with three games to go they couldn’t give a 12 point deduction 

I am beginning to feel more and more confident about this. If, and it is a big if, the decision has been decided then surely they are not able to deduct more points than are actually available in our remaining games. I cannot see how they can be allowed to deduct 12 points when there are only 9 available to play for. 

My guess is we have been found guilty, however the EFL have also been implicated in how this whole saga came about due to their own incompetence. Neither us nor them want this to drag on through appeals so both parties need to agree on an acceptable punishment that suits everyone (including the likes of Barnsley etc). Therefore, I am expecting a decision of either a - 6 or - 9 deduction to be released at some point in the next week that will ultimately not relegate us, but at least show everyone the EFL are 'trying' to control their members before they decide on Derby's case.

Roll on next season when the EFL have to deal with the likes of Villa spending about 100M in two seasons in the Championship. Aren't Bournemouth also due a punishment from their promotion too. Should be fun.  

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I am beginning to feel more and more confident about this. If, and it is a big if, the decision has been decided then surely they are not able to deduct more points than are actually available in our remaining games. I cannot see how they can be allowed to deduct 12 points when there are only 9 available to play for. 

My guess is we have been found guilty, however the EFL have also been implicated in how this whole saga came about due to their own incompetence. Neither us nor them want this to drag on through appeals so both parties need to agree on an acceptable punishment that suits everyone (including the likes of Barnsley etc). Therefore, I am expecting a decision of either a - 6 or - 9 deduction to be released at some point in the next week that will ultimately not relegate us, but at least show everyone the EFL are 'trying' to control their members before they decide on Derby's case.

Roll on next season when the EFL have to deal with the likes of Villa spending about 100M in two seasons in the Championship. Aren't Bournemouth also due a punishment from their promotion too. Should be fun.  

Nice thought, but it's completely made up though innit. lol

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Nice thought, but it's completely made up though innit. lol

Of course, but I just cannot see how they can be allowed to deduct more points than are actually available in the remaining games. Administration aside, surely that has never happened before and would completely null any form of sporting competition for our remaining games. 

Edited by Orlando_Trustful

42 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I just wonder if your last point regarding villa and bournemouth coupled with the fact that we have taken measures to curb our spending will mean the penalty is quite tame.

The more I think about it the more I think the penalty will be next season and quite small.

You can box the Birmingham and wigan deductions into clearly defined penalty categories set by the EFL (though how wigan got there is pretty inconclusive). Ours is at the other end of the scale and I think that will benefit us.

In reality though its all just speculation, we have never been through this before and none of us really know which way the panel will lean.

I can’t fathom what is going on in their tiny minds. I suppose that there is little point in deducting us 12 or 15 points if it drops us 1 point above the relegation places, other than a little prize money that would be no punishment at all.

I have a sneaky feeling that the vindictive incompetents will have us starting next season with a significant point deduction...but DC might have them tucked up like kippers. ( or Tunas )... hope so.