Fox

Bannan

Luongo

Hutch

Reach

Rhodes/FF

Fletcher

Murphy, Harris, Hunt, Lees, Wildsmith, Urgohide, Nuhiu

Can't decide if I'd have Rhodes or FF uptop. Bannan not strong enough in a 2 man CM slot imo, better used on the right or left slotting in, but out fullbacks aren't as good an attacking threat as they once were

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

If we do restart, and it does look likely, Monk has the full and refreshed squad at his disposal.

Unlikely that he has kissed (blown a 2m Social distanced kiss) and made up with Hutch or Westwood, so who would you want to see lining up at Hillsborough in the restart game v Forest?

What is your hoped-for formation, and starting Xl ?

Bear in mind, there’ll be loads of rotation and subbing going on, due to the rapid turnaround between games.

Mine:-

Dawson

Dom Lees Borner

Murphy Lee Bannan Luongo Reach

Fletcher Rhodes

Yours?

Think Rhodes wont be considered unless he's really impressed in mid preseason training.  Wish he could turn it round but can't see him doing it at Hillsborough.

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

But they CAN play. It’s the buffoon in charge who says they can’t. 

But, it’s daft to pick them in this thread, given we know (for whatever reason) they won’t be in the squad.

• Like 1

here we go again. we go a few weeks and people forgot all about Rhodes :ghoulguy:. I guarantee you in another 2-3 games people will still be saying "he just needs a run of games". Let it go people he's finished, and anyone still suggesting he deserves another shot needs their head examining. 

• Like 1

Just now, agentwalker said:

here we go again. we go a few weeks and people forgot all about Rhodes :ghoulguy:. I guarantee you in another 2-3 games people will still be saying "he just needs a run of games". Let it go people he's finished, and anyone still suggesting he deserves another shot needs their head examining. 

And your team?

Guest LondonOwl313

Westwood

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner

Fox

Murphy

Hutchinson

Bannan

Forestieri

Windass

Fletcher

We all know the clown won’t pick Westwood or Hutchinson so sub in Wildsmith and Luongo probably.

As long as the likes of Dawson, Lees, Pelupessy, Da Cruz and others aren’t around the team then it’s an improvement on before 

I would play our 11 best players.

If 4-4-2

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Boerner Fox

Hutchinson Bannan

Reach Harris

Fletcher Forestieri

If 3-5-2

Replace Fox with Luongo

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Boerner

Reach Hutchinson Bannan Luongo Harris

Fletcher Forestieri

But I do know the team won't be anything like that Monkmanface

Presuming Westwood and Hutch won’t be playing thanks to Monk’s excellent man-management skills:

Wildsmith

Palmer

Iorfa

Börner

Fox

Bannan

Lee

Luongo

Harris

Fletcher

Forestieri

Subs: Dawson, Lees, Odubajo, Hunt, Reach, Murphy, Rhodes

Edit: forgot we had Da Cruz, Windass and Wickham 

Edited by beswetherick
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Whoever we pick for the first game it will be a completely different one for the second as we are bound to pick up a shed load of injuries, it's our way

With games thick and fast monk will need to be clever with his selections...... which is a concern

We do have a big squad with alot of players like Westwood, Hutchinson, Rhodes and Winnall that we can call on if we need to. Let's hope if we do get alot of injures Monk is willing to play some of them.

28 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Don't think Westwood / Hutchinson will be picked

Dawson

Palmer

Lofra

Borner

Fox

Reach

Bannan

Luongo

Murphy

FF

Fletcher

Would go with this but I can't see him having reach on the left even though he should.

• Like 1

Main realistic things I would like to see are Wildsmith starting in goal, Luongo back fit and starting. Pessy nowhere near the squad. Actually to be honest I would like to see the out of contract players leave ASAP apart from Fletcher and the young lads. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

No point suggesting Westwood. As much as I would like to give Wildsmith a run, I actually think we should stick with Dawson. The long break may have helped him. If there is no improvement then I would bring Wildsmith in at the start of next season. Our only issue then is that he could want to move on and who could blame him. We then face the prospect of being stuck with a keeper who is prone to mistakes and with consistently poor distribution.