THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

You know the drill. Once the critical mass has been reached (which for some fans seems to be going 20 minutes without a goal these days) then the manager is guilty of every possible crime. Perspective, mitigation and evidence are not necessary. The psychology of it is similar to having a tantrum. And it doesn't help that it normally involves some of those cliches that are employed about 5,000 times every single season like "no plan B", "lost the dressing room", "bizarre tactics", "out of his depth"... ZZZZZZZZZ....

You missed out 

"Tactically naive"...Thats my favourite one....

Its what fans start their call with most every phone in...

ive been watching football for nigh on 60 years.....I still only have the "Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!" shout...that I'm "tactically" proud of

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

The mess that Monk has helped to cause do you mean.

I was thinking more about the other mess where we fell foul of FFP (sustainability) after 2016, had a transfer embargo, had players that were too old and injury prone and now in a hearing to see if we will be deducted points...I think the mess that you are referring to is the one where Monk came in to all of that and had to do what he could with a crock of poo ...who would you think we could have attracted to do any better? Just one name...I don't need a list

Guest Grandad
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There's some incredible posts in the Garry Monk thread right now

It's like someone's scooped up all the spice heads off Division Street and given them logins to Owlstalk

I wouldnt put it past that Hargreaves kid.

what we need is a sorta philanthropic..really good manager...Like for instance if Juergan Klopp suddenly found God and decided to help the less fortunate out of the goodness of his heart.

Or one who suddenly got fed up of being able to buy and sell what he wanted and decided he needed a "challenge".....

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Oh yeah? Picking on the police now? I'm making a placard and I'm going to stand tutting at the bottom of your garden until you apologise.

That's ok I'm an idle old git so I'll not be able to see you for the long grass.

• Haha 1

Just now, asteener1867 said:

You missed out 

"Tactically naive"...Thats my favourite one...

I'm actually ashamed of myself.

Medical students, motor mechanics and data inputters criticising a professional in that way who might have been earning a living from the game for the last 30 years. :laugh:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

I'm actually ashamed of myself.

Medical students, motor mechanics and data inputters criticising a professional in that way who might have been earning a living from the game for the last 30 years. :laugh:

They copy such as Gary Neville cos he uses it...and actually went on to prove he knew exactly what it meant wiv Valencia lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

There aint goin to be a points deduction i've already said.

There will be some sort of plea bargaining, we'll be found 'technically guilty' with our agreement. 

We'll get a warning or some sort of suspended sentence, or even a fine.

The EFL can save face because they get a guilty verdict and were seen to be 'proven right' and we walk away, leave the court & all pile into the 'Big Gun' on the Wicker to celebrate not getting sent down as is the age old tradition.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

There aint goin to be a points deduction i've already said.

There will be some sort of plea bargaining, we'll be found 'technically guilty' with our agreement. 

We'll get a warning or some sort of suspended sentence, or even a fine.

The EFL can save face because they get a guilty verdict and were seen to be 'proven right' and we walk away, leave the court & all pile into the 'Big Gun' on the Wicker to celebrate not getting sent down as is the age old tradition.

Have you got us mixed up with John Gotti?

• Haha 1