Where was your first away game?

6 minutes ago, folger said:

Bristol city away 1-1 Like Varney scored felt like a win went on the Wednesdayite coach what a incredible experience! Sadly it's not like that these days.

You're not wrong, they let anybody on the Wednesdayite coach these days, some right annoying gobshites. Its a last resort for us these days, used to go on it regularly. 

Highfield Road. My first ever game. Cant remember the year but my excitement didn't last long as Dion Dublin scored after about 2 minutes. Lost 2-0 I think. All I can remember was Woods kicked every goal kick out for a throw in

Mansfield in 1976. Went on the service bus with my mates. I was just 15 and it seemed a real adventure. Needless to say we got battered 3-0. Hanging round Mansfield town centre waiting for a bus back to Sheffield was somewhat of an eye opener.

Bramall Lane,  1980 League Cup - 1 all Curran (Not THAT goal!) sat in South Stand with my mate and his Dad, we joined in the chorus of "Harry Hallam's Mucked it up again" Coming from the away end. (We were a little bit deaf and very young and Naive back then!)

First "real" one (outside Sheffield) Cambridge FA Cup 5th Round 1983 with my Dad.

Won 2 1 Megson got both. Hooked on Away games from then on.

Edited by OWL1969

20 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

Barnsley away in the promotion season under Big Ron. Drew 1-1. Carlton Palmer with a last minute equaliser.

Remember it very well.Was sat among the Barnsley fans on the Ponte End when CP scored the last gasp equaliser and was really struggling to contain my joy.Thankfully,managed to get out in one piece.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bramal Lane, 1993 I think.

We drew 1-1, the pigs went ahead and Carlton Palmer equalised in front of the away end.

Hirsty wasn't it ?

Did a dodgy half baked gymnastic move in front of us then limbs just went everywhere.

9 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Remember it very well.Was sat among the Barnsley fans on the Ponte End when CP scored the last gasp equaliser and was really struggling to contain my joy.Thankfully,managed to get out in one piece.:ph34r:

Weren't it standing back then?

Also seem to remember abit of bother on it, then a request over the tannoy for Away fans in home ends to move to the end of the old Side John Smiths Roofed Terrace, Que thousands moving from 3 sides of the ground.

I can also it was my 21st Birthday. 23rd October 1990.

Edited by OWL1969

4 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Hirsty wasn't it ?

Did a dodgy half baked gymnastic move in front of us then limbs just went everywhere.

Different match, I was stood in the away end when Hirsty scored, I was sat in the South Stand near the Kop when Palmer Scored.

Was a bit worried as we jumped up, turned out it we were fine there were hundreds of Fellow Owls sat around us.

Both games ended 1 all.

Edited by OWL1969

4 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Different match, I was stood in the away end when Hirsty scored, I was sat in the South Stand near the Kop when Palmer Scored.

Was a bit worried as we jumped up, turned out it we were fine there were hundreds of Fellow Owls sat around us.

Both games ended 1 all.

Hirsty 94/95 season then ?

5 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Hirsty 94/95 season then ?

I'm not sure which year was which, I seem to remember the Hirsty one being first, but can't remember what year, I just recall being at both.

The Hirsty one we had a goal disallowed for offside when someone was in the back of the net, scored about 5 minutes later, as you said the limbs were amazing.

If I had to guess I'd say Hirst 92/93 Palmer 93/94 only guesses though.

Edited by OWL1969