Restart First Xl

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The problem is we need a spark in the team whether he plays off the main striker, or in a free role attacking midfielder he will be more use to us that left on the wing barely being involved. 

In his first season when he was one of the best in the league he played up front for a lot of the games not on the wing, that was where we stuck Bannan.

Well I couldn’t disagree more with you. Our record when he plays striker is utterly abysmal. 

But that’s for another thread perhaps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

West Brom.

Wickham you can clearly see is not fit, but were not that daft (youd hope) to have not known this when we brought him in. We must have brought him in with an eye on next season, and a good pre season with Strudwick and we all know the qualities he has.

Forestieri is our match winner and if we played in an attacking style would be brilliant again. I would always play Forestieri as he can produce something special. Plus im confident he wont leave.

Haha. No - not where is he going.

Where did you read it?

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Not true tho is it. he's best when played in a attack minded team with freedom which he gets in the striker/off front man role. The only season we have played attacking since hes been here was his first and he scored 15 and was our best player. And he played up front a lot.

You are re-writing history.

In that special season his strike rate up front was 1 in 5.

From wide it was almost one per game.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Well I couldn’t disagree more with you. Our record when he plays striker is utterly abysmal. 

But that’s for another thread perhaps.

He need to be in the team, as he is the most creative player we have, but don't worry with Monk as manager we will be lucky to see him with a 10-15 minute cameo at the end of games. Harris, Nuihu and the youngster will be ahead of him in the pecking order.

I give it two games before we are once again begging with DC to get rid of Monk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

He's picked him since xmas and has wanted sacking since not long after that !!!

Monk is the problem we wont stop dropping until he goes. And Pelupessy shouldnt play for us again.

surely if Luongo is fit he starts ahead of the waste of space Pessy. Actually I would rather Hunt start ahead of Pessy. 

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

surely if Luongo is fit he starts ahead of the waste of space Pessy. Actually I would rather Hunt start ahead of Pessy. 

I can’t remember Joey being picked in preference to Luongo. 

He’s only played due to injuries, and as pure injury-cover goes he has been ok.

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think ok is stretching it a bit far. Playing him is like playing with 10 men. I can’t think of anything positive he brings to the team, he doesn’t win tackles, doesn’t create chances, doesn’t score. What type of midfield player is he? 

21 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

In what sense has he been OK in the last few months? Our goals conceded record in 2020 is abysmal, yes much of that can also be attributed to the goal keeper and the defence but for a player who offers nothing in an attacking sense, Pelupessy does not do an anywhere near good enough job of protecting the defence. 

Nope.... looks like he's going and i would be looking to keep and get Wickham fit for next year.

If we had another left back option (i did consider Reach but he cant tackle) then id have not played Fox either but with Penney in Germany i dont think we have much choice but Fox.

How many games have we won this season without Fletcher? Whether he is going after the season or not is irrelevant, his attitude since he has been here has never been a problem and his ability this season should put him as the first name on the team sheet, even when half-fit compared with the other options. 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

In what sense has he been OK in the last few months? Our goals conceded record in 2020 is abysmal, yes much of that can also be attributed to the goal keeper and the defence but for a player who offers nothing in an attacking sense, Pelupessy does not do an anywhere near good enough job of protecting the defence. 

We became carp after the Bristol City win.

Here’s our record without Joey:-

P8. W1. L7 GF5. GA15

I do not rate him, but neither do I put him anywhere near the list of reasons we became sheite. He’s a scapegoat.

West Brom.

Wickham you can clearly see is not fit, but were not that daft (youd hope) to have not known this when we brought him in. We must have brought him in with an eye on next season, and a good pre season with Strudwick and we all know the qualities he has.

Forestieri is our match winner and if we played in an attacking style would be brilliant again. I would always play Forestieri as he can produce something special. Plus im confident he wont leave.

Wickham is under contract at Palace until 2021. Do you think we are going to pay a fee for him? 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How many games have we won this season without Fletcher? Whether he is going after the season or not is irrelevant, his attitude since he has been here has never been a problem and his ability this season should put him as the first name on the team sheet, even when half-fit compared with the other options. 

Twice. Leeds and Bristol City.

Our record without him is dire.

West Brom.

If Forestieri really is our match winner, how come we hardly ever win when he plays?

48 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I agree - but this is Monk !!! 

Id rather him give Waldock a try a genuine sitting midfielder.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

If Forestieri really is our match winner, how come we hardly ever win when he plays?

Doesn't help when the manager plays him at wing back. I would say he was looked OK in the few games he has played this year, more than can be said of many of our players in 2020. In the right role with the right tactics he should be included. 

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Because in the years since our playoff final defeat we have not played a attacking style of football which brings the best out of him, hence he has hardly played.

Under Bruce we started to play this way he played more and we werent far off going from relegation candidates under Jos to the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

No i think he'll be coming on a season loan.

Why? 

I reckon Palace will have loaned him out in January to see how he gets on, see of his fitness and form improve and put him in the shop window, with one year left on his contract I reckon they will be looking to do all they can to sell him if they don't want him rather than loan him out for a year and get nothing for him.

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Because in the years since our playoff final defeat we have not played a attacking style of football which brings the best out of him, hence he has hardly played.

Under Bruce we started to play this way he played more and we werent far off going from relegation candidates under Jos to the playoffs.

Question

Given a choice, on same wages, who would you give a contract to?

Forestieri or Fletcher?

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why? 

I reckon Palace will have loaned him out in January to see how he gets on, see of his fitness and form improve and put him in the shop window, with one year left on his contract I reckon they will be looking to do all they can to sell him if they don't want him rather than loan him out for a year and get nothing for him.

Plus, he’s been rubbish.

Edited by Holmowl