Where was your first away game?

3 hours ago, mogbad said:

At Blackpool, 29th August 1964, lost 1-0.

that takes me back mate …..I was on the big kop and they scored early doors with a lob over springett …would have been 11 years old and result apart had a great day out .

Remember mine like yesterday! 

Doncaster at the old bell vue. Remember getting there and thinking.. is this what all other grounds look like! Made me think how lucky we are by having Hillsborough! The match it’s self was great! 4-0 win. Kenywn Jones hatrick On his debut. Couldn’t stop talking about it all the way home, how good the atmosphere was and how many fans we had taken. Loved it. Actually miss that little old ground. 

17 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Remember mine like yesterday! 

Doncaster at the old bell vue. Remember getting there and thinking.. is this what all other grounds look like! Made me think how lucky we are by having Hillsborough! The match it’s self was great! 4-0 win. Kenywn Jones hatrick On his debut. Couldn’t stop talking about it all the way home, how good the atmosphere was and how many fans we had taken. Loved it. Actually miss that little old ground. 

I think it was maclean that got the hatrick. Your right about kenwyne jones scoring on debut though. Was a ridiculously early kick off for a Sunday if I remember rightly. 

Wembley 93 v the pigs. Off to a flier with that one

Then after that was v Man Utd away in the league cup semi in 94

First proper away league game was v Everton on Boxing Day 94, Guy Whittingham bagged a brace on debut in a (I think) 4-2 win

19 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Sunderland at Roker Park around ‘74 , lost 1-0 I think.

Went to quite a few away games before I saw my first away win - 1-0 at Reading. Jeff Johnson scored and Concorde flew over (not because we had won).

Around the time we went 36 games between away wins!!

• Thanks 1

8. Sat  2 Oct  Lincoln City............ 1-1    13     14,706   Rodger Wylde

Thanks to Bradowl for the link to the stats. 2 October 1976 was my first away game. I was nine years old and went with my Dad, Grandad and Uncle. Absolutely unbelievable experience travelling to Lincoln in the car on the A57 along with thousands and thousands of other Wednesdayites. Seem to remember being on a big uncovered side terrace. The game passed me by as I soaked in the atmosphere while coming to terms with my first experience of my closest relatives using industrial language in front of me. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Sunderland at Roker Park around ‘74 , lost 1-0 I think.

Went to quite a few away games before I saw my first away win - 1-0 at Reading. Jeff Johnson scored and Concorde flew over (not because we had won).

Around the time we went 36 games between away wins!!

Lincoln City 27th December 1959.

Won 1 - 0 (Roy Shiner IIRC)

Remember being disappointed because we had beaten them  

7 - 0 the previous day (boxing day) and I fully expected a similar score again.:wacko: