Where was your first away game?

Tbh i can't clearly remember but someone on here will know.

One of these 3, can't remember what order they fell. Newcastle in league 2 promotion season when Gary Shelton scored overhead kick winner,  Dingles in same season or league cup replay at Anfield.

1 hour ago, Brommers said:

Tbh i can't clearly remember but someone on here will know.

One of these 3, can't remember what order they fell. Newcastle in league 2 promotion season when Gary Shelton scored overhead kick winner,  Dingles in same season or league cup replay at Anfield.

1983/84 season.went to the Newcastle game as well.Stood at the very back when that goal went in and everyone just surged forwardgarymegson

2 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

1983/84 season.went to the Newcastle game as well.Stood at the very back when that goal went in and everyone just surged forwardgarymegson

Was that the game where the Scroats outside launched rocks into us on the forecourt at halftime?

Everyone scattered and took shelter. I was too Ratarsed and stood fixed to the spot:laugh:

6 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Was that the game where the Scroats outside launched rocks into us on the forecourt at halftime?

Everyone scattered and took shelter. I was too Ratarsed and stood fixed to the spot:laugh:

Yes.from where i was standing,we could hear shouting and swearing and one or two supporters mentioned to me, that they nearly got hit by missiles.:tango:

Edited by parkfieldowl14

First game not at Hillsborough was the first game at Filbert Street against Arsenal in the cup marathon. What an experience, was totally hooked after that. First proper away game was at Hull in the League Cup the following season. We were sat in a dodgy stand which would be condemned these days. Went to loads that season when got promoted under big Jack 

Grimsby away, night match in 1979. We lost 3-1, after Ian Mellor put us one up. I was 10 years old and went with my dad (his first Wednesday game was 1936 - he was taken by his dad). 

That Grimsby match sticks in the memory. Thousands of Wednesday supporters, Wednesday playing in the yellow Bukta kit and a continuous "yeeeeeeelllllloooooooow" coming from the away end. We won promotion that season - alongside Grimsby. 

I'd been going to home games for about two years, but after my first away game, I just knew Wednesday was in the blood.      

7 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Can't remember that but do recall being pelted with coins. Me and my 2 mates were only 14 at the time, spent ages picking them up and went home with a pocket full of change.

Also remember being marched back to the train and Newcastle fans chucking a wooden crate onto us from the top of a building, smashed some poor guys head in. Happy days.lol

Shrewsbury away April 1982, I can remember the year because it was Falklands war and we sang 'The Wednesday hate Fray Bentos'. Went with friend Ian and his dad in his dad's Triumph Stag!

Won 1-0.

There was a game away at Mansfield around that time but can't place it because can't remember the score and we weren't at war with anyone. lol

Although my first away game was actually Highfield Rd, I was just a nipper, my first proper away day with the lads, as it were, was Southend away Think it was the first game of the season, and I travelled down on Thommo’s coach, Medlocks of Handsworth, if I remember rightly. It just about got there, but it was well worth the journey, for the crack anyway, if not the result 

Results back then were somewhat irrelevant, especially away days, which was just as well as we were usually crap. Didn’t miss a match, home or away for two seasons

March 1960. We'd come out of a period of doldrums in Nov. 59. We'd assembled one of the best sides in my lifetime, Springett,- Johnson, Megson,- McAnearney, Swan, Kay,- Wilkinson, Craig, Ellis,Fantham, Finney. We played West Ham, who were top of the league, at home, in November, and beat them 7-0. We then went unbeaten, in league and cup, right through to March. We were due to play Man City away, so a few of us decided on the friday, at school, to go to the game. So we went by train, saw Stuart Hall outside !!,  paid at the turnstyle, which you could do then, and watched a dismal Wednesday lose 4-1.

• Like 1