Restart First Xl

11 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I would look to start Fletcher and Rhodes up top. It’s a partnership that works.

That’s actually a really good shout, in a few games just before Fletcher got injured this partnership really started to show some promise, I wouldn’t mind seeing us give this a try too.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

It worked before Christmas. 

Reach and Luongo back. 

I think behind closed doors game will work in our favour.

We have a lot of players currently playing for the futures in football not just with us.

I am confident we wont be as bad after the re start.

Playing behind closed doors; how will the players deal with the deafening silence that is Hillsborough? Reckon it will be ten minutes in before one of our stars trips over some tumbleweed and is out for the season.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This is probably what the plank Monk will pick 

if he picks that waste of space Pessy to start he wants sacking on the spot. It’s like starting the game with 10 men and when we have other players starting that put in embarrassing performances that’s the last thing we need. 

3-5-2...…….which I still think is our best bet with the personnel we have

Westwood

Hutchinson

Iorfa

Borner

Murphy

Luongo

Lee

Bannan

Reach

Fletcher

Forestieri

SUBS

Wildsmith

Lees

Fox

Odubajo

Windass

Harris

Wickham

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Not Fletcher?

Nope.... looks like he's going and i would be looking to keep and get Wickham fit for next year.

If we had another left back option (i did consider Reach but he cant tackle) then id have not played Fox either but with Penney in Germany i dont think we have much choice but Fox.

Edited by Dutch McLovin
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

if he picks that waste of space Pessy to start he wants sacking on the spot. It’s like starting the game with 10 men and when we have other players starting that put in embarrassing performances that’s the last thing we need. 

He's picked him since xmas and has wanted sacking since not long after that !!!

Monk is the problem we wont stop dropping until he goes. And Pelupessy shouldnt play for us again.

3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Nope.... looks like he's going and i would be looking to keep and get Wickham fit for next year.

If we had another left back option (i did consider Reach but he cant tackle) then id have not played Fox either but with Penney in Germany i dont think we have much choice but Fox.

So you're not to keen on playing any of our best players then by the looks of it.

WTF:

Our strongest 11 which should play the majority of the games if possible

Westwood

Fox

Borner

Iorfa

Palmer

Reach

Bannan

Hutch

Murphy

Fessi

Fletcher

In a 4-4-2

The likely line up as Monk does like to win games

Dawson

Fox

Lees

Iorfa

Odabajo

Harris

Bannan

Pelupessy

Murphy

Fletcher

Nuihu

Interesting though with possible 9 games at 1 every 3 or 4 days every player of the squad we have will need to be used, I wonder how stubborn Monk will be with playing Westwood, Hutch, Rhodes, Winnall, Bates. Will he risk us being relegated so he can make a point.

As for Monk and the team a massive improvement is needed should he fail in the first 2 games, then he needs to go we could hopefully get something of a new manager bounce to stop us going down.

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

So you're not to keen on playing any of our best players then by the looks of it.

WTF:

Well to be honest im trying to get the best out of our best players... Bannan on the left of midfield is where he has performed best.... Hutch is class at CH and i think could make Iorfa even better and Forestieri is best up front.... Also i think a good pre season under Strudwick would help Wickham out and we all know how good he was if he can get back somewhere near it him and Forestieri could be a good partnership.

Reach hasnt been brilliant this year, not all his fault as he has not been played wide left which is his best position.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Our strongest 11 which should play the majority of the games if possible

Westwood

Fox

Borner

Iorfa

Palmer

Reach

Bannan

Hutch

Murphy

Fessi

Fletcher

In a 4-4-2

The likely line up as Monk does like to win games

Dawson

Fox

Lees

Iorfa

Odabajo

Harris

Bannan

Pelupessy

Murphy

Fletcher

Nuihu

Interesting though with possible 9 games at 1 every 3 or 4 days every player of the squad we have will need to be used, I wonder how stubborn Monk will be with playing Westwood, Hutch, Rhodes, Winnall, Bates. Will he risk us being relegated so he can make a point.

As for Monk and the team a massive improvement is needed should he fail in the first 2 games, then he needs to go we could hopefully get something of a new manager bounce to stop us going down.

No it isn’t.

Any Xl with Forestieri as a striker cannot be “our strongest 11”.

Terrific footballer. Hopeless striker.

28 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Where have you read Fletcher is off?

Also, you’d drop the brilliant Fletcher bcos you think he’s off, but you’d play Whickham who’s been hopeless and will not re-sign, and the in-and-out Forestieri who will just as likely be leaving? Odd.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

No it isn’t.

The problem is we need a spark in the team whether he plays off the main striker, or in a free role attacking midfielder he will be more use to us that left on the wing barely being involved. 

In his first season when he was one of the best in the league he played up front for a lot of the games not on the wing, that was where we stuck Bannan.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Where have you read Fletcher is off?

Also, you’d drop the brilliant Fletcher bcos you think he’s off, but you’d play Whickham who’s been hopeless and will not re-sign, and the in-and-out Forestieri who will just as likely be leaving? Odd.

West Brom.

Wickham you can clearly see is not fit, but were not that daft (youd hope) to have not known this when we brought him in. We must have brought him in with an eye on next season, and a good pre season with Strudwick and we all know the qualities he has.

Forestieri is our match winner and if we played in an attacking style would be brilliant again. I would always play Forestieri as he can produce something special. Plus im confident he wont leave.

9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

No it isn’t.

Not true tho is it. he's best when played in a attack minded team with freedom which he gets in the striker/off front man role. The only season we have played attacking since hes been here was his first and he scored 15 and was our best player. And he played up front a lot.