Where was your first away game?

11 minutes ago, Jackie Sewell said:

March 1960. We'd come out of a period of doldrums in Nov. 59. We'd assembled one of the best sides in my lifetime, Springett,- Johnson, Megson,- McAnearney, Swan, Kay,- Wilkinson, Craig, Ellis,Fantham, Finney. We played West Ham, who were top of the league, at home, in November, and beat them 7-0. We then went unbeaten, in league and cup, right through to March. We were due to play Man City away, so a few of us decided on the friday, at school, to go to the game. So we went by train, saw Stuart Hall outside !!,  paid at the turnstyle, which you could do then, and watched a dismal Wednesday lose 4-1.

Great reading - and I recall my dad talking about that great Wednesday side - but it's as if I knew already how the story would end. Typical Wednesday, we lost. Has it always been that way? But for a few great years in the 80s and 90s, it's always seemed to be so.  

I cannot remember the season but it was away at Tottenham in the mid to late 80s. Lee Chapman was still playing for us as was Martin Hodge. Think Howard Wilkinson was still manager.

We lost the game 2-0 from memory. Don't remember who scored the goals for Tottenham.

Edited by katie melua