Your team v Brentford

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

You can predict his teams Dawson,Bannan,Lees,Pelupessy, fox, murphy if they are fit they play no matter what.

last night Fletcher should have been no where near that team he does not look fit and any injury now he is finished for the season.

why we have 5 or 6 players not in the squad onmy Monk knows, but how many more tactically enept team set ups, how many more awful display before DC grows a back home and get rid. 

it awful to watch and a £40 a ticket fans have had enough.

In one the worse runs weve been on in years and still people defend this 5h1t

If everyone's fit bannan, Lees and nuhiu get no where near the team

They are no hopers and have losers mentality 

They should be no where near this club come next season

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You can predict his teams Dawson,Bannan,Lees,Pelupessy, fox, murphy if they are fit they play no matter what.

last night Fletcher should have been no where near that team he does not look fit and any injury now he is finished for the season.

why we have 5 or 6 players not in the squad onmy Monk knows, but how many more tactically enept team set ups, how many more awful display before DC grows a back home and get rid. 

it awful to watch and a £40 a ticket fans have had enough.

Did you think last night was tactically inept?

Very nearly worked.  Fletch's toe were an inch longer we'd have possibly made extra time.  Don't think many would have expected that before kick off. 

He's then had to make two subs coz of injury.

What would you have done.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Dawson 

Uroghide    Iorfa      Lees      fox 

Pelupessy 

Murphy           Bannan            forestieri 

De la Cruz     Fletcher 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DEH9 said:

Did you think last night was tactically inept?

Very nearly worked.  Fletch's toe were an inch longer we'd have possibly made extra time.  Don't think many would have expected that before kick off. 

He's then had to make two subs coz of injury.

What would you have done.

What would I have done I would have played my strongest team available.

I would have tried to attack them and play football.

I would have tried to entertain my fans and the people watching at home, as they could be the fans of the future.

instead the team went out last night not to win but to try not to lose too heavily.

the set up off the team was embarising, we say back, did not press them and waited for wave after wave of attack. We played an uneven team that when the for the ball huffed it forward because we played a 8-2-0 formation.

We had no shots on goal no attempt until the 85 minute. It was embarrassing watching but at least we only lost 1-0.

But had we lost 6-4 we would still be out but at least we would have had a go and entertain the fans.

• Haha 1

Westwood

Palmer                                      Iorfa                                              Borner                                             Fox

Hutchinson

Murphy                                                                                                      Bannan

Luongo

Forestieri                          Fletcher

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I would have tried to entertain my fans and the people watching at home, as they could be the fans of the future.

instead the team went out last night not to win but to try not to lose too heavily.

the set up off the team was embarising, we say back, did not press them and waited for wave after wave of attack. We played an uneven team that when the for the ball huffed it forward because we played a 8-2-0 formation.

We had no shots on goal no attempt until the 85 minute. It was embarrassing watching but at least we only lost 1-0.

But had we lost 6-4 we would still be out but at least we would have had a go and entertain the fans.

Bleedin hell

We'd have had an absolute hiding if we'd done what you suggest. 

Can't fault your optimism though, that we'd have banged 4 goals against one of the best sides in Europe.... when we can't score more than 1 against bang average Championship sides most weeks.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

2 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Westwood

Palmer                                      Iorfa                                              Borner                                             Fox

Hutchinson

Murphy                                                                                                      Bannan

Luongo

They'd have ripped us to shreds with all them gaps Nev!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Westwood

Hutchinson

Luongo

a new revolutionary formation? :1276983839_MonkHome:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We could have conceeded 8 last night if we'd have gone at it. We're in poor form with a midtable Champinship side lacking confidence playing one of the best teams in the world in a competition they want to win. City don't rest once they've scored 3, they just go on and on. The tactics almost worked and were all we could expect. Better teams than ours have had a pasting off City.

I’d go 4-5-1 when we don’t have the ball and 4-3-3 when we do have it....

Dawson

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner (Lees if he’s injured)

Fox

Forestieri

Hunt

Bannan

Lee/Luongo

Murphy

Fletcher

Subs: Wildsmith, Windass, Wickham, Odubajo, Harris, Nuhiu, Pelupessey 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

Yes, I was at the game and thought he had a good half but where did he play.

All over the bloody place. 

Had a great half though. On the left, on the right, through the middle. 

Attacking mid isn't he? Very versatile. 

I fear Borner's hamstring might, once again, give Lees an easy way back into the side. And I think the amount of minutes Lee has played recently, given his niggle last night, will see him miss out, which, if Luongo isn't fit, leaves us exceptionally short in midfield. So, it's probably as good a time as any to give Hunt his first league start. 

I like the system Monk played 2nd half against Derby and last night, and I can see him using it more often. 

Ideally, I'd like to play Fox as a centre half, but the balance of the players available doesn't really allow that. 

--------------Dawson---------------

-----Palmer----Lees----Iorfa--------

Murphy---Bannan---Hunt------Fox

----------------Windass-------------

---------Forestieri---Fletcher--------

I think this system is worth sticking with, because it give us good options, especially when some key first teamers come back. I think it's an ideal system to get the best of out of Forestieri as well. Playing in a two or in behind, but with the freedom and space to drift into areas that'll affect the game. 

--------------------------------------------Dawson/Wildsmith--------------------------------

------------------------Iorfa/Palmer----------Lees/Borner-----------Borner/Fox-------------

Murphy/Odubajo/Palmer-----Pelupessy/Bannan/Hunt------Lee/Luongo----Fox/Reach/Harris

------------------------------------------Windass/Da Cruz/Forestieri--------------------------

--------------------------Forestieri/Da Cruz-------------Wickham/Fletcher-------------------

Got to be lots of very tired legs after chasing Cities superstars about other night for 90 minutes. 

I'm guessing Borner and Lee will be out. Just hope Luongo is fit enough. 

Wildsmith

Palmer    Lees  Iorfa  Fox

Murphy Hunt Luongo  Bannan

Fletcher.    Windass