Where was your first away game?

3 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Day 12 of lockdown. So another useless thread.

Mine was Halifax town around 1975 with a couple of school mates.

Think we drew 1-1. Still to this day the worst ground I've ever been to. 

Them shale banks 😀oddly enough I went a few years ago for a pre season friendly and the ground had improved even though they were non league. 

At Palace in 1990. Worthington for us in the first half when the wind took his cross from the wing and blew it out of Nigel Martyn’s reach. Mark Bright equalised in the second half and was sent off a few minutes later for an off-the-ball clash with Lawrie Madden. Finished 1-1. It was my first live game: didn’t get to a home game until ‘94.

Chesterfield 1978 with my dad. Went to a few more local away games with adults after that - Rotherham, Mansfield, Scunthorpe, Chezzy again but my first unsupervised away day was Oxford in 1980 with the Palmers on the intercity owl and I was hooked on away days after that. I worked part time in a shop to earn the money to pay for away matches until I left school a year later. God knows what my parents were thinking letting me go to away matches in those days at 14 years old.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Nut said:

Chesterfield 1978 with my dad. Went to a few more local away games with adults after that - Rotherham, Mansfield, Scunthorpe, Chezzy again but my first unsupervised away day was Oxford in 1980 with the Palmers on the intercity owl and I was hooked on away days after that. I worked part time in a shop to earn the money to pay for away matches until I left school a year later. God knows what my parents were thinking letting me go to away matches in those days at 14 years old.

We looked after you.

At least you didn't get nicked.