John Sheridan

18 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

This may surprise you , but I rated him highly.

Yes, definitely - shame that it hasn’t subsequently worked out for him as a football manager, would really have liked him to do well after hanging up his playing boots.

Yes, Shezza was 10x the player Bazza is, but when the intellectuals around me on the North were having a pop at Bannan the other week, i couldn't help but think of the time when Sheridan's form dipped and he was booed at home against Oldham was it?. Anyways, seem to remember him stepping up and scoring from the spot (to equalise?) in the same game, gave it to the kop and he and the fans never looked back.

Legend

52 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

Yes, Shezza was 10x the player Bazza is, but when the intellectuals around me on the North were having a pop at Bannan the other week, i couldn't help but think of the time when Sheridan's form dipped and he was booed at home against Oldham was it?. Anyways, seem to remember him stepping up and scoring from the spot (to equalise?) in the same game, gave it to the kop and he and the fans never looked back.

Legend

Was Bristol rovers at home scored two in next game against Blackburn an absolutely fantastic player and my all time Wednesday hero 

1 hour ago, Albertowl said:

Legend

Think he missed a penalty and that's why he got booed. Not sure who we were playing but Oxford rings a bell. 

57 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

Legend

I think the game was Oxford imo there is no question about John's ability but there was a question about his dedication and temperamant, that in imo is the reason he never achieved his potential.

6 hours ago, steelerian said:

Great player. Probably never quite got the recognition that his talents deserved, outside of S6.

A bit like Barry Bannan, only 100x better.

I worked with quite a few Leeds fans that rated him. He was loved at Elland Road - probably not as much as we love him but they like him a lot. 

Edited by shandypants