Your team v Brentford

Assuming Fletcher plays he needs a foil. Can’t have him playing the lone-striker role so soon after he’s back.

Wildsmith must start. He was superb and Dawson has been less than superb.

Wildsmith 

Iorfa - Lees - Borner - Fox
Murphy - Bannan - Lee - Forestieri

Windass - Fletcher

Ok so Lee is out but Borner might make it.

Id go with the below:

Wildsmith

Palmer Iorfa Borner Fox

Murphy Hunt Waldock Bannan

Forestieri Fletcher

People may look at that midfield and panic but, were playing Brentford who like city are gonna have a lot of the ball, but we cant just defend we need to impose ourselves more. Bannan in CM does not do that, Pelupessy should never play again and the one player who would Hutchinson is outcast. So why not play two youngsters, they'll be keen to impress and have played together un the Under 23's. Waldock is more defensive which would Help hunt out. They will give it a go at least.

16 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Wildsmith

Palmer , Borner, Lofra, (Fox?)

Windass, Bannan, Hunt, Murphy

FF

Fletcher

Think Lee will be out

Joey, Lees and Da Cruz not good enough

we would get torn to pieces in Midfield with that line up.. but saying that I've no idea who else we have to play in Midfield if he won't play Hutch.....!

Borner is also not very good, sorry to all the young uns who like to sing his song, I'd rather Lees play. Well actually I'd rather Bates play but he's another who has been frozen out

my team would be something like the below

Wildsmith

Murphy Palmer Lees Iorfa Fox

Pelupessy (sorry but there's nobody else!!)

Hunt Bannan

Windass

Fletcher

I really don't want to pick Pelupessy but who else can play there??

I like the thought of that as we looked solid enough on Wed when we had men behind the ball anyway! We won't have much possession in this game so I can see us lining up like that

Windass can go to the right & Bannan to the left when they have the ball, means we have decent pace down the right as well with Windass and Murphy for when we do break.

not sure what others think but we have to stick with the 5 at the back for this game for me

Start defensively.  Keep them out for 60 mins to gain confidence and prove to the players that they won't keep conceding loads.

Murphy to drop deep and help like he did against Man City.  Luongo and Windass holding the middle of the park with Windass allowed forward but Luongo holding back.

Borner and Lee won't make the squad due to injury imho.  Keep Fletcher on the bench to be fresh at the end of the game.  Da Cruz can wear them down for 60 mins before coming off.

Minutes 1 to 60:

Dawson

Palmer - Iorfa - Lees - Fox

Windass - Luongo - Bannan 

Murphy - Da Cruz - Forestieri

Then change the squad up on 60 mins and have a real good go for 30 mins:

Minutes 61-90:

Dawson

Murphy - Windass - Bannan - Harris

Fletcher - Wickham

Edited by Bez

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Assuming Fletcher plays he needs a foil. Can’t have him playing the lone-striker role so soon after he’s back.

Wildsmith must start. He was superb and Dawson has been less than superb.

Wildsmith 

Iorfa - Lees - Borner - Fox
Murphy - Bannan - Lee - Forestieri

Windass - Fletcher

I wouldn't have said that Wildsmith was superb, if Dawson had let that first goal in he would have been slated on here. I would however start with Wildsmith, Dawson needs to come out of the firing line for a bit

24 minutes ago, Bez said:

Start defensively.  Keep them out for 60 mins to gain confidence and prove to the players that they won't keep conceding loads.

Murphy to drop deep and help like he did against Man City.  Luongo and Windass holding the middle of the park with Windass allowed forward but Luongo holding back.

Borner and Lee won't make the squad due to injury imho.  Keep Fletcher on the bench to be fresh at the end of the game.  Da Cruz can wear them down for 60 mins before coming off.

Minutes 1 to 60:

Dawson

Windass - Luongo - Bannan 

Murphy - Da Cruz - Forestieri

Then change the squad up on 60 mins and have a real good go for 30 mins:

Minutes 61-90:

Dawson

Murphy - Windass - Bannan - Harris

Fletcher - Wickham

Luongo won't be available I don't think, Howson said he won't play

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Ok so Lee is out but Borner might make it.

Id go with the below:

Wildsmith

Palmer Iorfa Borner Fox

Murphy Hunt Waldock Bannan

Forestieri Fletcher

People may look at that midfield and panic but, were playing Brentford who like city are gonna have a lot of the ball, but we cant just defend we need to impose ourselves more. Bannan in CM does not do that, Pelupessy should never play again and the one player who would Hutchinson is outcast. So why not play two youngsters, they'll be keen to impress and have played together un the Under 23's. Waldock is more defensive which would Help hunt out. They will give it a go at least.

Hold on a minute you want to impose ourselves in midfield. So you put in two youngsters that are probably smaller than Bannan. One of which you just Cherry picked from our U23 team having probably never been around the first team before.

Hows that going to work out against one of the best teams in the division. 

It will be Pelupessy and Bannan whether we like it or not until Luongo comes back.

Dawson will be in goal aswell.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Dawson

Palmer Iorfa Lees Fox

Bannan

Murphy Windass Harris

Fessi

Fletcher

Swap Windass or Harris for Pelupessy and I think that's the team he picks.

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Hold on a minute you want to impose ourselves in midfield. So you put in two youngsters that are probably smaller than Bannan. One of which you just Cherry picked from our U23 team having probably never been around the first team before.

Hows that going to work out against one of the best teams in the division. 

It will be Pelupessy and Bannan whether we like it or not until Luongo comes back.

Dawson will be in goal aswell.

Not cherry picked at all watched him a few times and although I have no idea if he would be first team ready he fits the bill and would be more use than Pelupessy. He is a defensive midfielder who likes a tackle and plays in the way that Hutch does from what ive seen. 

Not saying that him and Hunt will be able to impose thjemselves - but I sure as hell know Bannan and Pelupessy wont. and Id rather give them a go than them two. 

I know it will be those two in there Monk would never be so bold and Dawson will be in net. Just not what I would do, going by the thread. Think Lees will play too regardless of Borners fitness.

22 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Not cherry picked at all watched him a few times and although I have no idea if he would be first team ready he fits the bill and would be more use than Pelupessy. He is a defensive midfielder who likes a tackle and plays in the way that Hutch does from what ive seen. 

Not saying that him and Hunt will be able to impose thjemselves - but I sure as hell know Bannan and Pelupessy wont. and Id rather give them a go than them two. 

I know it will be those two in there Monk would never be so bold and Dawson will be in net. Just not what I would do, going by the thread. Think Lees will play too regardless of Borners fitness.

Monks said all along that youngsters would get a chance under him If good enough and what with the situation with Hutchinson and Pelupessy as bad as people say he is then surely if Waldock was good enough he would be in and around the first team. The fact he isn't suggests he is no where near ready for first team football or just not good enough. U23 football is lot different to first team football even in the leagues below. Use Jack Stobbs as an example.

Westwood               

Odobajo   Lees   Iorfa   Palmer

Bannan    Hutchinson         

Murphy                               Windass

Fletcher    Forestieri

Dawson

Pelupessy

Luongo

Harris

Da Cruz

Wickham

Nuhiu

Edited by paddyowl

15 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’d go 4-5-1 when we don’t have the ball and 4-3-3 when we do have it....

Dawson

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner (Lees if he’s injured)

Fox

Forestieri

Hunt

Bannan

Lee/Luongo

Murphy

Fletcher

Subs: Wildsmith, Windass, Wickham, Odubajo, Harris, Nuhiu, Pelupessey 

Might work but I'd go with Wildsmith. To get something against Brentford this season and in recent seasons, we need to be defensively solid as a team unit, like we were against City but crucially we need to be able to hit them on the break.

Thinking back the likes of Hutchinson and Joao had decent games against them in recent years. Which suggests we need to be solid and have a threat on the break. I'd go with 4-3-3 too but like you suggest, defensively it's like 4-5-1 and going forward we need support, link up and crosses into Fletcher.

Murphy and Forestieri have been a threat lately at times, I'd like to see Hunt given a start, especially after his cross into Fletcher against City and the forward energy he gave us. Windass could be key too, along with the likes of Murphy and Forestieri because we have to hit them on the break and get up in support of Fletcher. Personally, I'd fancy our chances more if Luongo is fit enough to start and if Iorfa is partnered with Börner. Because as much as we need more of a threat, we also need to be solid too against a team like Brentford, getting that balance right will be key, if we're going to get anything out of the game to be honest.

16 hours ago, doubleo said:

We could have conceeded 8 last night if we'd have gone at it. We're in poor form with a midtable Champinship side lacking confidence playing one of the best teams in the world in a competition they want to win. City don't rest once they've scored 3, they just go on and on. The tactics almost worked and were all we could expect. Better teams than ours have had a pasting off City.

Indeed we could but when we are playing games to prevent the scale of the lose then its time to take a look at the team and the manager and make a change them.

40 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Monks said all along that youngsters would get a chance under him If good enough and what with the situation with Hutchinson and Pelupessy as bad as people say he is then surely if Waldock was good enough he would be in and around the first team. The fact he isn't suggests he is no where near ready for first team football or just not good enough. U23 football is lot different to first team football even in the leagues below. Use Jack Stobbs as an example.

Very true, my concern is that Pelupessy is classed as good enough by Monk.